Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

My, How Things Have Changed...........

Ah, the good old days when people did what they wanted without regards to 'political correctness'. I'm fortunate to remember those days................

It sad to think we will never have another driver like James Hunt.

People look at Hunt and smile and say 'we need that individual spirit back again' then when we get a few genuine characters on the grid, we throw tomatoes at them. Montoya, JV, Irvine and Alonso to name a few.....

Ah, the good old days when people did what they wanted without regards to 'political correctness'. I'm fortunate to remember those days................

I must clarify myself here. I didn't mean that I remembered Hunt. I don't. I meant that I'm just old enough to remember a world without the term 'political correctness' and feel luck for myself (it provides perspective) and sorry for my daughters at the same time...

I also should say that a jaunt over to Monza's blog to read his 'Demolition Man' entry is in order for anyone intrigued by this topic....

Speaking of James Hunt, I would strongly recommend reading the story in the November issue of F1 Racing (if you can still get your hands on it) the story recaps the events that where the 1976 Japanes GP at Fuji where Hunt claims the 1976 WDC in dramatic fashion.

Some of the more mature members might remember seeing the race live on TV even!!!!

People look at Hunt and smile and say 'we need that individual spirit back again' then when we get a few genuine characters on the grid, we throw tomatoes at them. Montoya, JV, Irvine and Alonso to name a few.....

I must clarify myself here. I didn't mean that I remembered Hunt. I don't. I meant that I'm just old enough to remember a world without the term 'political correctness' and feel luck for myself (it provides perspective) and sorry for my daughters at the same time...

I also should say that a jaunt over to Monza's blog to read his 'Demolition Man' entry is in order for anyone intrigued by this topic....

You dont have to be so old to be so wise! I agree with you Puma! Once Bernie said somthing like he never told a driver what he couldn

Some of the more mature members might remember seeing the race live on TV even!!!!

That'll be me, then. :D

I highly recommend his biography, by Gerald Donaldson, even if it does gloss over some of the worst times. Great photos, quotes and anecdotes.

That'll be me, then. :D

I highly recommend his biography, by Gerald Donaldson, even if it does gloss over some of the worst times. Great photos, quotes and anecdotes.

Cheers MG, I'll see if I can track it down :D

there is a difference though between calling your team, pretty much in essence, uninterested in the sport and bad at doing their jobs because you cant win and just telling it like it is on track.

there is a difference though between calling your team, pretty much in essence, uninterested in the sport and bad at doing their jobs because you cant win and just telling it like it is on track.

Hmmm...do you have tomato juice on your hands?

Can you imagine this sort of thing happening these days?

Here is your answer from Jean Todd

Todt calls on Raikkonen to be discrete

Jean Todt says he is not overly concerned that new acquisition Kimi Raikkonen, to replace Michael Schumacher from 2007, is fond of an alcoholic beverage or two.

Ferrari's CEO and temporary Team Principal, however, suggested to the 27-year-old Finn that his tolerance could run dry if he continues to be a drunken regular on the tabloid front pages.

"If from time to time he wants to have some drinks with his friends," Todt told the French daily newspaper Le Figaro, "We will ask him kindly to do so with discretion."

Generally, Todt is excited by Raikkonen's arrival at the Prancing Horse, and he denied that Schumacher's withdrawal means that the term 'dream team' should no longer be used.

Referring to Raikkonen, he insisted: "The boy has talent, he deals with defeat with dignity and does not go around talking too much or complaining."

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=186535

I think that if he is doing a good job driving he won't tell him anything about that, but if he is getting drunk and not driving well, then he will do what he says here.

You are 100% correct! I enjoyed all the above mentioned drivers and thought they were all good for the sport!

Hmmm...do you have tomato juice on your hands?

i don't throw tomatoes, if anything, i throw stones.... really BIG stones, and maybe a stick :lol: