Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Worst F1 Accident Ever....

With the amount of wheels and debris flying about it is an absolute miracle that rubens's cut was the worst injury that day

The thing i remember the most is Esteban Tuero on the Minardi...it was so slow that when he finally reached the mayhem he had time to avoid hitting the others.

With the amount of wheels and debris flying about it is an absolute miracle that rubens's cut was the worst injury that day

This could be the proof that Murray W. was waiting for, I think it was a miracle too.

The biggest crash of all time was caused by Jodi Sheckter at Silverstone... I think it was '76 or so.

Most the field was taken out.

The biggest crash of all time was caused by Jodi Sheckter at Silverstone... I think it was '76 or so.

Most the field was taken out.

I think this might be the one you're referring to - Silverstone '75. Making the assumption that those classified as having had an accident on laps 53 and 54 had alread been lapped, that would make 11-14 cars taken out (if you include those on laps 50-51 as being really slow). Do you think he thought, "right, I'm going to crash, how can I take everyone else out as well so I can still take 3rd place"? :naughty:

Pos. Driver Team Time Laps Chassis

1 Emerson Fittipaldi (1) Marlboro Team McLaren 1:22:05.0 56 :: McLaren M23

2 Jos頃arlos Pace (8) Martini Racing 1:20:24.4 55 Accident :: Brabham BT44B

3 Jody Scheckter (3) Elf Team Tyrrell 1:20:30.9 55 Accident :: Tyrrell 007

4 James Hunt (24) Hesketh Racing 1:20:45.8 55 Accident :: Hesketh 308B

5 Mark Donohue (28) Penske Cars 1:21:33.6 55 Accident :: March 751

6 Vittorio Brambilla (9) Beta Team March 1:21:47.3 55 :: March 751

7 Jochen Mass (2) Marlboro Team McLaren 1:21:50.3 55 Accident ::

8 Niki Lauda (12) Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC 1:21:01.9 54 Accident :: Ferrari 312T

9 Patrick Depailler (4) Elf Team Tyrrell 1:21:17.4 54 Accident :: Tyrrell 007

10 Alan Jones (22) Embassy Racing 1:21:38.6 54 :: Hill GH1

11 John Watson (18) Team Surtees 1:21:45.8 54 Accident :: Surtees TS16

12 Mario Andretti (27) Vel's Parnelli Jones Racing 1:22:01.0 54 :: Parnelli VPJ4

13 Clay Regazzoni (11) Scuderia Ferrari SpA SEFAC 1:22:10.3 5.3 54 :: Ferrari 312T

14 Jean-Pierre Jarier (17) UOP Shadow Racing Team 1:18:38.6 53 Accident :: Shadow DN5

15 Tony Brise (23) Embassy Racing 1:20:21.7 53 Accident :: Hill GH1

16 Brian Henton (15) John Player Team Lotus 1:20:31.8 53 Accident :: Lotus 72E

17 John Nicholson (32) Pinch (Plant) Ltd 1:20:28.2 51 Accident :: Lyncar 006

18 Dave Morgan (19) National Organs Team Surtees 1:20:34.9 50 Accident :: Surtees TS16

19 Wilson Fittipaldi () Copersucar-Fittipaldi 1:20:52.3 50 Accident :: Fittipaldi FD03

Hans-Joachim Stuck (10) Lavazza March - 45 Accident (Retired) :: March 751

Jim Crawford (6) John Player Team Lotus - 28 Accident (Retired) :: Lotus 72E

Tom Pryce (16) UOP Shadow Racing Team - 20 Accident (Retired) :: Shadow DN5

Lella Lombardi (29) Lavazza March - 18 Ignition (Retired) :: March 751

Ronnie Peterson (5) John Player Team Lotus - 7 Engine (Retired) :: Lotus 72E

Jacques Laffite (21) Frank Williams Racing Cars - 5 Gearbox (Retired) :: Williams FW04

Carlos Reutemann (7) Martini Racing - 4 Engine (Retired) :: Brabham BT44B

Roelof Wunderink (31) HB Bewaking Team Ensign - 0 (DNQ) :: Ensign N175

Hiroshi Fushida (35) Mika Engineering - 0 (DNQ) :: Maki F101-02

Agreed that was absolutely sickening to the extreme. It can be found on Youtube but i would seriously recommend that anybody who does not have an iron stomach does not watch it

I tried to find it there but I didn't find it, I don't have any clue how to do it.

