Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

Autosport Top 50 Drivers Of 2006

AutoSport's 2006 Top 50 Drivers

50 Rinaldo Capello - 1st in ALMS, 3rd in Le Mans, 1st in Sebring and Petit Le Mans

49 Benoit Treluyer - 1st in Formula Nippon, 8th in Super GT

48 Augusto Farfus - 3rd in WTCC

47 Jorg Bergmeister - 1st in Grand-Am, 1st in ALMS (GT2), 1st in Petit Le Mans (GT2)

46 Bernd Schneider - 1st in DTM

45 Tom Kristensen - 3rd in DTM, 3rd in Le Mans, 1st in Sebring

44 Tonio Liuzzi - 19th in F1

43 Bruno Spengler - 2nd in DTM

42 Matt Kenseth - 2nd in Nextel Cup, 2nd in IROC

41 Sebastian Vettel - 2th in F3 Euroseries, 13 in Renault World Series

40 Paul di Resta - 1st in F3 Euroseries, 1st in BP Masters

39 Dani Sordo - 4th in WRC

38 Nico Rosberg - 17th in F1

37 Alex Premat - 3rd in GP2, 1st in A1GP

36 Takuma Sato - 23rd in F1

35 Tony Stewart - 11th in Nextel Cup, 1st in IROC

34 Marco Andretti - 7th in IRL, 2nd in Indy 500

33 Emmanuel Collard - 1st in LMS, 5th in Le Mans, 1st in Petit Le Mans, 7th in FIA GT2

32 Helio Castroneves - 3rd in IRL

31 Petter Solberg - 6th in WRC

30 Tony Kanaan - 6th in IRL, 5th in Indy 500

29 Jimmie Johnson - 1st in Nextel Cup, 1st in Daytona 500

28 Nelson Piquet Jr - 2nd in GP2, 4th in Le Mans (GT1)

27 Allan McNish - 1st in ALMS, 3rd in Le Mans, 1st in Sebring and Petit Le Mans

26 Justin Wilson - 2nd in Champ Car, 2nd in Daytona 24

25 Pedro de la Rosa - 11th in F1

24 AJ Allmendinger - 3rd in Champ Car, 2nd in Daytona 24

23 Andy Priaulx - 1st in WTCC

22 Juan Pablo Montoya - 8th in F1, 69th in Nextel Cup

21 Ralf Schumacher - 10th in F1

20 David Coulthard - 13th in F1

19 Sam Hornish Jr - 1st in IRL, 1st in Indy 500, 8th in IROC

18 Jacques Villeneuve - 15th in F1

17 Sebastien Bourdais - 1st in Champ Car, 1st in Sebring

16 Dan Wheldon - 2nd in IRL, 1st in Daytona 24, 4th in Indy 500

15 Felipe Massa - 3rd in F1

14 Nick Heidfeld - 9th in F1

13 Scott Dixon - 4th in IRL, 1st in Daytona

12 Robert Kubica - 16th in F1 :o (WTF?)

11 Lewis Hamilton - 1st in GP2

10 Rubens Barrichello - 7th in F1

9 Jarno Trulli - 12th in F1

8 Marcus Gronholm - 2nd in WRC

7 Giancarlo Fisichella - 4th in F1 :o (WTF?)

6 Mark Webber - 14th in F1 :o (WTF?)

5 Jenson Button - 6th in F1

4 Kimi Raikkonen - 5th in F1

3 Sebastien Loeb - 1st in WRC

2 Michael Schumacher - 2nd in F1

1 Fernando Alonso - 1st in F1

-----------------------------------

Personally I think this list is a lot of horse poo. If fisichella was the 7th best driver in the world, then I have no respect for Nos. 8-50. And What the FCUK is Webber doing at 6? and Kubica doing in 12th position ahead of Heidfeld???

Personally I think this list is a lot of horse poo. If fisichella was the 7th best driver in the world, then I have no respect for Nos. 8-50. And What the FCUK is Webber doing at 6? and Kubica doing in 12th position ahead of Heidfeld???

Yea and what is Alonso doing in front of MS???If the standards are not statistical, as they appear to NOT be, then it's another strange list, the kind we often see!

EDIT: Dont give me the "'Nando is the champion" ...stuff.The ranking obviously didn't matter!Not that I care anyway how this list was made!I guess the masses voted.But then again FA was by far NOT the most popular driver in 2006 according to other polls!Nevermind, its the offseason so all is good to keep the conversations going!!!

Yea and what is Alonso doing in front of MS???If the standards are not statistical, as they appear to NOT be, then it's another strange list, the kind we often see!

In 2006 MS did the greatest comeback of all time, a mid season nobody thought that one day he would be leading the WDC like he did, FA did nothing to cause the failure that cost MS the WDC, FA could be the WC but he was not the best driver of 2006, MS is the best driver of 2006 and he probed it in his last race.

What is doing Kimi ahead of Massa, Kimi could be better than Massa but didn't do a better job this year, Massa won two races and Kimi 0, he finished third in the WDC and Kimi 5th, Masa took 80 points and Kimi 65.

*Chants*

Fisichella! Fisichella! Fisichella!

---

Yeah, bit of an odd list but I like the results all the same.

