Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Rappers

:lol: Well I like rap. Actually it's relevant to the HDI thread because some of the best rappers are Muslim. In fact I think these guys are some of the best public figures and role models to show a decent side to the Islamic faith. (Before you say it, their lyrics and lives are nothing like Eminem's) Rappers like Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, most of the group Jurassic Five etc are Muslims. Various offshoots of Islam are followed by other rappers like Rakim.

Here's a nice song by Lupe Fiasco about his faith.

Look guy's Rap / Hip Hop isnt my Fav...

And Obvoiusly not yours either..

My first Music Pref's is a bunch of S#*t you probably dont know... and by the comments wouldnt understand..

I dont think you can call all rap music crap..That is being really narrow minded.. :nono1:

thats about as narrow minded my friends get when they say motor racing is borring.. "they just go around in a circle"

What parts and acts do you call crap.. that represent Rap / hip hop in your mind?

Is it the Lyrics?

The Production Work?

the image ?

there are alot of layers to take away...

do you want me to go on...because i can .... HaHa Ha..

:lol: Well I like rap. Actually it's relevant to the HDI thread because some of the best rappers are Muslim. In fact I think these guys are some of the best public figures and role models to show a decent side to the Islamic faith. (Before you say it, their lyrics and lives are nothing like Eminem's) Rappers like Lupe Fiasco, Mos Def, most of the group Jurassic Five etc are Muslims. Various offshoots of Islam are followed by other rappers like Rakim.

Here's a nice song by Lupe Fiasco about his faith.

I don't know if you think they (the muslim rappers) make for good role models, but that is not the case for at least the ones I know of. Rakim - of Eric B and Rakim fame - is/was a crack junkie. Brand Nubian turned out to be not so Brand afterall. And the last time Jurassic 5 was in Sydney I was invited to their afterparty and they where drunk and stoned of their faces, only the drummer (the same guy who plays the drums for the Roots) was able to play his set. The rest of them where just floating around the place, hanging at the bar driveling.

Besides, there is a world of difference between 80's to early 90's hip hop and the garbage that gets released today. IMHO the only proper artists to have been released in the 00's are Majesticons, Mike Ladd , Anti-pop Consortium, Wiley, and Dizzy Rascal. I had a listen to Mos Def's 'album the new danger' as my girlfriend got it for her birthday from her brother some years back and we acually fell asleep. It has not been played here since. Even hip hop from the mid ninetees is much cleverer and have better productions than the sell-out weak shiit that gets released these days.

The current quality (or that from 96-97 onwards) is nothing but sad, and I can understand why anyone whom havent heard anything but that garbage have a negative sentiment towards hip-hop. Tupak (although he is dead he still manages to release albums), Eminem, Puff Daddy, Ludacris (from Kriss Cross fame), G-Unit, 50-Cent, Nelly, Usher, Black Eyed Peas, and their ilk should be banned, thrown into a black dungeon (preferrably somewhere in Romania) and never be released so that the world would be speard from their constant neusance.

No. I''ll label my insults from now on. For example IF I called you a c#ckmonkey, I'll write (insult) in brackets. ie. "YOU F*CKIN c#ckMONKEY" (insult). etc. For now though, I'll stick to my insult-free posts.

:roll::worshippy::lolroll::harhar::rofl::thbup:

That gora can kiss my chaddis

Who the fuk gives a rats a$$ about rap and hip hop? what a fuking waste :mf_tongue:

I don't mind hip hop on the following conditions

1. I don't have to listen to it

2. I don't have to see it

3. It is not defined as a form of music

hip hop rap stuff....no music for me...

this record is "black" enough for everyone in the world

200px-BackBlackCover.jpg

Now thats music !

It was cold, on the middle of the railroad track...

and there was no, no turning back..... (THUNDER)!!!!!!

- For those about to rock, we salute you !

Ulrick, my patience is starting to run out with you.... you are deliberately trying to cause s##t againts indians and muslims in every thread. Your post are most demeaning, I'm very disappointted as I stood up for you in the beginning, stop this bulls##t please!!!!

Typo !!!

That should be Ulprick

Do you even know what melanin is? And if so, you surely must have misunderstood its purpose. An Indian has an overrepresentation of melanin, while an albino could do with some of the copius amounts of melanin the Indian has.

So what does Indian rappers call each other when they throw down? I'm absolutely dying to know.