I tried to find it there but I didn't find it, I don't have any clue how to do it.

Well my advice is not to look for it!On the video you can see the marshal been torn to pieces by the car and later on the dead bodies...

Anyway you can google it...

With luck it's been taken down.

No, i found it. The way it was compiled with such an emphasis on cinematic effect was quite sickening.

The only person to die in 75 was Mark Donohue at the Austrian GP. afaik there where no fatalities during the South African one.

Anyone got the video of Sheckter taking out the field at Silverstone?

The marshal was so badly mangled, the only way they could identify him was to do a role call after the race and find out who was missing. That must have been hell for his family, and i am really thankful that i wasn't:

A: The other marshal that didnt get mangled, who would have seen the whole thing from less than 10m away

b: The people that first came upon the remains of the marshal.

Such a senseless waste of 2 lives, i hope they collared the idiot that ordered the marshals across the track. What is even worse the marshall was only 19 at the time.

The marshal was so badly mangled, the only way they could identify him was to do a role call after the race and find out who was missing. That must have been hell for his family, and i am really thankful that i wasn't:

A: The other marshal that didnt get mangled, who would have seen the whole thing from less than 10m away

b: The people that first came upon the remains of the marshal.

Such a senseless waste of 2 lives, i hope they collared the idiot that ordered the marshals across the track. What is even worse the marshall was only 19 at the time.

Absolutely.

I remember seeing that accident very very graphic, I wish never to see it again. But I would of hated to the driver who they rushed across the track for. Things he must of thought after it, and also if he looked back he could of felt it was his fault.

But yes SPA 98 was a big crash but also Monza 2000 was quite bad. Marshall died due to debris but When I first saw it live when to marshall were attending to someone off the track everyone thought it was Dela Rosa and when one of the marshalls started praying that was really not a good tv shot.

But thats F1 the dangers of the sport and it will never go away.

This could be the proof that Murray W. was waiting for, I think it was a miracle too.

:lol: Well it was at least a figurative miracle! On topic, these crashes sound horrific.

I remember seeing that accident very very graphic, I wish never to see it again. But I would of hated to the driver who they rushed across the track for. Things he must of thought after it, and also if he looked back he could of felt it was his fault.

But yes SPA 98 was a big crash but also Monza 2000 was quite bad. Marshall died due to debris but When I first saw it live when to marshall were attending to someone off the track everyone thought it was Dela Rosa and when one of the marshalls started praying that was really not a good tv shot.

But thats F1 the dangers of the sport and it will never go away.

A marshal also died at the Australian GP of 2001, Graham Beveridge, he was struck by a wheel from Villeneuve's airborne car in the chest and he died almost immediately.

Info

Footage of crash (note no grisly content in this one)

I feel they should make all Participants in F1 watch this video: (note contains some disturbing footage)

View

Shane, both of your vid links are the same, unless I missed something :blush:

In the Vill. crash, did the marshall die instantly or later? And not to sound like a sicko, but was it the right or left wheel? I'm just curious....

But the Sato crash was amazing with him surviving.

Also, this year at Elkhart Lake for Champ Cart, with Legges crash (im prettty sure thats her), I was there at that race, just down the turn :blink:

Shane, both of your vid links are the same, unless I missed something :blush:

In the Vill. crash, did the marshall die instantly or later? And not to sound like a sicko, but was it the right or left wheel? I'm just curious....

Crap thanks for pointing that out, rectified it now.

I am not sure what wheel it was, but i am to believe that he died within minutes, at the side of the track. The wheel actually got through a gap in the fence.