Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loser Boy

Poll: Kovalainen Vs Fisico

HK v/s GF 2007  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be faster & score more points?

• Kovlainnen
    • Fisico

With respect, Wez, the Senna/Andretti---Alonso/Hamilton comparison doesn't work for a few reasons:

Michael's biggest problem was not devoting 100% to Formula One. He had the skills to compete, but not the dedication---commuting back and forth between America and Europe was tremendously stupid--Hamilton will not be making this mistake.

Senna already had the team wrapped around himself when Michael arrived whereas Alonso will be on equal footing with Hamilton in that regard. Actually, since McRon has been guiding Hamilton's career, I'd give this advantage to Hamilton over Alonso. Though in all fairness, Renault started '06 favoring Fisico (since Alonso was leaving) but Alonso was so good that the team simply had to re-focus itself on Alonso.

Fair enough... i suppose time will be the best judge.

Finally, as good as I think Alonso is, he's no Senna and Hamilton is a good deal better than Andretti.

I expect Alonso to come out ahead, but only just.

I have never been a fan of the middle Andretti (even in Indy), but to be fair at this stage looking at both careers and the records Andretti is/was probably better than Hamilton.

Rosberg very kindly proved to us all that winning GP2 doesn't make you a great or even a particularly good driver when you arrive on the big stage

BTW, when you have your lunch with the Honda man, tell him NOT to make the car's livery red and white!

Yeah, I think I should... But sadly as far as I know they will be.

Yes Mike and also MA had a lot more experience in racing than Lewis when he arrived.

But wasnt it in america where all you have to do is turn left?

I think Alonso will dominate Hamilton, i'm not under any illusions, but I also feel strongly that Hamilton is going to give us some great displays and some great racing. In GP2 he showed that he has a great talent for overtaking, and where better to start an F1 career than mclaren?

Yeah it was you're right. But destroying someone's career is much easier if they've been racing a long time than if they are seen as a rookie. MA was seen, rightly, as someone with plenty of experience, it's just that it was experience in a 2nd rate series as you say. It's all about success relative to fair expectations, rather than how much Alonso actually is ahead of him in absolute terms.

But wasnt it in america where all you have to do is turn left?

Are you being funny or asking an actual question? Andretti came from CART. CART raced on ovals and road courses. We have more road racing series in America than we do oval racing series.

I think Alonso will dominate Hamilton, i'm not under any illusions, but I also feel strongly that Hamilton is going to give us some great displays and some great racing. In GP2 he showed that he has a great talent for overtaking, and where better to start an F1 career than mclaren?

Time will tell, but the gap between Hamilton and Alonso will not be so large as you think. Oh ye of little faith. My words all come true, eventually. :P

Finally, as good as I think Alonso is, he's no Senna and Hamilton is a good deal better than Andretti.

Mike, haven't you seen my nick? I'd thought you were a very respectful guy. I am very disappointed by your comment... ;)

I think Fisichella will probably improve on last year with around 70 points maybe, I doubt Hekki will get over 70 points.

aussief1' date='Dec 11 2006, 11:41 PM' post='161088']

As much as it kills me to say I think Fisi will come out on top of the young Finn but only just. Kovlainnen will do enough to finish the career of GF

Ive seen Kovlainnen before in lower classes and he's extremely talented, In this class, he will have to be, but i think he will turn more than a few heads IF... he's got the car under him....personally i think he will blitz fizzy. As for the championship it will be a two horse race between Alonso and Raikkonen.

I cannot see Hekki doing it, with raikkonen, it depends how well he fits into the team, if the team can restructure in time, and ultimately if they can still deliver such a dominant car with theire tyre advantage equalised. It's gonna be a tight one next year

If fisico doesn't perform in 2007 i dont think he will have a seat in 2008.

The BAR was a faster car than the Renault's in 2004.

more like it was the fastest car on the grid actually.

Not really, with the possible exception of Indy the Ferrari was the class of the grid in 2004

more like it was the fastest car on the grid actually.

Actually, no way.

Not really, with the possible exception of Indy the Ferrari was the class of the grid in 2004

I thought they were pretty strong at Indy aswell, maybe only in Monaco they weren't the fastest.

I thought they were pretty strong at Indy aswell, maybe only in Monaco they weren't the fastest.

I don't know why you think that, but most of 2004 the ferraris where half the way round the track from the competitors. BAR had a good car that year but it was strictly second best.

I cannot see Hekki doing it, with raikkonen, it depends how well he fits into the team, if the team can restructure in time, and ultimately if they can still deliver such a dominant car with theire tyre advantage equalised. It's gonna be a tight one next year

With Heikki the question is in the mental side, he is fast but probably not mentally so strong. On the other hand, also Alonso was successful in Renault, even though he isn't either mentally that strong. So the team doesn't put much pressure to drivers, which is going to help Heikki.

Kimi, on the other hand, doesn't take any kind of pressure about anything in this world, is probably the fastest guy in the grid and Ferrari is also fast enough... That certainly is winning package.

Lets hope not, ferrari must die.

And about Alonso ROFL not many drivers would be able to hold back Schumacher in a much slower car, for 13 odd laps without making a single mistake (alonso vs schumacher at turkey). That, and the race at Imola 2005 i feel showed quiet the opposite, Alonso's mental strength and mental agility is what makes him a cut above most of the other drivers in the field. Raikkonen is quick when he wants to be, but he does not have the focus of an Alonso or Schumacher.

Lets hope not, ferrari must die.

And about Alonso ROFL not many drivers would be able to hold back Schumacher in a much slower car, for 13 odd laps without making a single mistake (alonso vs schumacher at turkey). That, and the race at Imola 2005 i feel showed quiet the opposite, Alonso's mental strength and mental agility is what makes him a cut above most of the other drivers in the field. Raikkonen is quick when he wants to be, but he does not have the focus of an Alonso or Schumacher.

You have to wait only couple of months, and you will see:

-Alonso will be far away from his Renault dominance

-Kovalainen will take Fernando's place

-Kimi will destroy Massa, like he did DC, Montoya and De la Rosa