Actually I don't think that they call each other anything. Most of the songs will be calling the goras to kiss their chaddi's or calling them saala behenchod or saala maadarchod or kutte ki awlad or something l@*it ike that, in their own languages of course.

:roll: Now DIE you @u$!%# !!! :laughing::roll::rofl:

Now thats music !

It was cold, on the middle of the railroad track...

and there was no, no turning back..... (THUNDER)!!!!!!

- For those about to rock, we salute you !

Back in Black is one of my favourites of AC/DC's.

Are there any Indian hip hop acts you know of?

No one in India does any hip-hop act. In fact,any musician/singer from India struggles to get past single digits in sales.

No one in India does any hip-hop act. In fact,any musician/singer from India struggles to get past single digits in sales.

I find that hard to believe. There is a massive domestic market for Indian films (I think Bollywood racks up some 800 per year), and my uncles wife only listens to Indian music. Not that its up my alley. Besides, there are a least two record stores in Oslo alone only selling Indian music and films. You must have artists selling millions, the only problem is that much of it can be illegal copies.

I find that hard to believe. There is a massive domestic market for Indian films (I think Bollywood racks up some 800 per year), and my uncles wife only listens to Indian music. Not that its up my alley. Besides, there are a least two record stores in Oslo alone only selling Indian music and films. You must have artists selling millions, the only problem is that much of it can be illegal copies.

Popularity is one thing . Sales is another. Indians are notorious for downloading illegal mp3s from sites like...well forget it.

Popularity is one thing . Sales is another. Indians are notorious for downloading illegal mp3s from sites like...well forget it.

I still find that hard to believe. Are you saying that there are no records stores in India (excluding those selling pirete copies)?

I still find that hard to believe. Are you saying that there are no records stores in India (excluding those selling pirete copies)?

I said Indians don't even buy pirated music. They download it for free from sites like..well, I can't name any site here. As for your question,there are plenty of music stores stocking the latest international songs.

From what I have seen local music is usually bought, it is international music that ends up being pirated. Local music and movies are not that expensive anyway..

From what I have seen local music is usually bought, it is international music that ends up being pirated. Local music and movies are not that expensive anyway..

Makes sense. If a recording artist charges the same for a CD in India as he does in let say Australia, the US or Europe it will, due to the gap in average income it will be the same as prices being increased tenfold. I know I would download music if they charged $200 for a CD.

And the problem is they do. I don't know how it is now, but I remember when CDs were 4 times the price of an audio cassette - ****ing crazy, as if it costs more to produce a CD. Books are cheaper, but music, movies, games etc. aren't.

And the problem is they do. I don't know how it is now, but I remember when CDs were 4 times the price of an audio cassette - ****ing crazy, as if it costs more to produce a CD. Books are cheaper, but music, movies, games etc. aren't.

Then they deserve to have their music/games/movies pirated. Christ, I even read somewhere that the new xbox 360 games sells for as much as $120 in Sydney (I don't play so I'm all on hearsay) but that would be an accumulated $1200 in India. Not ****ing fair. At the same time thay scream over copyright issues? If they can't lower their prices on the latest consol/pc game they could sell the older generation for much less. How much does it cost to produce a cd/game, 10 cents? Ok, if they sell it for $5 in India they still make a handsome profit if they can get retailers to pay them $2.50.

Then they deserve to have their music/games/movies pirated. Christ, I even read somewhere that the new xbox 360 games sells for as much as $120 in Sydney (I don't play so I'm all on hearsay) but that would be an accumulated $1200 in India. Not ****ing fair. At the same time thay scream over copyright issues? If they can't lower their prices on the latest consol/pc game they could sell the older generation for much less. How much does it cost to produce a cd/game, 10 cents? Ok, if they sell it for $5 in India they still make a handsome profit if they can get retailers to pay them $2.50.

An XBOX game retails at USD 45 in India and a console at around 515 USD to 580 USD depending where you buy it.

Well yes but they aren't even available legally. No problem with games, but buying a console that way is dodgy - no guarantees.

Well yes but they aren't even available legally. No problem with games, but buying a console that way is dodgy - no guarantees.
:blink: are u crazu xbox 360 is available "LEGALLY" for 18000 rupees....

They have been launched, I confirm, ICICI Bank even has an instalment scheme for them, if you have in ICICI credit card