Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Jenson Button

Jenson Button  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is Button one of the most overrated drivers in modern F1?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not the most overrated but he is the 2nd most overrated
  2. 2. Is Jenson Button in the top 3 drivers in F1

• Yes
    • No

Imola 05, Montreal 05. Those 2 came to mind the second I read your post.

Imola he let MS pass him like he was driving a kids go-kart compared to Mchaels Ferrari. (and don't give me he was too fast crap... Alnos held him off for ages in the same race evn though he was a few seconds quicker)

Montreal, MS was gaining on him just started putting pressure on him and then wall..... (my avatar shows the end result)

Is that it? Pretty lame dont u think, he defends position every single race and u can think of 2 races in 2005? By the way, at imola he didnt just give MS the inside, he made an error going into the corner - yes, an example of poor defending. At montreal MS was actually further back down the road and Jenson (as explained by himself) got his tyre onto the 'marbles' and hit the wall, it had nothing to do with outbraking himself.

The fact that you choose to have a picture of a JB crash as your avatar shows that your points are clearly biased. I am completely unconvinced by your argument that Jenson is a weak defender, as you have found 1 example from about 120 races, and as someone else pointed out - every driver at some point has given up a position at some point by accidentally going too deep into a corner. Doesnt mean he's now bad at defending his position does it

I would still say massa is higher than button.

since no one execpting F1Fanatic answered my question of best driver, i take it everybody agrees with me. So a best driver is argued on the basis of race wins(Massa leads by 100%) , fastest laps( Button had a better car for 3 years compared to Massa's one year, so he may have more fastest laps.), raw speed(this can be argued, i think both have raw speed which they have shown). And to all those Massa can't drive in the wet, give him a break it's his first year is a competetive car and was having difficulty, as everyone declares button made a error(mistake) why can't it be Massa mistake in one race? We have been him in one wet race in a good car and ppl discard him immediatly, it is like looking at a rookie's first race and saying he sucks coz he did not win.

Is that it? Pretty lame dont u think, he defends position every single race and u can think of 2 races in 2005? By the way, at imola he didnt just give MS the inside, he made an error going into the corner - yes, an example of poor defending. At montreal MS was actually further back down the road and Jenson (as explained by himself) got his tyre onto the 'marbles' and hit the wall, it had nothing to do with outbraking himself.

The fact that you choose to have a picture of a JB crash as your avatar shows that your points are clearly biased. I am completely unconvinced by your argument that Jenson is a weak defender, as you have found 1 example from about 120 races, and as someone else pointed out - every driver at some point has given up a position at some point by accidentally going too deep into a corner. Doesnt mean he's now bad at defending his position does it

Plenty more where those came from Jem...

Marbles? Now tell me, how do you get into the marbles? Either you turn into late, or carry too much speed into a corner. Too much speed in a corner is general from braking too late........

I've found 2 from 120 races that came to me in a flash, without taking anytime to think at all, and the picture was added after these Jenson Polls started. Also you accuse me of being bias, while you yourself are admittedly a fan.... Don't you think you're bias in that case?

I would still say massa is higher than button.

since no one execpting F1Fanatic answered my question of best driver, i take it everybody agrees with me. So a best driver is argued on the basis of race wins(Massa leads by 100%) , fastest laps( Button had a better car for 3 years compared to Massa's one year, so he may have more fastest laps.), raw speed(this can be argued, i think both have raw speed which they have shown). And to all those Massa can't drive in the wet, give him a break it's his first year is a competetive car and was having difficulty, as everyone declares button made a error(mistake) why can't it be Massa mistake in one race? We have been him in one wet race in a good car and ppl discard him immediatly, it is like looking at a rookie's first race and saying he sucks coz he did not win.

You judge it based on team-mate comparisons, observations of their driving on track, and input from the experts such as team managers, former drivers and (good) commentators.

You judge it based on team-mate comparisons, observations of their driving on track, and input from the experts such as team managers, former drivers and (good) commentators.

And with a healthy sprinkling of certain TotalF1 forum members opinions too.

And with a healthy sprinkling of certain TotalF1 forum members opinions too.

Yes indeed Steve. I should have included you in my list. ;)

Thanks, been reading this forum for a while and thought i'd sign up.

Glad you did, so if you like tell us a little about yourself, and your addiction to this sport (who you support ect.) :D

I heard somewhere that "The Simpsons" is the most quoted show of all time.

I wouldn't doubt that for one second.

I rate Button over Massa any day!

i agree with Aussie f1...

By the way... What year was Honda / Bar... Banned for a few races?

Would that change the Statistics that were posted? :eusa_think:

But i would rate Button, Webber and oh crap.. no one else as third at the moment...

Heinfield, Massa and Truili after that..

isn't this the no Hommer forum.....Ha ha ha .. i saw that eposode last night..

Welcome Homer

Its no Homers we're allowed 1 ;)

I quote "The Simpsons" all the time. One of my favourite is "I dont want to lie to you marge" then Homer just walks away. :clap3:

I quote "The Simpsons" all the time. One of my favourite is "I dont want to lie to you marge" then Homer just walks away. :clap3:

Classic.... I must give that a try with the misses :lol:

Jenson is a very good driver and I would say he is a little bit better than Massa but no where near Kimi and Alonso. I dont think he will win a championship against those two

welcome homersimpson :)

Its no Homers we're allowed 1 ;)

How come no homer(s) allowed ? I missed that one!! :lol:

After all he is the greatest guy in history

From the town of Springfield

He's about to hit a chestnut tree......

DOH!!!

Belated, welcome homersimpson!

How come no homer(s) allowed ? I missed that one!! :lol:

After all he is the greatest guy in history

From the town of Springfield

He's about to hit a chestnut tree......

DOH!!!

Belated, welcome homersimpson!

I cant believe i actaully know this but the episodes with "no homers" is called "Homer The Great"

South Park is marginally better than the simpsons IMO :lol:

good example but Simpsons provides us with daily entertainment and appeals to a larger audience than south park

Hmmm, for some reason I just can't get into South Park at all - must be my age!! :lol:

I quite like Scrubs.