Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Poll: Was Wahada Right In Refusing To Deploy To Iraq?

Was Wahada right in refusing to Deploy to Iraq?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is he justified?

• Yes
    • No

Yes Navy all the way, man I got to tell you being on the flight deck of the "Connie" while into the wind and going about 30 knotts in 15' seas will get your d#ck hard in a hurry, launching F-14's, A-6's etc. :naughty:

Wow, Sounds good old man!!!

Interesting you should say that Mock. I can't think of a single country represented on this forum (except Switzerland!) that hasn't had something in its past that's extremely unsavoury - by that I am particularly referring to my own and to yours.

And if you think that the public didn't try and change the Governments opinion about Vietnam, then with respect, perhaps you should check out the history of the USA at that time - the backlash was remarkable. Perhaps if you try to take devils advocate and look at the bigger picture, as opposed to your newspaper, you might give your opinion in a way that isn't quite so insulting to some on this forum - but that's your prerogative. Some could see you as throwing stones when your own country is not without its faults, faults that you could direct your distaste for the waste of human life towards maybe?

"It makes me sick. Reminds me of FOX TV". Maybe it did make you sick, but the person that published it had something they wanted to say, and just as you do, they have the right to do it. And just as you think it's sickening, maybe they could feel the same way about your opinions? Have you thought you might have the same effect on others in this forum?

"I rank Bush right up there with Hitler and Mussolini, probably worse. Rumsfeld and Bush are the butchers of Iraq". And how do you feel about Osama bin Laden? How would rate him up against these guys? The same? Freedom fighter? Murderer? And Blair? Why not him too?

Sorry if I've taken your opinions and comments the wrong way, but it really seems that you're just intent on slagging a nation off when your own hasn't exactly got the cutest in the history of human rights, government and the treatment of its public.

First of all, every country has something great and something hateful about it's past - that is not a qualifier for not pointing out hateful actions. If you have something to say about India's actions in the past, it's open to debate. I for one am totally against the IPKF action in Sri Lanka - that was something we should never have gotten in to and it was a lousy decision and lousy action made by politicians. Was General Dyers action in Jallianwalla Bagh despicable, yes it was, and that's the truth and I don't think many people would defend an action like that. You seem to be intent on focusing on my words in a play of language.

Second of all it was not my intention to be insulting to anyone on this forum. If the questions I asked on Vietnam and Iraq were insulting to you, then I apologise for offending your sensibilities, but not for the questions. The only objectionable sentence I used was about Democracy in America for which I apologise - I was just heated up at the moment.

Thats a laughable opinion on this forum - a forum where people have used extremely foul and filthy language and racist comments. They did not have any feeling, nor did the moderators, on the effect on people in the forums. I find your double standards, or more specific turning a blind eye, or wait, perhaps you don't know this forum well enough, rather unsettling.

Thats an utterly insane comment. Labeling Bush and Rumsfeld the Butchers of Iraq in no way absolves OBL of his culpability in the TT attacks, or in the terrorism that he is unleashing. Blair is an inconsequential sidekick dictated to by Bush. America has seen only one terrorist incident, we live with them every day. The less said about American foreign policy, or the lack of it, the better.

I just love your last sentence. People on this forum happily join in a debate on India and do not hesitate to point out problems and faults and be deregatory and when we object we are labelled as using the racism card. When your own nations actions are pointed out, it is called 'slagging off' your nation. What was it one allegedly distinguished member of this forum said ?? A nation breeding like rats in their own filth or something to that effect. I didn't see you commenting on the effect on others in the forum, or I didn't see anyone accusing him of trying to 'slag off' India.

Grow up and get real. Vietnam was wrong. Iraq is wrong.

I am only 50.

Let's just say that a certain person is getting to sound like a broken record, and i believe is trying to bait me and or fellow Americans into going postal.

But then again when certain statements that are made that are so outlandish it's kind of fun watching them swing by thier own rope so to say...........

Now about those movies......................................

That's OK PD. No baiting intended....honestly.

If you don't want to discuss this it's fine, I didn't expect you would have anything to say on the subject anyway. It's just funny how people have lots of things to say about India, isn't it ? I mean, one of the topics that was contentious for me was labelled by you as 'a fair topic for discussion', and of course, Bajo wasn't trying to bait me with the 38 children dead in India topic, and neither was Ctrl 300 trying to bait Indians with his ridiculous condom thread. But then that's not baiting for you, yet a thread on deployment in Iraq is a topic, as you put it, to 'bait me and fellow Americans into going postal'.

That is such an outlandish statement it makes no sense at all......unless you can qualify it........which I doubt you can.

Your silence on the debate, my friend, actually says everything.......

First of all, every country has something great and something hateful about it's past - that is not a qualifier for not pointing out hateful actions. If you have something to say about India's actions in the past, it's open to debate. I for one am totally against the IPKF action in Sri Lanka - that was something we should never have gotten in to and it was a lousy decision and lousy action made by politicians. Was General Dyers action in Jallianwalla Bagh despicable, yes it was, and that's the truth and I don't think many people would defend an action like that. You seem to be intent on focusing on my words in a play of language.

