Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Williams Steals Away Mclaren And Renault Aerodynamicists

The Williams F1 Team has signed a bunch of new technical engineers. Aerodynamicists Amit Chakraborty and Jon Tomlinson, were stolen away from McLaren and Renault. Williams only finished 8th in the 2006 Constructors' Championship and the team does all the possible to change that in 2007.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/4314

Williams are a proud team, I'm glad they are trying to fight their way back from a two year lean patch by employing some quality people from other successful teams, and not just accepting that they are a beaten force.

I can't speak about Renault, but McLaren have always tended to hold onto valuable personnel by throwing large sums of money at them. Newey was an exception to that because Whitmarsh p!ssed him off. I can only conclude that the poached personnel from McLaren wasn't perhaps all that valuable. There is no way penny-pinching Williams could ever lure someone away from cash-rich McLaren unless McLaren didn't care too much about losing that person.

Not of late at least Mike, Promodrou has been useful and Tombazis has been invaluable for Ferrari. Perhaps Mclaren were loaded with a lot of good people, I don't think finances were the problem when it came to retaining top personnel.

Not of late at least Mike, Promodrou has been useful and Tombazis has been invaluable for Ferrari. Perhaps Mclaren were loaded with a lot of good people, I don't think finances were the problem when it came to retaining top personnel.

Good points, Cav, I'd forgotten about Promodrou and Tombazis...............

Good points, Cav, I'd forgotten about Promodrou and Tombazis...............
are u kidding ,peter and nicholas are not the only ones that have deserted mclaren

right from the bottom of the heirarchy there have been atleast 25 defections this calender year ... not something you associate with a title "ASPIRANT"

in related news rod nelson (alonso's race engineer , ) has left reno and joins williams (F1racing.net)

are u kidding ,peter and nicholas are not the only ones that have deserted mclaren

right from the bottom of the heirarchy there have been atleast 25 defections this calender year ... not something you associate with a title "ASPIRANT"

in related news rod nelson (alonso's race engineer , ) has left reno and joins williams (F1racing.net)

Perhaps you could name those of worth that have left?

Perhaps you could name those of worth that have left?
let me put it this way,

none of those who left mecca would have been employed by them had they not been "OF WORTH"

let me put it this way,

none of those who left mecca would have been employed by them had they not been "OF WORTH"

It's fairly common to overestimate an employee's worth only to find that they underperformed whilst executing their duties.

williams seem to restructure their aero department quite a lot since the disastrous nosecone idea of 2004, I dont know whats wrong with williams but i would dearly love for them to be back at the front. Renault are in F1 to promote their brand, Frank Williams is there cos he lives and breathes motor racing

williams seem to restructure their aero department quite a lot since the disastrous nosecone idea of 2004, I dont know whats wrong with williams but i would dearly love for them to be back at the front. Renault are in F1 to promote their brand, Frank Williams is there cos he lives and breathes motor racing

Williams lost two brilliant design minds (Newey and Fisher) and I see them as trying to fill that void.

No offence to williams but i do not feel that would offer anything like the return to grace they need.

you do have to remember, that these are peoples career's..

Not everyone looks for the best money..

There are factors which may may not be clear now but in the near future that these people have decided to leave..

What i mean is that..

These guys may want to build a reputation for themselves and pull Williams out of the S#%t...

Hence the reasoning that if they succeed there value within F1 will increase $$..

or

They just might not like were they are working, or people they are working with..

or

Family maters

Who knows !!!

I would say that it would be the same motivating factors as we have..

Formula 1 is about business, not fairytales.

i dont know if you were refering to my previous??

if so, i agree..

F1 is about business,

but

It s Run by people...

and the point i was making was that people have a life outside of work! which with the majority of people i know is a major influencing factor in some decisions we make in life..

i dont think that's a fairtale?

you do have to remember, that these are peoples career's..

Not everyone looks for the best money..

There are factors which may may not be clear now but in the near future that these people have decided to leave..

What i mean is that..

These guys may want to build a reputation for themselves and pull Williams out of the S#%t...

Hence the reasoning that if they succeed there value within F1 will increase $$..

or

They just might not like were they are working, or people they are working with..

or

Family maters

Who knows !!!

I would say that it would be the same motivating factors as we have..

You are correct. Please disregard my previous posts.

Fernando Alonso's race engineer at Renault F1, Rod Nelson, will be working for the Williams F1 team in 2007 revealed a source close to Renault, exclusively to F1Racing.net. Rod Nelson joined the Benetton Formula 1 team back in 1997 and has since been working his way up there. In 2006 Nelson was Fernando Alonso's race engineer. At Nelson's side Alonso clinched the drivers' title while Renault won the constructors' championship.

In 2007 Fernando Alonso will be racing for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, and thus Renault have had to re-organise. Nelson could have worked with Giancarlo Fisichella or have started a new challenge with Heikki Kovalainen. But as things stand Nelson will either be working with Nico Rosberg or Alexander Wurz at Williams.

At the time of writing Renault was unavailable for comments.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=136752

Don't forget McLaren already poached aerodynamasits from Renault (their cheif designer on the most aero efficient F1 car) and honda.

Less defectors and more like McLaren making room for their poached talents.

i dont know if you were refering to my previous??

if so, i agree..

F1 is about business,

but

It s Run by people...

and the point i was making was that people have a life outside of work! which with the majority of people i know is a major influencing factor in some decisions we make in life..

i dont think that's a fairtale?

Yes i know what you are saying, i just doubt that proven, well known technical staff would move "to resurrect their careers"