What is doing Kimi ahead of Massa, Kimi could be better than Massa but didn't do a better job this year, Massa won two races and Kimi 0, he finished third in the WDC and Kimi 5th, Masa took 80 points and Kimi 65.

it may have slipped your notice that massa was driving a ferrari and kimi a mclaren. Massa would've won bugger all in a mclaren this year. This list isnt based on who won what, its driver performances over the season.

And a couple more examples of WTF - Andy Priaulx below R Schumacher, JV and Kubica etc???

Mark Webber above Marcus Gronholm???

Seb Bourdais, dominates champcar and is below Rubens/Heidfeld???

Seems like F1 is held in much higher esteem by autosport than all other forms of motorsport

And ykick there arent V8 supercar drivers on there cos you have to face up to the fact that no-one cares ^_^ about aussie V8's sorry

And ykick there arent V8 supercar drivers on there cos you have to face up to the fact that no-one cares ^_^ about aussie V8's sorry

THis list isnt about the most popular racing series but it is more about how well drivers performed. I personally think Rick Kelly (V8 Supercars champion) did alot better this season than F1 drivers like Tonio Liuzzi, Nico Rosberg and Takuma Sato. If DTM drivers are mentioned then i see n reason why V8 Supercar drivers shouldnt rate a mention.

This list of drivers makes no sense, but no list would really.

It's already hard to compare F1 drivers, it's impossible to compare drivers over differend racing series.

65 points against 80 is quite an achievement actually when you compare their cars

Talking of DTM drivers why are they so far down the order??? Was Ralf Schumacher really that much better than Bernd Schneider the 2006 DTM champion?

Talking of DTM drivers why are they so far down the order??? Was Ralf Schumacher really that much better than Bernd Schneider the 2006 DTM champion?

As i was saying if DTM drivers and Nextel Cup drivers deserve a mention on the list then V8 Supercar drivers also deserve a mention.

As i was saying if DTM drivers and Nextel Cup drivers deserve a mention on the list then V8 Supercar drivers also deserve a mention.

Hmm i suppose

im not even questioning y is kubica ahead of nick... but y are mark and jarno???

i actually think they changed places for mark and felipe... theres no other explanation...

im not even questioning y is kubica ahead of nick... but y are mark and jarno???

i actually think they changed places for mark and felipe... theres no other explanation...

Vagabonda, sai'da ki, agora

:mf_tongue:

I don't really agree with the list, but personally Button should be in Kimi's place as he did a much better job this season I think, and this coming from someone who prefers kimi and alonso. Alonso is deservedly number 1, but Truilli, barrichello, fisichella and others are ranked too high also. Thats my two cents worth anyway

I don't really agree with the list, but personally Button should be in Kimi's place as he did a much better job this season I think, and this coming from someone who prefers kimi and alonso. Alonso is deservedly number 1, but Truilli, barrichello, fisichella and others are ranked too high also. Thats my two cents worth anyway

Worth 0.000005c.

Vagabonda, sai'da ki, agora

:mf_tongue:

y dont u act like a man and say it in english so everyone can know yr calling me a b*tch, becaue yr probably a f*cking bast*rd?

I personally think Kubica is better than heidfeld that isn't a mistake. Agree about the point about fisi though

And 18th place seems more than slightly suspect.

Agreed

EDIT: Dont give me the "'Nando is the champion" ...stuff.The ranking obviously didn't matter!Not that I care anyway how this list was made!I guess the masses voted.But then again FA was by far NOT the most popular driver in 2006 according to other polls!Nevermind, its the offseason so all is good to keep the conversations going!!!

This is a best of 2006 list not a best of all time. read the title :rolleyes:

In 2006 MS did the greatest comeback of all time, a mid season nobody thought that one day he would be leading the WDC like he did, FA did nothing to cause the failure that cost MS the WDC, FA could be the WC but he was not the best driver of 2006, MS is the best driver of 2006 and he probed it in his last race.

Hmm im gonna have to disagree there. Michael retired through error in Australia, he dropped points in Monaco entirely through his own stupid actions, and he was generally scruffy in the first half of the season. He was not the best driver in 2006, and the points table does not lie. For the record, that engine failure did not win FA the championship either, in case you are forgetting FA also had one in monza where schumacher took 10 points, so all that did was equalise things, FA would stilll have won the WDC with engine failures taken out of the equation. Your point about massa is also kinda invalid considering he had a vastly superior car to kimi practically all season.

Just painted yourself into a corner with that, MS did nothing exceptional it was the FIA banning the damper, throwing bulls##t penaltys and Bridgestone making a better tyre that made the Ferrari car superior and MS just drove it like always. Massa being more then a match for him in his debut season proves this, Schumacher is nothing without a superior car when against top drivers like Mika and Alonso.

If you really cant believe that then why wasent MS doing such an exceptional thing from the start? Alonso always driver's for maximium so whay didnt MS at the start of the year? Clearly MS isent a real racer in this situation.

Take your pick at which you think happened.

It would be interesting to see if he could have made the comeback if all teams had bridgestone tyres thats for sure.

Far more apt for these quarters would be for everyone to list their top ten TF1 users. Bound to cause controversy and maybe start a few wonderful friendships........