Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Rappers

From what I have seen local music is usually bought, it is international music that ends up being pirated. Local music and movies are not that expensive anyway..

yyyep!

They have been launched, I confirm, ICICI Bank even has an instalment scheme for them, if you have in ICICI credit card

:rolleyes: reealy??? :wacko:

I understand, quite unequivocally, that they all call each other Gunga Din. So now you know.

Thats just super, but it is uncomprehensible to anyone whom does not speak any form of the Indian language. What is the meaning (if it is directly translatable that is)?

Thats just super, but it is uncomprehensible to anyone whom does not speak any form of the Indian language. What is the meaning (if it is directly translatable that is)?

:blink:

Quite obviously it means 'my dear fellow brown Indian rapper' though you may interpret it as 'my dear fellow mostly darker than most Africans fellow Indian rapper'.

:blink:

Quite obviously it means 'my dear fellow brown Indian rapper' though you may interpret it as 'my dear fellow mostly darker than most Africans fellow Indian rapper'.

Its apparently a quote from a Kipling poem where Gunga Din is the anti hero and his master admits he is the better man, or something to that extent. It is also a term/racial slur used by Americans to describe anyone with an South-Asian heitage.

Its apparently a quote from a Kipling poem where Gunga Din is the anti hero and his master admits he is the better man, or something to that extent. It is also a term/racial slur used by Americans to describe anyone with an South-Asian heitage.

you are full of $hit mate :nono1:

Here in the UK the term Gunga Din was routinely used to describe Indians. It was a long time ago (but recent enough that i can remember it) and has faded from use. It was not used in a derogatory way, although I suppose it may have caused some offence. I still have the record on a 78: Gunga Din, Gunga Din, Gunga Diiiiiin, You're a better man than I am Gunga Din!! Johnny Duncan and the Blue grass boys (1961). So I hope that clears things up.

Here in the UK the term Gunga Din was routinely used to describe Indians. It was a long time ago (but recent enough that i can remember it) and has faded from use. It was not used in a derogatory way, although I suppose it may have caused some offence. I still have the record on a 78: Gunga Din, Gunga Din, Gunga Diiiiiin, You're a better man than I am Gunga Din!! Johnny Duncan and the Blue grass boys (1961). So I hope that clears things up.

Confirmed

Wiki it Bruce and you'll get the expelenation. It was news to me as well.

Fuk Wiki! I'm telling you, maybe in the long past but not now.........

Just wondering if we can stick to topics?

i am getting jack of the threads turning into race arguments..

it's really starting to S#*t m off..

i am wondering if people can be a little more diligent..

it is starting to get annoying..

thats my whinge!!!

there are a couple of old sayings

if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything...

&

two wrongs dont make a right..

Dunno.

Indeed...................

Fuk Wiki! I'm telling you, maybe in the long past but not now.........

I gotta chime in here. Bruce is 100% correct. I don't ever recall, in my 36 years of being an American, the term Gunga Din being used as a racist remark against Indians. Perhaps in isolated places that is true, but it isn't widespread. In this case, Wiki is wrong to attribute it to America.

I gotta chime in here. Bruce is 100% correct. I don't ever recall, in my 36 years of being an American, the term Gunga Din being used as a racist remark against Indians. Perhaps in isolated places that is true, but it isn't widespread. In this case, Wiki is wrong to attribute it to America.
not only that , imo compared to Europe America is far far better in treating "Indians"....

Competence over inheritence is a motto the American corporations can be proud of ( i underline,"COMPARED TO EUROPE", which means the situation may not be perfect but certainly better "TODAY" compared to other parts )