Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Who Are Your Top 3 Drivers In F1?

Sorry, its following the Button poll - I'm interested to see who people rate above Jenson, cos obviously a lot of people disagree with me that Jense is up there!

We havent got much else to discuss these days anyway.

My opinion is

1 + 2 - (cant decide who is better!) Kimi and Alonso

3 - (dont know how he'd handle a title challenge yet) - Button

Whats yours? I welcome all opinions and will not post any useless statistics in an attempt to sway decisions

Sorry, its following the Button poll - I'm interested to see who people rate above Jenson, cos obviously a lot of people disagree with me that Jense is up there!

We havent got much else to discuss these days anyway.

My opinion is

1 + 2 - (cant decide who is better!) Kimi and Alonso

3 - (dont know how he'd handle a title challenge yet) - Button

Whats yours? I welcome all opinions and will not post any useless statistics in an attempt to sway decisions

nr3 - Button....

very smooth driver, fast, makes little mistakes, ultra-cool under pressure....... He needs to have a good car to compete with our nr 1: Kimi and nr 2: Alonso...

I feel he's suffering the same fate as Raikkonen, got my hands on the F1racing mag, and read the article about Mclaren, how they let him down,..... NOT ONE MENTION THAT RAIKKONEN EVER CAUSED THOSE PROBLEMS DUE TO LACK OF MECHANICAL SYMPATHY, NOT ONE MENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really gonna do my best to ignore you....

Im hard to ignore :D

Alonso - 15 wins - 15 poles - 37 podiums

Kimi Raikkonen - 9 wins - 12 poles - 36 podiums

David Coulthard - 13 wins - 12 poles - 61 podiums

Im hard to ignore :D

Alonso - 15 wins - 15 poles - 37 podiums

Kimi Raikkonen - 9 wins - 12 poles - 36 podiums

David Coulthard - 13 wins - 12 poles - 61 podiums

ok, my ignore did'nt work :lol: i just had to reply to this :lol:

David: how many races and years MORE in top cars???????????

ok, my ignore did'nt work :lol: i just had to reply to this :lol:

David: how many races and years MORE in top cars???????????

Coulthard has only ever been in the best car in 1998. If McLaren provided him with the best car in 2001 he would have won the championship as he was on fire that year.

so far the only drivers rated above Jenson are Massa and Coulthard. I'm still confused!!! Different people have different (perhaps odd?) ways of judging talent I guess. I wont put down anyone's opinion though.

ykickamoocow you should realise by know people dont judge ability based on pure win stats.

I wont put down anyone's opinion though.

Really, im perfectly happy to put down another persons opinion if i dont agree with it.

ykickamoocow you should realise by know people dont judge ability based on pure win stats.

I know that but they are a indication of a drivers ability.

Interesting point, but doesn't apply to Alonso on Kimi fans, if your theory is true, so perhaps there opinion is even more important here?

My top 3:

1) Alonso

2) Raikkonen

3) Webber

Interesting point, but doesn't apply to Alonso on Kimi fans, if your theory is true, so perhaps there opinion is even more important here?

My top 3:

1) Alonso

2) Raikkonen

3) Webber

I also feel that if Webber is given a competitive car he will be very quick. All you have to do is look at his performance at Monaco this year to see how fast he can be.

Every statistic no matter how small is useful but what is most important is to put those statistics in the right context.

but you have to look at other factors such as what car they were driving when they got those wins. Some of DC's wins were brilliant and gave me great memories but with 13 wins that doesnt make him any better than the drivers who dont have 13 wins. There are plenty of drivers who would have also won quite a few races in the mclarens and Williams that DC drove

well you said its important to look at the stats in the right context, which is something that you dont do!

u used the stats yesterday to try and show Button to be worse than he really is, and often use the same stats to show that DC is better than he really is - without taking the other factors into consideration

Every statistic no matter how small is useful but what is most important is to put those statistics in the right context.

True, but sometimes even then the statisitic is open to subjective interpretation.........just a thought.

Anyway, they're all rubbish and they should all rot in the filth of their own fornication!! :lol: