Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dark rider 13

How Do U Talk 2 Girls

Who said anything about oppressing women?

Anyway the middle eastern outlook on women is only as extreme as the western one relative to the world norm. Did you know that it is only in a few western countries (like the UK, US, Canada, etc), which make up a relatively small proportion of the world's population, that women are considered first among equals? You should travel more.

Treating women like sex objects is about as good as oppressing them. And how is having equal rights for all extreme?

Treating women like sex objects is about as good as oppressing them. And how is having equal rights for all extreme?

My wife treats me like a sex object, I don't feel oppressed :naughty:

...........and she likes it when i come home all sweaty and stinky and throw her on the bed/floor/couch or wherever for a quickie. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

WTF?????? :blink:

Can you just figure out that, 1000 wives, I am sure that he didn't know the names of all of them, being with one a day, he would be for almost three year with a different wives every day, Salomon was king and they had men to take care of all their wives but they didn't have their sexual part, they were called eunuchs that was the only way the kings had to make sure that non of them will have sex with their wives, even when the king wouldn't have the time to satisfy them all, probably they used to do this because they knew that their wives would be in the natural need someday.

Mathews 19

12For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage[c]because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

I just can imaging me in that situation today with a least 800 of them working an giving me their paycheck, I think I wouldn't have time for them with all the accounting I would have to do. :eusa_think:

Treating women like sex objects is about as good as oppressing them.

How so?

And how is having equal rights for all extreme?

I would love for men to have equal rights in North America but we don't...

Can you just figure out that, 1000 wives, I am sure that he didn't know the names of all of them, being with one a day, he would be for almost three year with a different wives every day, Salomon was king and they had men to take care of all their wives but they didn't have their sexual part, they were called eunuchs that was the only way the kings had to make sure that non of them will have sex with their wives, even when the king wouldn't have the time to satisfy them all, probably they used to do this because they knew that their wives would be in the natural need someday.

Mathews 19

12For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage[c]because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

I just can imaging me in that situation today with a least 800 of them working an giving me their paycheck, I think I wouldn't have time for them with all the accounting I would have to do. :eusa_think:

Do you believe what you read in the bible?

All i can say is i am glad i have never considered you a friend. You sound like you belong in Arabia or one of those other countries where they oppress women and treat them like slaves. Chauvanism is not a trait to be proud of.

shane, got nothing against you, but actually, most of the women in arab countries live a better life when compared to the rest of the world, as dan says, if u have travelled a little more you will understand what i am trying to say, it is just that they are not being given the social rights, other than in countries like iran and afganistan, women do hold the house hold powers.if their husband doesnt treat them well, they can voice their concern and see that he doesnt repeat his antics. the marrage system in those countries are different from countries like india, that is the bride's family doesnt have to pay anything to the groom, it is just the reverse and these men have to meet their demands before they get married (like an extra apparment to rent it out to the asian workers for a steady income). there is no trafficing of women, there is no exploitations like in countries like (am ashamed to say) india, thailand etc etc....

however, i am all against treating women as slaves. if anyone who has fallen in love with a girl, would know their true value, and feel the magic even when just thinking about the one whom he is in love with.

shane, got nothing against you, but actually, most of the women in arab countries live a better life when compared to the rest of the world, as dan says, if u have travelled a little more you will understand what i am trying to say, it is just that they are not being given the social rights, other than in countries like iran and afganistan, women do hold the house hold powers.if their husband doesnt treat them well, they can voice their concern and see that he doesnt repeat his antics. the marrage system in those countries are different from countries like india, that is the bride's family doesnt have to pay anything to the groom, it is just the reverse and these men have to meet their demands before they get married (like an extra apparment to rent it out to the asian workers for a steady income). there is no trafficing of women, there is no exploitations like in countries like (am ashamed to say) india, thailand etc etc....

however, i am all against treating women as slaves. if anyone who has fallen in love with a girl, would know their true value, and feel the magic even when just thinking about the one whom he is in love with.

Pretty good answer, :clap3: I didn't know about women in Arab countries living a better life, but is good to hear that, Women are just special and we should be talking good care of all of them.

