Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Jenson Button

Jenson Button  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is Button one of the most overrated drivers in modern F1?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not the most overrated but he is the 2nd most overrated
  2. 2. Is Jenson Button in the top 3 drivers in F1

• Yes
    • No

It was a clever tactic, i just didnt find it as intriguing to watch

I agree with Jem, in that we can judge a driver's talent before they get into a top team, in principle.

Regarding how MS would have done in BAR/Honda, I think over the years he would have done much better, as he would have "driven" the team forward far more, as well as being a better driver on track.

I agree with Jem, in that we can judge a driver's talent before they get into a top team, in principle.

Regarding how MS would have done in BAR/Honda, I think over the years he would have done much better, as he would have "driven" the team forward far more, as well as being a better driver on track.

Plus the mechanics would have spent more time paying attention to the car instead of ridiculing a bum fluffed chin.

Michael and Ross forced Pat and Fernando's hand, it was lovely.

I agree this was a factor. It was a bit of pressure applied to Renault by Ferrari. An old tactic, but a good one. Fernando did the same thing to Kimi in '05 that resulted in Kimi flat-spotting his tyre....and racking up a DNF. The top drivers and teams work this tactic whenever they can, I think....

Kimi wasn't actually under that much threat before he flatspotted the tire, he applied the pressure after kimi flatspotted it, the flatspot was justpure driving error. And whilst i think pressure from Renault played its part, i also think Kimi's suspension was going to fail come what may anyway

the flatspot was justpure driving error.

I agree, but as i remember he was hindered into turn one by Villeneuve who he was about to lap. He locked up in his over exuberance to get past.

If ferrari can make massa consistant they can do it to anybody. They just need to help Kimi focus a bit better

If ferrari can make massa consistant they can do it to anybody. They just need to help Kimi focus a bit better

:thbup:

Kimi wasn't actually under that much threat before he flatspotted the tire, he applied the pressure after kimi flatspotted it, the flatspot was justpure driving error. And whilst i think pressure from Renault played its part, i also think Kimi's suspension was going to fail come what may anyway

Not that close to the race's end. The suspension failed because of the vibrations caused by the flat-spotted tyre. It seemed to me at the time that Alonso was gaining and was the reason for Kimi pushing harder, but I'll not wager on it. In the end, it was Kimi's error, like so many errors before and after. If Kimi can't win the title in a Ferrari, he will be pathetic in my eyes.

I know it was his error, i was saying that after he flatspotted it, it was inevitable it was going to break. Alonso did not up the pace by a huge margin, only by a tenth or 2, the reason he gained at such a rate was the inevitable slowing down of Raikkonen with the damaged car.

Even when Kimi is concentrating he is still distracted. I believe the new challenge at Ferrari will give him a breath of fresh air something that he needs desperately after being dealt a massive mental blow by the McLaren & Mercedes in 2005.

I know it was his error, i was saying that after he flatspotted it, it was inevitable it was going to break. Alonso did not up the pace by a huge margin, only by a tenth or 2, the reason he gained at such a rate was the inevitable slowing down of Raikkonen with the damaged car.

I remember Alonso gaining then Kimi lapping someone, then Kimi went in too hot and flat spotted the tyre. Thanks for clarifying what you were saying. I agree that after Kimi's driver's error, that suspension was going to break.

So, are you saying that Alonso wasn't gaining enough to put pressure on Kimi? OK, then Kimi should have no real reason to be pushing so hard that he would flat-spot a tyre. That's the kind of mistake I can forgive more easily if he were being pressured, like the Alonso/MS situation at Imola. My opinion of Kimi has gone down even further if you're saying he wasn't even being pressured and he made that dumb mistake.....

No, sorry i shall clarify again, i do not feel that Alonso would have been gaining on him if his car was in its normal functionality, however the flatspot inevitably slowed kimi down, and Alonso probably did turn the revs up on his engine, but i just think that the suspension would have given whether Alonso had pressures him or not. He was under no pressure, he was almost 20s in the lead when he flatspotted the tyre, so it has to go down as nothing more than a critical driving error

Ha. I had to drag this up.

