Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Who Are Your Top 3 Drivers In F1?

Alonso has been in F1 since 2001, so of course he wasnt a rookie in 03/04!!!

you're right about it being all about the car. im surprised by the amount of people now think Massa is up there with kimi and alonso

Right on.

I'm frankly surpised by the absence of Ruebens in any of the lists

I'm frankly surpised by the absence of Ruebens in any of the lists

Rubens does look good statistically but when you consider that he was in the best car in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 it isnt that impressive.

In 2003/2004 Alonso wasn't a rookie anymore, he did 1 full season plus a testing year at Renault. He was very impressive some races, in 2003 he won once, in 2004 he didn't. Then the next year he suddenly wins 7 races and the championship. Can't be just Alonso massively improving, he just had the best car on the grid and that was quite obvious to see. Next year his Mclaren might not be up for it, but then he still is the superstar who can win races, but he might not be able to do it. Will you say then that he massively deteriorated?

It can change pretty fast for a F1 driver, look at Massa for instance. When he drove at Sauber people thought he was a bit reckless and didn't even see him as a top-10 driver. Now he's at Ferrari for 1 year and some people already believe he's in the top-3 of Formula 1. It's all about the car, that's just being underestimated.

If you were God this post would be part of the bible, it is all true and prophecy that will become true. :clap3:

Rubens does look good statistically but when you consider that he was in the best car in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 it isnt that impressive.

That's true, he should have finished at least second in every WDC thoses years.

If you discount the car they race in (as no two team's cars are the same), to accurately assess a "good" driver and a "top" driver you need to look at all the qualities that make a top driver.

1. Fitness 2. Racecraft 3.Courage 4.Leadership 5. Experience 6.Dedication 7.Good under pressure(in a race)

Alonso 8 8 8 7 7 7 8

Raikkonen 6 6 7 3 7 3 6

Button 7 7 7 6 7 7 7

Massa 7 7 7 5 6 7 6

Webber 9 8 8 8 6 8 7

Fisichella 7 6 6 5 8 7 5

Coulthard 8 7 7 6 9 8 6

RSchumacher 6 7 6 5 8 7 6

Trulli 6 6 6 5 8 7 5

Makes you think, doesnt it??

If you discount the car they race in (as no two team's cars are the same), to accurately assess a "good" driver and a "top" driver you need to look at all the qualities that make a top driver.

1. Fitness 2. Racecraft 3.Courage 4.Leadership 5. Experience 6.Dedication 7.Good under pressure(in a race)

Alonso 8 8 8 7 7 7 8

Raikkonen 6 6 7 3 7 3 6

Button 7 7 7 6 7 7 7

Massa 7 7 7 5 6 7 6

Webber 9 8 8 8 6 8 7

Fisichella 7 6 6 5 8 7 5

Coulthard 8 7 7 6 9 8 6

Trulli 6 6 6 5 8 7 5

then I can figure out that MS would be 10-10-10-10-10-10-9 :eusa_think:

thats quite amusing coming from someone who doesnt accept the argument that DC won all his races in top machinery! yes i know DC didnt always have the best car but when it wasnt the best car it was usually the 2nd best car, except 1996, 97, 03 and 04 of course

thats quite amusing coming from someone who doesnt accept the argument that DC won all his races in top machinery! yes i know DC didnt always have the best car but when it wasnt the best car it was usually the 2nd best car, except 1996, 97, 03 and 04 of course

I know and of course everyone should win races when they have the 2nd best car shouldnt they Jemstride.

I know and of course everyone should win races when they have the 2nd best car shouldnt they Jemstride.

:lol: good comeback, i invited that oops

you know what i mean. DC won 13 races whilst his team-mate won about 25 and 2 titles. But please lets not go into this again!!!!

you know what i mean. DC won 13 races whilst his team-mate won about 25 and 2 titles. But please lets not go into this again!!!!

Yes but if you take into account the 2 times Coulthard let Mika past the tally is actually Coulthard - 15 Hakkinen - 23 which is closer.

Yes but if you take into account the 2 times Coulthard let Mika past the tally is actually Coulthard - 15 Hakkinen - 23 which is closer.

okay then. I think DC is great anyway, his wins in 2001 gave me thrills

okay then. I think DC is great anyway, his wins in 2001 gave me thrills

If only McLaren gave Coulthard a more competitive car that year who know what would have happened.

schumacher was as good as ever all season, no-one including DC stood a chance, even if the mclaren was a bit better. Schumacher was the best driver anyway and deserved the 2001 title

In 2003/2004 Alonso wasn't a rookie anymore, he did 1 full season plus a testing year at Renault. He was very impressive some races, in 2003 he won once, in 2004 he didn't. Then the next year he suddenly wins 7 races and the championship. Can't be just Alonso massively improving, he just had the best car on the grid and that was quite obvious to see. Next year his Mclaren might not be up for it, but then he still is the superstar who can win races, but he might not be able to do it. Will you say then that he massively deteriorated?

