Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Worst F1 Accident Ever....

ok, thanks for the info

The video that you posted was tragic. The Williamson (something like that) was terrible, with the other driver fighting for him, but nobody would help. The one at the US GP, ugh, I'm glad they didn't have a video of that one, it was horrible. The one after Gilles was odd, with the sudden ignition. At first I thought "how did this guy die" but then the fire.

The one at the USGP, i believe you are referring to is Helmuth Koinigg, and it is very fortunate that no footage of that exists as i believe he was decapitated.

As for Riccardo Palletti, it wasnt actually the fire that killed him. His chest was crushed against the steering collumn in his car and it caused him fatal internal injuries.

The one at the USGP, i believe you are referring to is Helmuth Koinigg, and it is very fortunate that no footage of that exists as i believe he was decapitated.

As for Riccardo Palletti, it wasnt actually the fire that killed him. His chest was crushed against the steering collumn in his car and it caused him fatal internal injuries.

Yeah, I was talking about Koiningg, and it's great that no footage is around, seeing as he went through metal barriers, with the top half of him missing.

Thanks for the info on Palletti, I thought it looked odd on how he was pushed so far forward. Sad, Sad, Sad

Here is a video of the amazing crashes of the 90's. I'm posting it because it shows the changes in the runoff areas, eg Eau Rouge, Interlagos, Monza. In the Rubens one, what were the marshalls thinking, just pushing the car back on the ground, what if he had a spinal injury?

Rubens at Imola '94 you mean

The only guess i can make is that the car finished in a dodgy position, i have seen the crash but there is not a massive amount of info about it, thanks to the 2 deaths that occured.

Makes me glad that F1 is so much safer nowadays, i would not be able to take seeing a fatal accident