MFHJ must be eating his puke-inducing suede shoes by now.

Still who cares? The guy is a WDC now. So stfu. Ha. Haha. HAAAAA.

Yawn, yawn. Here are the facts. Only 6 drivers on on the current grid have won the WDC and/or finished in the top three during their careers to date. Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Barrichello, Vettel. Only four have achieved the ultimate accolade. Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton and Button. Only one-non Ferrari driver in the 2010 line up ever got close to Schumacher in his heyday - Button in 2004, [the last year MS won a WDC] who, despite five retirements, accumulated 10 podiums, 85 points and third place in the WDC. Alonso was 26 points adrift in 4th that year. Montoya always had a good, competitive car underneath him but despite 13 poles and 30 podiums he could never manage better than 3rd in the WDC. A great racer, yes but for me, he lacked one key element that every great Champion needs to have in his locker - patience. Jenson deserves every bit of praise he gets. He did it the hard way and conquered his demons along the way. He could have easily thrown it all away but he kept his cool. A worthy Champion.

I don't care about statistics. I don't think he is overrated but he still has to prove he is great, he has to beat/match Hamilton like Alonso has to beat/match Massa in Ferrari. Like Hamilton has to beat/match Button... If both McLaren and Ferrari have a competitive car it will be give us some answers.

Only four have achieved the ultimate accolade. Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton and Button. Only one-non Ferrari driver in the 2010 line up ever got close to Schumacher in his heyday - Button in 2004

Ummm I fail to see the point you trying to make here?

1. Alonso hasn't actually competed in a race in a Ferrari as yet.

2. Alonso beat Schumacher to the title in both 2005 & 2006 driving a Renault!

As for this topic, it's clear the author had a vendetta against Button and that's old news, the fact is that Button isn't a bad driver by any stretch of the imagination. To win the title, no matter how fast your car you need to have talent. Button had the fastest car in 2009 and took advantage of that, Massa had the fastest car in 2008 and blew it.

That said Button isn't one of the top 3 drivers in the sport.

Ummm I fail to see the point you trying to make here?

That the author is demeaning a very good driver by any standard past or present.

1. Alonso hasn't actually competed in a race in a Ferrari as yet.

I am talking pre-Mercedes.

2. Alonso beat Schumacher to the title in both 2005 & 2006 driving a Renault!

Alonso didn't beat Schumacher, he beat the car he was driving.

As for this topic, it's clear the author had a vendetta against Button and that's old news, the fact is that Button isn't a bad driver by any stretch of the imagination. To win the title, no matter how fast your car you need to have talent. Button had the fastest car in 2009 and took advantage of that, Massa had the fastest car in 2008 and blew it.

That said Button isn't one of the top 3 drivers in the sport.

If that is true, why on Earth does he have 'No.1' on the nose of his car and a McLaren contract in his pocket?

FFS 3 years after the past post Steph, naughty girl :naughty: I mean :nono1: ! Isn't there a more recent poll about Button??

:roll:

Sorry Danny. I was going over old stuff and this one caught my eye. This comment isn't directed at you -but-

Call me pathetic. I really don't give a flying f*ck! The only point I'm making is the people that said it'll never happen- in your chubby egg wearing faces! And it feels damned good to say that too! I'm sure Sean, Meds, Jem and Ben will understand!

Now forward to this coming season - cannot wait to gloat again!

:roll:

Sorry Danny. I was going over old stuff and this one caught my eye. This comment isn't directed at you -but-

Call me pathetic. I really don't give a flying f*ck! The only point I'm making is the people that said it'll never happen- in your chubby egg wearing faces! And it feels damned good to say that too! I'm sure Sean, Meds, Jem and Ben will understand!

Now forward to this coming season - cannot wait to gloat again!

Yes but it won't be so easy this season for ol Beardy Button as everyone seems to be flying in pre-season testing, even that Alguersuari guy!