It can change pretty fast for a F1 driver, look at Massa for instance. When he drove at Sauber people thought he was a bit reckless and didn't even see him as a top-10 driver. Now he's at Ferrari for 1 year and some people already believe he's in the top-3 of Formula 1. It's all about the car, that's just being underestimated.

Well smart a$$, in case you didnt notice Alonso didnt race in 2002 and since for the first two seasons you are infact considered a rookie (even in the Indy 500), Alonso was still infact a rookie in 2003.

Tell me something else since you think you are so smart... How many races did Schumacher win in '91, '92, '93.... So surely your pathetic theory also applies the same way to Schumacher suddenly winning lots of races and the championship in '94 & '95 then!!!

If you were God this post would be part of the bible, it is all true and prophecy that will become true. :clap3:

Maybe in a religion that worship marijuana plants!!! :wacko:

Well smart a$$, in case you didnt notice Alonso didnt race in 2002 and since for the first two seasons you are infact considered a rookie (even in the Indy 500), Alonso was still infact a rookie in 2003.

Tell me something else since you think you are so smart... How many races did Schumacher win in '91, '92, '93.... So surely your pathetic theory also applies the same way to Schumacher suddenly winning lots of races and the championship in '94 & '95 then!!!

In case you didn't notice I already said in my post that Alonso tested in 2002. I don't care about some useless rookie rule, fact is that Alonso didn't act like a rookie in 2003 in any way, being involved in F1 for 2 years and getting the youngest pole position and win in not even the best car on the track. My point is that between 2004-2005 the Renault improved a lot, at least that had the most influence on Alonso's championship. Every year the teams change a lot, their cars move up of down the rankings and the drivers just have to hope one year they have the best car of the field so they can fight for the wins. Alonso has been in the best team for 2 years now but if Mclaren won't get their act together he won't be champion next year. Same as Schumacher suddenly couldn't win anymore in 2005, it's not like he became a worse driver, his car just wasn't up for it.

wez, alonso was not a rookie in 2003. He raced for a year in 2001 then had a year as test driver. 2003 was his 2nd full season.

As for the other argument u guys are having, obviously a driver is only as good as his machinery, although I do think Alonso did improve in 2005, cos in 2004 he was no better than Trulli

Alonso 8 8 8 7 7 7 8

Raikkonen 6 6 7 3 7 3 6

Button 7 7 7 6 7 7 7

Massa 7 7 7 5 6 7 6

Webber 9 8 8 8 6 8 7

Fisichella 7 6 6 5 8 7 5

Coulthard 8 7 7 6 9 8 6

Trulli 6 6 6 5 8 7 5

hu the hell made up these absolutly stupid number ratings

then I can figure out that MS would be 10-10-10-10-10-10-9 :eusa_think:

Not really. Schumacher was a clever individual, and he is generally not regarded as the best in terms of raw talent, he is regarded as the best in overall terms. In general terms, compared with a driver like Alonso, he would score more in the leadership and dedication stakes, but in general terms i don't feel his racecraft alone was that much better than anyone elses

It still says mika thrashed him whatever way you look at it. The point you are also missing is that Mika would have won in Australia 98 anyway if the team hadn't c#cked up and called him into the pits.

If only McLaren gave Coulthard a more competitive car that year who know what would have happened.

Or, if only Coulthard gave Mclaren a more competitive drive that year who knows what would have happened.

Or, if only Coulthard gave Mclaren a more competitive drive that year who knows what would have happened.

This is what I call a wise answer, why should a team gave the best material to a driver who is not the best in the team?

Jesus said it this way:

Luke 5

37And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. 38No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins.

Giving the best of the best to a driver who is not the best driver in the team will be a lost for the team, they should do what Ferrari did with MS and all of you saw the result they got doing this.

Yes and no, MS helped the team to develop the car like he did with Ferrari, FA said that he hope that Mclaren will have the best car next year, if they do so, you can not say that FA helped them to do it.

You saw what happended to MS in 2004 a record breaking season then in 2005 he only won a race where he was racing almost alone, then 2006 he almost was WDC. Did he improved in 2004, then he lost performance in 2005 just to regain it in 2006? or was all this due to the car situation like Machi said?

Yes, Machi is a smart guy in the good sense of the word.

you can be a regular driver with a good car and you can win races like FA, DC, GF, RB, but you can be a very good driver in a backmaker team and there's not much you can do to get in front like MW, JB, FM.

World Championships:

DC - 0

Mika - 2

I think Mika wins. :D

World Championships:

DC - 0

Mika - 2

...............end of.......................

World Championships:

DC - 0

Mika - 2

Now he will say "It's only two WDC, and DC is still in business he can win two or three WDC with a better car and a team mate slower than him, who knows"