Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ctrl300

Alonso's First Outing With Mclaren

Agree, any test would have to be a major advantage to the McLaren engineers. This one test will just confirm that McLaren are definately heading in the right / wrong direction with the 07 chassis. Something that if they discovered in January could be a little late to make & test the changes needed come March.

I wonder why it is that Ferrari never asked McLaren for an early release for Kimi :eusa_think:

I just read today that Ferrari did ask McLaren for an early release, but McLaren refused :lol: The quote was something like 'the relationship between McLaren and Renault is better than the relationship between Ferrari and McLaren'. Hilarious. I don't think Kimi would be much help to Ferrari in the same way Alonso was, so it probably won't hurt Ferrari.

On that note, I find it interesting that the Ferrari suffered an engine failure in the latest test.....how the hell am I going to be justified in saying Kimi breaks his cars if they start breaking before he even gets in them???!!??? ;)

I just read today that Ferrari did ask McLaren for an early release, but McLaren refused :lol: The quote was something like 'the relationship between McLaren and Renault is better than the relationship between Ferrari and McLaren'. Hilarious. I don't think Kimi would be much help to Ferrari in the same way Alonso was, so it probably won't hurt Ferrari.

On that note, I find it interesting that the Ferrari suffered an engine failure in the latest test.....how the hell am I going to be justified in saying Kimi breaks his cars if they start breaking before he even gets in them???!!??? ;)

You can say he breaks cars by just signing to that team! :naughty:

Now that's impressive!

just wanted to say two things about this:

first, since the team will be developing the car right up until january 15th it was very important for them to get alonso in the car before then. since as we all know, alonso has a more unique driving style, they absolutely needed to know if alonso was comfortable with the car or if drastic changes needed to be made. the test wasnt meant to just show off alonso in a mclaren, it was for the team to gather data to make changes if they were necessary. lets face it, there is a month between that test and the next test and without having to race, the team can do a lot of development work on the car so it only made sense that they wanted their main and new driver to test it out to see if changes needed to be made. anything comparing alonso's early test to kimi's lack of a test has no bearing on the situation as mclaren's decision to put alonso in the car has nothing to do with kimi or ferrari.

second, u are all missing one important thing about ron dennis denying kimi's ferrari test. i remember earlier in an article (i'm not going to bother looking thru months of interviews to find it again) that either he, norbert or martin said that if alonso was released to test for mclaren, then they would be inclined to release kimi to test for ferrari. and when ferrari asked mclaren to release kimi, alonso still had no tested for mclaren so mclaren and ron dennis said no to ferrari's request. given the fact that alonso's test only came about and was finalized on the second last day of testing and he only got to test the last day, it's understandable that kimi didnt test the ferrari. cuz the deal with alonso took a whole day to work out. mclaren would not have time to work out a deal with ferrari. plus it was rumoured that mclaren had to pay for that test so i dont see why ppl criticized ron for denying ferrari's request. the timing and the circumstances surrounding the situation was all off so he had no reason to grant his consent. plus kimi never asked for it, unlike alonso. renault denied mclaren just like mclaren denied ferrari. only when alonso ask did flavio finally agree and not without a hefty price tag. rumoured 2.6mil for 1 test/95 laps is crazy. but then again mclaren has so many sponsors now with the only world champion on the grid and the first black person to RACE (not drive, as williams tested a black driver before) in f1.

just wanted to say two things about this:

first, since the team will be developing the car right up until january 15th it was very important for them to get alonso in the car before then. since as we all know, alonso has a more unique driving style, they absolutely needed to know if alonso was comfortable with the car or if drastic changes needed to be made. the test wasnt meant to just show off alonso in a mclaren, it was for the team to gather data to make changes if they were necessary. lets face it, there is a month between that test and the next test and without having to race, the team can do a lot of development work on the car so it only made sense that they wanted their main and new driver to test it out to see if changes needed to be made. anything comparing alonso's early test to kimi's lack of a test has no bearing on the situation as mclaren's decision to put alonso in the car has nothing to do with kimi or ferrari.

second, u are all missing one important thing about ron dennis denying kimi's ferrari test. i remember earlier in an article (i'm not going to bother looking thru months of interviews to find it again) that either he, norbert or martin said that if alonso was released to test for mclaren, then they would be inclined to release kimi to test for ferrari. and when ferrari asked mclaren to release kimi, alonso still had no tested for mclaren so mclaren and ron dennis said no to ferrari's request. given the fact that alonso's test only came about and was finalized on the second last day of testing and he only got to test the last day, it's understandable that kimi didnt test the ferrari. cuz the deal with alonso took a whole day to work out. mclaren would not have time to work out a deal with ferrari. plus it was rumoured that mclaren had to pay for that test so i dont see why ppl criticized ron for denying ferrari's request. the timing and the circumstances surrounding the situation was all off so he had no reason to grant his consent. plus kimi never asked for it, unlike alonso. renault denied mclaren just like mclaren denied ferrari. only when alonso ask did flavio finally agree and not without a hefty price tag. rumoured 2.6mil for 1 test/95 laps is crazy. but then again mclaren has so many sponsors now with the only world champion on the grid and the first black person to RACE (not drive, as williams tested a black driver before) in f1.

Could not agree moe.

Only one thing. There has been persons of colour racing before him, most notably the Japanese drivers, Yooung, and Narain. Compared to Lewis Narain is twice as black. The thing that makes Lewis 'special' is that he is the first with African decent to race. That being said, it is not entirely true as the whole of southern Italy and Spain was more or less occupied at some stage by north Africans, so there is probably more African blood in many of the Italian drivers of the past than there is in Lewis.

