Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

speedway

I'm New And The Usgp Just Got Me Fired

Hello there everybody. I've been a passive reader of the posts for the past couple of years and I finally got around to buying a computer a couple of weeks ago. I've really enjoyed the bantering back and forth, but I've got a story that beats everything. F! got me fired today. Actually the USGP and the dates it's on. Word to the wise. Don't make a scene when your boss is overly sensitive to the "image" of the situation. Oh well, it's off to the Army for me. The funny thing was, when I got home, I called my brother and told him, "I've been Klein-ed".

Welcome speedway, but you must explain what happened :eusa_think:

Welcome and ditto what Bruce (above) said.

Sorry for the confusion. I had way too much to drink. We were discussing days off and a guy who is only 1 month more senior to me said, "There's no way I'm letting a junior man have my day off." With that said, I left the office and proceeded to get thouroughly boiled out on the dock (I work(ed) for a transportation company, or a lorry firm for the English members). I said to a couple of guys that I should go across the street and work for our competitor and bewteen then and when I came back to work the next day, they told my boss. As of right now, i'm waiting for the call from the corporate folks to decide if I have a job. Mind you, this is the same company who wouldn't let me have the whole day off to attend my grandfathers funeral. Now, that i think about it, it's a lot like Montoya's situation.

I think he tried to book leave for the US Gp, had it refused and the rest they say is History!

Welcome to the forum speedway!!!

I'm New And The Usgp Just Got Me Fired = OK. So What ?

Ah. Oke. Rite. Welcum 2Z Forum ...

Sorry for the confusion. I had way too much to drink. We were discussing days off and a guy who is only 1 month more senior to me said, "There's no way I'm letting a junior man have my day off." With that said, I left the office and proceeded to get thouroughly boiled out on the dock (I work(ed) for a transportation company, or a lorry firm for the English members). I said to a couple of guys that I should go across the street and work for our competitor and bewteen then and when I came back to work the next day, they told my boss. As of right now, i'm waiting for the call from the corporate folks to decide if I have a job. Mind you, this is the same company who wouldn't let me have the whole day off to attend my grandfathers funeral. Now, that i think about it, it's a lot like Montoya's situation.

Ahh, I see. You made a stupid comment to your co-workers and they threw you under the bus.

Damn USGP! :unsure:

Obiviously you are not a teamster.................

Welcome to the forum.

From what I see, I would rather work in a fast food place than a place that would not give you the day off for your Grandather's funeral, hell my boss gave me the day off when my cat died 20 years ago. I took a week when my Mom died a few years ago and my boss then was surprised I came back so quickly.

Also sounds like you need to learn some self control, the world is filled with spiteful a##holes and you have to work and live with them. Also the world does not revolve around you so you don't always get what you want...

KennyE