Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Most Memborable Film Dialogues - Top 10

Ok, here go mine, in no particular order of preference

'We deal in lead, mister' - Steve McQueen - Magnificent Seven

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk??' Clint Eastwood - Dirty Harry

'Frankly my, I don't give a Damn' - Clark Gable - Gone with the wind

'My name is Bond, James Bond' -

'I'll be back' - Arnold Scwarzenegger - Terminator

'Jab bhi main koi gori titli ko dekhta hoon to mere rago mein saikdon kale kutte bhounkne lagte hain, tabhi main Black Dog whisky peeta hoon' - Amrish Puri

'Forgiveness is up to God - I only arrange the meetings' - Denzel Washington - Man on Fire

'You can't handle the truth' - Jack Nicholson - A few good men

'If Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with him' - Robert De Niro - Untouchables

'Say Hello to my little friend' - Al Pacino - Scarface

'Here's looking at you, kid' - Bogart - Casablanca

Actually thats eleven, feel free to cancel out which one you don't like

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

--Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Star Wars.

"The danger? Well, of course. But you are missing a very important point. I think if any of us imagined - really imagined - what it would be like to go into a tree at 150 miles per hour we would probably never get into the cars at all, none of us. So it has always seemed to me that to do something very dangerous requires a certain absence of imagination."

--Jean-Pierre Sarti (Yves Montand), Grand Prix.

and indulge me a second quote from that movie:

"Oh, Mr. Yamura, I don't think there's one of us who doesn't ask himself at least once in the middle of a race, "What the hell am I doing here?" Of course, when it's over, we conveniently forget that we asked ourselves that question. I think about it and a lot of reasons I don't know. Maybe to do something that brings you so close to the possibility of death and to survive it is to feel life and living so much more intensely."

--Pete Aron (James Garner), Grand Prix.

"I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would f**k a person in the a** and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you."

--Gunnery Sergeant Hartman (R.Lee Ermey), Full Metal Jacket.

"And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid."

--Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart), Casablanca.

"Hey, Ryan, be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don't react too well to bullets."

--Marko Ramius (Sean Connery), The Hunt for Red October.

Not ten but whatever...

Again, not ten but.

Autumnpuma made me think of the first one...

"Get the **** off of my obstacle!" and "Choke yourself! NOT with your hand, with my hand!" from Full Metal Jacket.

Honourable mention to Chef in Apocalypse Now:

"Never get out of the boat, never get out of the boat"

But my favourite line from a film is Charlton Heston, in Earthquake

"Goddam it Barbara, take off that pantyhose!"

Hmmmmm :eusa_think:

Grab the cat, Rog - Riggs (Mel Gibson), Lethal Weapn 3

SUCK ME, BEAUTIFUL! - Stifler (Sean W Scott), American Pie

When you wake up, it'll be time to die - Hunter (Chuck Norris), Invasion USA

I think my favourite movie for 1 liners is Heartbreak Ridge with Clint Eastwood as Gunnery Sergeant Highway :-

I've drank more beer, p!ssed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together

Be advised, I'm mean nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and p!ss napalm and I could put a round through a fleas a$$ at 300 meters. So why don't you hump somebody else's leg mutt-face before I push yours in

The United States' Marines is lookin' for a few good men - you ain't it

You're dead marine, you just got your legs blown off and we'll hafta send out a search party for your testicles. Where's your cover? [They indicate Profile who waves to them] What the hell are ya doin' back there? Without any cover fire I'll get my a$$ shot off! While the rest of you are pumpin' the neighbors dog we'll get every swinging d#ck in this platoon killed!

Why don't I bend you over the table there... send you home with the "I just pumped the neighbor's cat" look on your face.

It's a cluster fcuk, sir. Marines shouldn't be sitting on their sorry asses filling out requisitions for equipment they should already have.

Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Yep forgotten about that - join in Brad!! :lol:

Don't know the quote by heart (thats not the point of the thread I know, but I hope you guys could break it b4 you chipped in pabloh20 :lol: ),

.....actually his character makes several....

define irony! bunch of idiots dancing in a plane to the song which was played by the band that died in a plane crash! con air!