. Compared to Lewis Narain is twice as black.
all this unwaranted crap in an Alonso thread makes me believe what the others have always been saying,

that you are a racist Prick who needs to be shown the door ....

all this unwaranted crap in an Alonso thread makes me believe what the others have always been saying that you are a racist Prick who needs to be shown the door ....

what the hell did Ctrl300 say wrong????? Don't be so narrowminded dude, he's just stating the obvious....

what the hell did Ctrl300 say wrong????? Don't be so narrowminded dude, he's just stating the obvious....
i have been extremely patient with him,but quite frankly,his insistence of bringing "INDIA/INDIANS" in every topic is quite stupid .

and it is ironic coming from you ,coz you had a problem with the "Rappers" thread ....

i have been extremely patient with him,but quite frankly,his insistence of bringing "INDIA/INDIANS" in every topic is quite stupid .

and it is ironic coming from you ,coz you had a problem with the "Rappers" thread ....

he did'nt mean anything by it this time....

anyway, I'm just sick of these racist accusations in every thread, it never stopps, did'nt mean to shout at you narain fan....

I'm not Indian, but a person of colour, I will not get involved anymore.....

all this unwaranted crap in an Alonso thread makes me believe what the others have always been saying,

What? Someone brought up the 'fact' that Lewis is the first black driver, when that is not true. He may be the first with a clear African heritage, but in all fairness, the first black driver was Narain. Still, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Its not like Lewis has come from a poor family in Uganda. He has been under Mclarens wing since he was 10 or something, thus making his race/colour/background/family struggle/heroics utterly irrelevant.

Narain has darker skin but he's not black. 'black' is a race, not literally describing the colour of one's skin. Hamilton is 100% british anyway so I agree that it doesnt really matter that he's black, not really significant. With Narain it was a bit more significant cos F1 had never had any drivers from India

What? Someone brought up the 'fact' that Lewis is the first black driver, when that is not true. He may be the first with a clear African heritage, but in all fairness, the first black driver was Narain. Still, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Its not like Lewis has come from a poor family in Uganda. He has been under Mclarens wing since he was 10 or something, thus making his race/colour/background/family struggle/heroics utterly irrelevant.

coloured falls under black Jem, I suppose Indian too. I'm of a race that so-called coloured, because we don't have a clear description, and no matter how fair a coloured may seem, we fall under black. It's either black or white....BUT

If you wanna look at it further, there's neither black or white either, it's all misconception. We're all one, scientist are too scared nowadays to classify people in terms of the word race, because we're all too closely alike. The difference in the characteristics of say, a broader nose of a black man is like 0.03%...nothin! It's also proven that the bloodtype of certain black people is more closely related to that of a white person than another white person, I hope that makes sense. What we are arguing about in every thread is rather insignificant, don't you guys think?

anyway, Narain_fan, i understood what Ctrl300 said the first time with the copy I bolded.....

coloured falls under black Jem, I suppose Indian too. I'm of a race that so-called coloured, because we don't have a clear description, and no matter how fair a coloured may seem, we fall under black. It's either black or white....BUT
:blink: are you from mars ....

as Jay would say, everything is not just Black and white ...(Pun,ofcourse. )

Our stupid norwegian doesnt seem to have any knowledge of "Drivers".

narain is by no way the "First Black driver ..."

:blink: are you from mars ....

as Jay would say, everything is not just Black and white ...(Pun,ofcourse. )

Our stupid norwegian doesnt seem to have any knowledge of "Drivers".

narain is by no way the "First Black driver ..."

I'm from planet earth, and you?

Who by definition is your first black driver?

nah! he is not a racist, but just a retarded guy from norway! don't bother.

some of his posts on f1 may be brilliant, especially the allan and senna comparison, but his politics debates are clearly insane and full of bulls##t and aimed just to provoke unwanted arguments.

just put him in your ignore list as myself and mock already are doing. i wonder what took you so long to conclude he is a PRICK!!!!!! :P

I'm from planet earth, and you?

Who by definition is your first black driver?

Marte,

This has become borderline stupid. One can clasify an Italian driver as light brown, an English driver as pink, and an Finnish driver as albino. I could not care less. The thing with my point is that Narain is "darker" than Lewis, hence the term the first "black" driver is meaningless. Lets just enoy his achievements, and forget about whos darker than whom. But as far as I am concerned Narian was the first "black" driver in F1.

[quote name='Autumnpuma' post='162458' date='Dec 18 2006, 08:42 AM']I'm not sure what the reasoning behind this is. Reports I've read say that it's to get Alonso acclimated to the McLaren/Bridgestone package ahead of Kimi. This doesn't wash with me simply because at the end of winter testing next year, I would expect both drivers to be comfortable with their cars. In a sense it would all equal out. The only advantage would be during Kimi's first session. Maybe this is a team morale booster?[/quote]
don't forget, that Kimi is the fastest guy to adapt to new car, or new track.
It takes Alonso a little more than one test session to get benefit ahead of Kimi...

don't forget, that Kimi is the fastest guy to adapt to new car, or new track.

It takes Alonso a little more than one test session to get benefit ahead of Kimi...

If you are sincere with both your sentences you have managed to write more bullsiiit in one post thatn mock would in a lifetime. Feel proud.

If you are sincere with both your sentences you have managed to write more bullsiiit in one post thatn mock would in a lifetime. Feel proud.

It's only his opinion, and like a##holes, every internet forum has them.

:o

Because he is and a**hole...I didn't mean it as an attack to Indians!

Maybe I better delete it because it may lead to confusion.

Because he is and a**hole...I didn't mean it as an attack to Indians!

Maybe I better delete it because it may lead to confusion.

I'll edit your quote in my post aswell mate :D

Because your a good guy :D