1 Peter 3

7If you are a husband, you should be thoughtful of your wife. Treat her with honor, because she isn't as strong as you are, and she shares with you in the gift of life. Then nothing will stand in the way of your prayers.

Do you believe what you read in the bible?

I absolutely do, I used to be an Atheist and now a Praise the Lord Jesuschrist because I've seen his power, his miracles, his authority so I don't have any reason to doubt about the bible and you should believe it too.

I hope that this thread has been very useful to young Dark Rider 13 in his halting attempts to get into the knickers of the one he has his eye on. I have some doubt about it though.

I think the best he can do is show this thread to her and then ask her what does she think is the best idea.

I think the best he can do is show this thread to her and then ask her what does she think is the best idea.

Why? Does he want to get rid of her now ?? :lol:

dark rider would get a :kiss::specool:

the only thing I don't like about women is the mestrual period but there's nothing I can do about that,

That is possibly worse than anythign bajo said..

1 Kings 11

Solomon Disobeys the LORD

1-2The LORD did not want the Israelites to worship foreign gods, so he had warned them not to marry anyone who was not from Israel.

Solomon loved his wife, the daughter of the king of Egypt. But he also loved some women from Moab, Ammon, and Edom, and others from Sidon and the land of the Hittites. 3-4Seven hundred of his wives were daughters of kings, but he also married three hundred other women.

You never see the best looking woman, you can see one that you think is the best one and then a better one apears, teh thing is that they are all different, even twins are different.

No. When it is done in a setting where there is a legal issue, then there is a problem. Between consenting adults, who cares. Theer are plenty of women of the kind that bajo prefers, and it's his life.

Did I just defend bajo :blink:

shane, got nothing against you, but actually, most of the women in arab countries live a better life when compared to the rest of the world

Umm no. Many of those countries have vile primitive stone age laws and customs. That is a very hollow claim to make. Women should be free to live the lives they want, let them decide what they think is a better life.

it is just that they are not being given the social rights, other than in countries like iran and afganistan, women do hold the house hold powers.

No.

if their husband doesnt treat them well, they can voice their concern and see that he doesnt repeat his antics.

No they can't. Pakistan recently overturned a rape law, where a woman had to produce 6 male witnesses to prove a rape :wacko: I am sure Iran, Saudi Arabia and their ilk still have those laws. In fact (and the last thing I want is to be called anti Muslim) but the divorce law in the Indian Muslim Personal Code is a travesty against justice and all human values.

The right to equality under law and the right to not be discriminated against is a basic human principle, any country that does not follow it should be ashamed.

(That said there are countries in that ergion with far more liberal laws, so the generalisation doesn't work, of course.)

the marrage system in those countries are different from countries like india, that is the bride's family doesnt have to pay anything to the groom

Brides ;) Don't know, the other laws are so barbaric as to make that rather academic.
there is no trafficing of women,

Plenty, though from other countries usually.

there is no exploitations like in countries like (am ashamed to say) india, thailand etc etc....

Rubbish.They just can't speak about it.

Did I jsut agree with Shane :blink::blink::wacko::wacko:

PS: From my limited knowledge, women in places like UAE, Lebanon etc. have many more rights.

PPS: Iran was once one of the most liberal countries in the middle east :(

Yes it looks like you did :lol: and you voiced what i think pretty well. Women in islamist countries can still get stoned to death for being raped, and that is inhuman in any language.

Yeah, because of the stupid, outdated islamic laws about sex outside of marrige. Men in muslim countries can also be hanged for being gay.

no cav! in saudi you dare rape a woman, as i told you it is just that they are not given the social powers, if a woman gets raped in saudi, the criminal can start counting hours, not days. thats why many of the arabs flock to india to satisfy their carnal desires! :mf_tongue:

yep, you are right, arab women cant be touched, but many girls are being trafficked to arab nations (and kindly returned to mumbai) are essentially from asian countries.

yea, they cant get their veil off, but do you know? most of them are happy with it, you may not agree with me, but this is what my friends (NRIs) say!

the money which may come as an income as rent goes directly to the wife, not husband.

