Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

2007 Entry List

2007 Formula One World Championship official entry list

01/12/2006

No / Entrant / Constructor / Driver

1 / Vodafone McLaren Mercedes / McLaren-Mercedes / Alonso

2 / Vodafone McLaren Mercedes / McLaren-Mercedes / Hamilton

3 / ING Renault F1 Team / Renault / Fisichella

4 / ING Renault F1 Team / Renault / Kovalainen

5 / Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro Ferrari / Massa

6 / Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro Ferrari / Raikkonen

7 / Honda Racing F1 Team / Honda / Button

8 / Honda Racing F1 Team / Honda / Barrichello

9 / BMW Sauber F1 Team / BMW / Heidfeld

10 / BMW Sauber F1 Team / BMW / Kubica

11 / Panasonic Toyota Racing / Toyota / R Schumacher

12 / Panasonic Toyota Racing / Toyota / Trulli

14 / Red Bull Racing / Red Bull-Renault / Coulthard

15 / Red Bull Racing / Red Bull-Renault / Webber

16 / AT&T Williams / WilliamsF1-Toyota / Rosberg

17 / AT&T Williams / WilliamsF1-Toyota / Wurz

18 / Scuderia Toro Rosso / Toro Rosso-Ferrari / TBA

19 / Scuderia Toro Rosso / Toro Rosso-Ferrari / TBA

20 / Spyker F1 Team / Spyker-Ferrari / Albers

21 / Spyker F1 Team / Spyker-Ferrari / TBA

22 / TBA Super Aguri F1 Team / Super Aguri-Honda / Sato

23 / TBA Super Aguri F1 Team / Super Aguri-Honda / Davidson

Interesting to note the TBAs...... :eusa_think:

Maybe it's stupid, but I've never realized there was no number 13 car... Why that? (don't say its cus 13 brings bad luck... that can't b the reason...)

Wikipedia already helped me :)

The number 13 has not been used since 1974, before which it was occasionally assigned at the discretion of individual race organizers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_1

Maybe it's stupid, but I've never realized there was no number 13 car... Why that? (don't say its cus 13 brings bad luck... that can't b the reason...)

Yeah, i've never realized that either Katy, thanks :)

Just goes to prove that you learn something new every day .

yes thanks Katy!!!! :thbup::)

I always knew there was no number 13 and just assumed it was because a lot of people are superstitious and would see it as unlucky, and even say its unfair!

I'm surprised that the STR seats are TBA, I thought Liuzzi and Speed were already confirmed?

Seeing that #1 officially confirmed brings back those feelings of justice being done and karma might actually exist.

Pretty funny how Alonso practically gave the first 4 car's their numbers leaving Ferrari with 5th and 6th....fastest car of 2006, "Magic Alonso" really is an appropriate nick name.

Interesting points:

Massa is #1 driver over Raikkonen

Rosberg is #1 driver over Wurz

I think that may be attributed to them being the driver that has already completed a full season with the team, not so much on driver status within the team.

:D

I think that may be attributed to them being the driver that has already completed a full season with the team, not so much on driver status within the team.

:D

i was under the impression the team decides who to give which number.

i was under the impression the team decides who to give which number.

I thought it was the FIA that issued the entry list and the order that drivers appear in the numerical order and not the teams themselves.

I maybe wrong.

Anyone else know anything about how the numbers are issued?????

I thought it was the FIA that issued the entry list and the order that drivers appear in the numerical order and not the teams themselves.

I maybe wrong.

The numbering is assigned to each team based on the previous season's standings. Each team does have the option of switching which number a driver races under. In '06, Button swapped numbers with Rubens because number '11' was special to Rubens. In '07, Renault had to agree to let Alonso take the '1-2' to McLaren.

This is my understanding, but it may be incorrect..... :eusa_think:

The numbering is assigned to each team based on the previous season's standings. Each team does have the option of switching which number a driver races under. In '06, Button swapped numbers with Rubens because number '11' was special to Rubens. In '07, Renault had to agree to let Alonso take the '1-2' to McLaren.

Good point, I forgot about JB & RB swapping numbers earlier this year.

Still did they have to get approval from the FIA or where Honda able to do this themselves??? Because for JB to swap with RB, JB was issued the number 11 in the first place. Thus making the driver already in the team the first number the team as a whole was allocated from the World Championship standings. Do you get my drift???

You confused yet?? :blink:

Seeing that #1 officially confirmed brings back those feelings of justice being done and karma might actually exist.

Oh yes, your favourite driver (recent favourite rather, you didn't love him so much when he wasn't winning) wins so there is a god :rolleyes2:

It is a shame such a technical sport panders to this kind of ridiculous views by doing something as stupid as leaving out the number 13 :wacko:

Pretty funny how Alonso practically gave the first 4 car's their numbers leaving Ferrari with 5th and 6th....fastest car of 2006, "Magic Alonso" really is an appropriate nick name.

Yip :D

It is a shame such a technical sport panders to this kind of ridiculous views by doing something as stupid as leaving out the number 13 :wacko:

Yes, they always leave out 13 over a stupid suspicion... Pathetic really!

I agree. The whole '13' superstition got started from the French burning a few Templars a couple hundred years ago. Pretty absurd to carry that over into motorsports.......but I suppose it ads a bit of quirkiness to the sport :eusa_think: Hmmm....the Arrows X-wings added some quirkiness too and they were banned.......forget my idea, quirkiness doesn't play.......

Oh yes, your favourite driver (recent favourite rather, you didn't love him so much when he wasn't winning) wins so there is a god :rolleyes2:

:lol:

Wez and Mike stood out for me as true Alonso fans.... :thbup:

kiko has just disappeared all together????

I thought the 1-2 went with the WDC, then the rest were sorted on WCC standings.

im not sure of the details but i do know that at Williams in 2003, Montoya was allowed to choose which number he had, as he had finished higher in the standings than Ralf in 2002. I remember reading an article at the time

The whole '13' superstition got started from the French burning a few Templars a couple hundred years ago.

I was under the impression that this started from the story of Judas being the 13th man at the table?

I dont have a problem with the nmber 13 and i find it suprising that the FIA do. Coulthard would have been number 13 in 2006 and he would have been number 13 in 2007 if the number featured in F1 races.