Don't know the quote by heart (thats not the point of the thread I know, but I hope you guys could break it b4 you chipped in pabloh20 :lol: ),

.....actually his character makes several....

:lol:

Are you talking about the 'Oh I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?' :D

One I always liked :-

I'll be too busy looking good! - Williams (Jim Kelly), Enter the Dragon

I like that one from Con Air, Abbas!! :lol:

I'll be too busy looking good! - Williams (Jim Kelly), Enter the Dragon

and then he gets beaten to death, one of my all time movie greats!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, I have yet to come across a personality that had the screen presence of the late Bruce Lee....

and then he gets beaten to death, one of my all time movie greats!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, I have yet to come across a personality that had the screen presence of the late Bruce Lee....

Boards don't hit back !! :lol:

There have been quite a few very good martial artitsts - Chuck Norris, Jet Li, etc, but in my mind none can compare with Bruce.

These ghettos, they're the same everywhere, they stink! Williams (Jim Kelly), Enter the Dragon :lol:

Anni Caphri bringing in the girls for John Saxon to choose.....

Anni Caphri: Choose one....

John Saxon (looking at her): I already have...

Anni Caphri (sly smile): Wise decision

:lol:

"What Kind Of F**ked up tour is this?" - The Rock

"Woooo Man, you just F**ked up your Ferrari"

Nicolas Cages character then responded with the following simple quote just before whacking the kid off his bike and taking it... "It Wasn't Mine!" - The Rock

so far you 4 have forgotten Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction.....

No contest with that, Competition over.

Here's to Mr Jackson :cheers:

A Few Good Men

JN-"You want answers?"

TC-"I think I'm entitled to them"

JN-"YOU WANT ANSWERS"

TC-"I WANT THE TRUTH"

JN-"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!! Son we live in a world that has walls and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whos gonna do it? You, you Lt. Whineberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiagos death while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence while incomprehensible and grotesque to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man that rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather he just said "Thank You" and went on his way. Otherwise i suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a d*** what you think you are entitled to"

TC-"Did you Order the Code Red"

JN-"I did the job and I'll do it again"

TC-"DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED"

JN-"YOUR GOD D*** RIGHT I DID"

Independence Day

"Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

Big Jake

"Just who do you think you are"

John Wayne-"Jacob McCandles"

"I'm sorry I thought you were dead"

John Wayne-" Not Hardly"

The Quiet Man

"Heres a stick to beat the lovely lady"

Fight Club

"All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I f*** like you wanna f***, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not."

No contest with that, Competition over.

Here's to Mr Jackson :cheers:

Yeah, but Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris could both whoop his a$$ without even breaking a sweat, so their quotes stand!! :mf_tongue::lol:

"I AM the Shogun of Harlem!"

"Am I the meanest?"

"Sho'nuff!"

"Am I the prettiest?"

"Sho'nuff!"

"Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?"

"Sho'nuff!"

"Well who am I?"

"Sho'nuff!"

"Who am I?"

"Sho'nuff!"

I can't hear you...

"SHO'NUFF!"

:D

Wasn't that Ozzy?

Well I was referring to the bit when Stifler shouts it (I put it in caps :D ), when Oz says it it's just plain embarrassing, however when Stifler shouts it.... :lol:

"Obi wan Kenobi? That's a name i've not heard in a long time.....a long time" Alec Guiness - Star Wars.

"You smell that? that's napalm son. I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells like......victory"

Robert Duvall - Apocalypse Now.

"You know, we're sat here like two regular guys, you do what you do, i do what i gotta do. And now we've met, if i've gotta put you away- i aint gonna like it. But if it's between you and some poor bastrads wife that you're gonna turn into a widow, then brother, YOU ARE GOIN DOWN!"

Al Pacino - Heat.

"But i told you already, iam a guitarist and this is my guitar"

Antonio Banderas - Desperado.