Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

Renault Toasts 30 Years At Viry

64283.jpg

This week, the Renault F1 Team's engine factory in Viry-Chatillon celebrates thirty years in Formula 1. Sitting proudly above the A6 autoroute just south of Paris, the site welcomed Renault Sport in 1976. Before than, the sporting arm of the French manufacturer had been based in Dieppe, in western France.

In its first years, the factory - which was significantly smaller than now - produced both the chassis and engine of the Renault Turbo cars, which were driven by Jean-Pierre Jabouille and Ren

Past glory's, we shall see what the future holds.

Nice helo sig ecap, a Bell knock-off?

Past glory's, we shall see what the future holds.

Nice helo sig ecap, a Bell knock-off?

Not so old glorys ehhh pump???? 2005 and 2006...

And yes...a Bell Helicopter...does somebody watched Skippy the Bush Kangaroo? ^_^

Not so old glorys ehhh pump???? 2005 and 2006...

And a renalt powered team will do very well next year :D

And yes...a Bell Helicopter...does somebody watched Skippy the Bush Kangaroo? ^_^

Please, im trying to repress the fact that Skippy the Bush Kangaroo was made in Australia and worse that it made it to other countries. :(

Please, im trying to repress the fact that Skippy the Bush Kangaroo was made in Australia and worse that it made it to other countries. :(

I loved it!!!!! :lol:

I loved it!!!!! :lol:

Though our comedy shows have fun with it such as adding a episode called "Skippy Defuses a Nuclear Warhead" which i found quite funny :D

I cant believe this but i just found the clip i was talking about which is quite a feat considering it aired in the late 1980's

Though our comedy shows have fun with it such as adding a episode called "Skippy Defuses a Nuclear Warhead" which i found quite funny :D

I cant believe this but i just found the clip i was talking about which is quite a feat considering it aired in the late 1980's

Late 80

come to think of it, aussie shows that are exported are all terrible - for example Neighbours, Home & Away, Round The Twist

come to think of it, aussie shows that are exported are all terrible - for example Neighbours, Home & Away, Round The Twist

Oh god, you got Round the twist as well. How embarrassing :( Its a shame you dont get our sketch comedy shows as they can be quite good but for the most part Australia dosnt have a big television industry though saying that movies like Star Wars 2 and 3, all 3 matrix films, the latest Superman film and the latest Mission Impossible were all created in Australia. I also love comedies such as "The Glass House" and "Chasers War on Everything" but they really couldnt go to other countries as they have too much content which people from other countries wouldnt understand.

I just remembered to mention that possibly the scariest horror film ever was made in Australia called 'Wolf Creek" and Quentin Tarantino agree's with me saying it is the scariest film he has ever seen.

Go Renault wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Thankyou...

but you are now a Mercedes Fan dont you???

Thankyou...

but you are now a Mercedes Fan dont you???

Untill the 1st of January.... :P just kidding, I really like Renault so will still root for them. As Alonso said if he isent winning he hopes its Renault.

Speaking of Alonso hes international driver of the year according to autosport :D about time he got recognition.

First 30 years of a millenium of success!!!!!!!!!!! :waccoe1:

A toast with you ecap mi buen amigo!

Go Renault, Go!!!

Oh god, you got Round the twist as well. How embarrassing :( Its a shame you dont get our sketch comedy shows as they can be quite good but for the most part Australia dosnt have a big television industry though saying that movies like Star Wars 2 and 3, all 3 matrix films, the latest Superman film and the latest Mission Impossible were all created in Australia. I also love comedies such as "The Glass House" and "Chasers War on Everything" but they really couldnt go to other countries as they have too much content which people from other countries wouldnt understand.

o yeah and theres a comedy called Cath & Kim which is crap

Renault have done well, but they made one very large error this year, I think: They refused to stand firm in their commitment to Formula One.

Many rumors have leaked to the press about Renault possibly bowing-out of F1 very soon. It was these rumors, both in the paddock and in the press, that caused Alonso to look to a more stable team for '07. The same reason saw many key Renault personnel leave the team for greener pastures as it were.

This year astounded me in that no notable driver wanted to join Renault. This is a championship-winning team that was looking good all during '06 and nobody wanted in on that action. They had ample time to secure a good driver combo at the start of the season, but they settled for the lackluster combination of Fisichella and The-Fin-Of-The-Unspellable-Name.

Now they face an upcoming season of hardship with a lead driver of flagging skills and a rookie. All because they couldn't make up their mind sooner.

Renault have done well, but they made one very large error this year, I think: They refused to stand firm in their commitment to Formula One.

Many rumors have leaked to the press about Renault possibly bowing-out of F1 very soon. It was these rumors, both in the paddock and in the press, that caused Alonso to look to a more stable team for '07. The same reason saw many key Renault personnel leave the team for greener pastures as it were.

This year astounded me in that no notable driver wanted to join Renault. This is a championship-winning team that was looking good all during '06 and nobody wanted in on that action. They had ample time to secure a good driver combo at the start of the season, but they settled for the lackluster combination of Fisichella and The-Fin-Of-The-Unspellable-Name.

Now they face an upcoming season of hardship with a lead driver of flagging skills and a rookie. All because they couldn't make up their mind sooner.

Couldn't agree more. This reminds me of how Ford completely missed and opportunity to exploit the fact that they were constructors champions in '94.

I was just commenting that with a friend a few days ago! Oh, well, I guess we need to give the other teams a chance every now and then! ;)

I was just commenting that with a friend a few days ago! Oh, well, I guess we need to give the other teams a chance every now and then! ;)

Of course... we dont want to be so hated as ferrari...borrow your toys to the other children so they could play...

then we will smash them again soon. :naughty:

Finn ;)

Well said. Barring Webber, no driver who performed well last year wanted a Renault seat. Perhaps they already see the writing on the wall with Heikki as Flavio's new darling, and don't want to be in Trulli's situation where if you beat the number one, you are fired.

A quote from Rimmer in Red Dwarf (season 8) summed this one up quiet exquisitely:

"If i wanted to share my cell with an irritating lump of wood, i could have picked an australian soap star"