Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

What Are You Doing For Christmas?

Just wondering how you all celebrate xmas, seeing as we have members from all around the globe.

Like every year so far since I was born, I'll be at my parents eating my mums perfectly-cooked roast turkey, potatoes etc, and I shall eat my annual sprout, then watch TV as there's always some film on, and of course the xmas day Eastenders!

Happy? :(

I am working, and then there is some silly christmas party at work, and we have a project to finish off, I'll be working till 9pm next week and perhaps the weekend too :(

(sorry just needed to let it out) :)

Just wondering how you all celebrate xmas, seeing as we have members from all around the globe.

Like every year so far since I was born, I'll be at my parents eating my mums perfectly-cooked roast turkey, potatoes etc, and I shall eat my annual sprout, then watch TV as there's always some film on, and of course the xmas day Eastenders!

Spending it with family................sigh......I wish we still got Eastenders..............sigh.................

Get up. Full english. Stroll. Round to parents house. Greetings and booze. Round to sisters house. Greetings. To pub with sister. Booze. Meet friends in pub. Greetings and booze. Back home. EAT! Booze. Snore. And that's that.

Cav, you have my sympathies as does anyone having to work through the holiday. My girlfriend is working in theatre this Xmas and some inconsiderate fool is bound to fall through a window or smash up his car on Xmas eve. Very festive.

Bless the nurses for being there :clap3::clap3::clap3: very noble indeed......................

Go to bed the night before extremely well pickled having thrown a party for friends and family, a kind of open house dribbler drop in, if you please. Be woken at aprroximately 4 am by my wife who still insists on acting like she's five years old. She will be in good spirits because unlike me, the night before she will have knowbn when to stop drinking. I will make discontent walrus noises until she gets the hint and goes back to sleep, in a huff.

At 4.10 am, we will open presents.

At 5am if i have bought her the right stuff and my annual attentiveness score is high enough we will burn calories.

At 7.30 am i will cook a breakfast for us both that will make a Cardiologist tutt.

At 9am we will visit my parents.

At 11am we will visit her parents. That's where we'll stay until well past midnight at which point we will either leave or be asked to leave.

Getting up way too early to watch the kids make a mess of the living room. Then a few hours' fight with the damned plastic blister wrappings they put toys in these days, and finally a mad dash around the house looking for batteries.

Eating and drinking :D

I'm doing this broad from out of town who's in love with me for some reason. Go figure...

I'm doing this broad from out of town who's in love with me for some reason. Go figure...

That sounds like a fine Christmas, Dan. Do 'er one for Santa.

That sounds like a fine Christmas, Dan. Do 'er one for Santa.

Yes indeed, give her a hard one :naughty:

well i intend to get very very drunk (as usual!!!)

like last year we will get all wrapped up & go for a wee dander along the beach then stop in 1 of the many irish bars open here, sink a few c#cktails & a few baby guinesses, eat & then sleep

and then im going off to meet my new Catalan bloke in the evening to show him a few irish traditions :naughty:

sounds good! i really feel sorry for australians, who celebrate xmas in summer, thats just wrong

Big reunion with family, then probably off to some bar with friends. As we are all too tired and old to get drunk until we pass out, I guess we will only drink a little, discuss a little more, and laugh all night.

And yes Jem, Xmas celebrations here at the southern hemisphere is a drag for people that really tries to follow the Holliwood stereotype of Christmas (of which there are aplenty)...I remember one night, 2 turkeys being made in the oven...with outside temperature being over 40C (100F)...

Well, my family is from Sweden and I've carried out the tradition of making glogg, Pannakaka and a small batch of pepparkakor for the holidays. Not sure how much of that is recognizable to someone from Finland, but I suppose every nation has it's own winter traditions that are similar....a festive alcoholic drink, a festive cake and gingerbread cookies.....

and yes we have pretty same traditions here in Finland...perhaps we eat more fish at christmas!?

gl