pakistan is desperately trying to become something like saudi and it can never become one! its all show. there is one side of extremists, and there is another side of people who pretend to be very pious. however, i dont consider pakistan as an arab state.

actually cav, muslim laws are very simple, it is just that there are people who manipulate them and use it according to their situation! i dont call you an antimuslim i swear! because i myself as a muslim never understood anything until i looked closer, the truth is that i am ashamed of some muslims (like terrorists and people who mistreat their ladies) but i am so proud of this religion, just as a christian/jew/hindu or budhist would be proud of his religion. todays blunders and crimes committed by muslims can never be blamed on the religion! gnite guys!

no cav! in saudi you dare rape a woman, as i told you it is just that they are not given the social powers, if a woman gets raped in saudi, the criminal can start counting hours, not days. thats why many of the arabs flock to india to satisfy their carnal desires! :mf_tongue:

And if she dares drive/ step out o the house alone/ without being covered from head to foot, the same applies.

yea, they cant get their veil off, but do you know? most of them are happy with it, you may not agree with me, but this is what my friends (NRIs) say!
Taht is a bad and very shaky argument, it is the same one used by slavers and by colonialists for generations - the slaves wouldn't know what to do if they're not slaves, the Indians won't be able to rule their own country etc. Your friends are wrong, they can choose to do what they want but they should be free to make that choice. Brainwashing and isolation from the erst of the world plays a role of course, and the few women activists in the conservative middle east face a very hard time, laetr I'll post something about them.
pakistan is desperately trying to become something like saudi and it can never become one! its all show. there is one side of extremists, and there is another side of people who pretend to be very pious. however, i dont consider pakistan as an arab state.

It isn't an Arab state by the very definition of course, however radical Islamists have gained al ot of ground there (the don't watch movies or dance or music and grow long beards variety), as much as I despise Musharraf it is scary to imagine what could replace him.

actually cav, muslim laws are very simple, it is just that there are people who manipulate them and use it according to their situation! i dont call you an antimuslim i swear! because i myself as a muslim never understood anything until i looked closer, the truth is that i am ashamed of some muslims (like terrorists and people who mistreat their ladies) but i am so proud of this religion, just as a christian/jew/hindu or budhist would be proud of his religion. todays blunders and crimes committed by muslims can never be blamed on the religion! gnite guys!

Separation of religion and state - I don't mind whatever laws people want to follow for themselves, as long as they do not violate the country's laws - which should be the same fro everyone. India's legal system is sterange that way. Mind you, it could be a lot worse. A couple wanting to not have their marriage governed by legal codes based on their religion can choose not to under a special law, and of course criminal laws are the same. It is high time we had a uniform civil code though, with equal rights for women in terms of property, marriage, inheritance etc.

Actually, laws about Apostacy, Rape, and Being gay (all punishable by death) are very much a fault of the religion, as Sharia is based on what is in the Koran, and i dont care whether you are a proud muslim or not, putting people to death for those kinda things (in the case of rape the person being put to death being the victim!) is absolutely dispiccable and barbaric.

I think that generally you can have different interpretations of Islam, like most other religions. I'd be interested in what Abbas or some other intelligent Muslim has to say about a more moderate interpretation of their religion.

Thats not my interpretation, men really have been hanged for being gay under sharia, in iraq i think :P

Yeah but that's perhaps only one interpretation of the religion. I'd like very much to know what the moderate Muslims have to say on it, because they aren't vocal enough generally. Even relatively moderate Muslims in the UK like the Muslim Council of Britain are anti-gay sex, although I think they draw the line a long way short of hanging people. However apparently there are a few pro-gay Muslim groups like Al-Fatiha. Wiki has an article about Islam and homosexuality. You are right though in that mainstream Islam ranges from moderately to virulently homophobic. Nevertheless there is clearly the beginning of a more tolerant movement, which I think will surely gather strength over the next decades. Turkey apparently has offered protection in law to gay people.

Yeah, turkey is partly civilised, its countries like Saudi, Iran, and Iraq that worry me lol. And yes you are right, some muslims are tolerant, but the problem is theyre generally not the muslims in power in their countries. Something really does need to be done to modernise Islamic Law