Second of all it was not my intention to be insulting to anyone on this forum. If the questions I asked on Vietnam and Iraq were insulting to you, then I apologise for offending your sensibilities, but not for the questions. The only objectionable sentence I used was about Democracy in America for which I apologise - I was just heated up at the moment.

Thats a laughable opinion on this forum - a forum where people have used extremely foul and filthy language and racist comments. They did not have any feeling, nor did the moderators, on the effect on people in the forums. I find your double standards, or more specific turning a blind eye, or wait, perhaps you don't know this forum well enough, rather unsettling.

Thats an utterly insane comment. Labeling Bush and Rumsfeld the Butchers of Iraq in no way absolves OBL of his culpability in the TT attacks, or in the terrorism that he is unleashing. Blair is an inconsequential sidekick dictated to by Bush. America has seen only one terrorist incident, we live with them every day. The less said about American foreign policy, or the lack of it, the better.

I just love your last sentence. People on this forum happily join in a debate on India and do not hesitate to point out problems and faults and be deregatory and when we object we are labelled as using the racism card. When your own nations actions are pointed out, it is called 'slagging off' your nation. What was it one allegedly distinguished member of this forum said ?? A nation breeding like rats in their own filth or something to that effect. I didn't see you commenting on the effect on others in the forum, or I didn't see anyone accusing him of trying to 'slag off' India.

Grow up and get real. Vietnam was wrong. Iraq is wrong.

Ok.

Ok.

I will shake your hand only when KR is crowned WDC at the end of next season :D

I will shake your hand only when KR is crowned WDC at the end of next season :D

Look. "OK" was being polite. I'll be too busy "growing up and getting a life" to indulge you further, and I wouldn't touch your hand with a bog brush.

By the way, it's 'Anti PC day here in the UK, so please don't reply; I'm off to find people to insult.

Well, I am rather biased, but still, all muslims must die, so yes, bomb the living Sh#t out of Iran.

For the record.

On any other forum, this idiot would have been banned permanently.

For the record.

On any other forum, this idiot would have been banned permanently.

When a monkey is around always leave a banana on the floor...

The monkeys these days are clever enough to eat the Banana and leave its skin for guys like you to trip and fall!

And by the policy of the same penalty for the same offence, however many times you do it. So our little Norwegian friend can decide to air his real life frustrations here, knowing all he will get is a one week ban. :what:

And by the policy of the same penalty for the same offence, however many times you do it. So our little Norwegian friend can decide to air his real life frustrations here, knowing all he will get is a one week ban. :what:

Don't worry! He hasn't looked beyond T.V. He only belives what press writes, besides, there is a saying that the frog that is still stuck in the well always has to depend on the frogs outside the well to tell what is going on. In short, he is not matured enough, or worse, probably still being breast fed!

Don't worry! He hasn't looked beyond T.V. He only belives what press writes, besides, there is a saying that the frog that is still stuck in the well always has to depend on the frogs outside the well to tell what is going on. In short, he is not matured enough, or worse, probably still being breast fed! :P

Even if he gets banned, he will suerly come back with a new id and start his rant, so, its best to ignore idiots, if we don't, we too may end up being looked at as idiots! :D

pabloh20 and Mock, excellent posts and points!!

As was said, the American Military is all volunteer, so he did not have to join. You cannot choose where and when to fight. Right or wrong, the US is there and it is his job to be there with the other soldiers.

When we invaded, I was all for the war and getting rid of that sick SOB, in the long run the country and people will be better off without him and yes he did have WMD's he killed thousands of civilian's with them, his own people for God's sake. Where are they now, Iran, Syria, Pakistan who knows, but he did hide them somewhere. Saddam did nothing but spit on the UN and the rest of the world for years taunting everyone to take action and the US did.

Personally, I just think we should have waited until we finished with Afghanistan and gotten Osama first, but I am not in charge. Is the war going well.... DUH if your a terrorist, it's going just as planned. I do not pretend to understand the Muslim world or teachings, but killing someone because they do not believe the same thing you do is just STUPID!!! And killing your next door neighbor or turning the other way as they plant bombs to kill Americans or other civilians is inexcusable!!!

KennyE

:usa:

Look. "OK" was being polite. I'll be too busy "growing up and getting a life" to indulge you further, and I wouldn't touch your hand with a bog brush. By the way, it's 'Anti PC day here in the UK, so please don't reply; I'm off to find people to insult.

It's definitly not Anti PC day here in India. I'm sorry that you couldn't see my viewpoint but you expect people to see yours. If you really want a taste of what slagging off is, jut look in this thread for posts by Ctrl300. I will be glad if you would leave my posts alone. I wouldn't (now) touch your hand with my toilet brush. I don't need to be off to find people to insult, guys like you and Ctrl300 seem to conveniently drop in for that purpose.

Yes you do need to grow up and stay on this board longer to understand the members here before shooting off your opinionated mouth..........

As was said, the American Military is all volunteer, so he did not have to join. You cannot choose where and when to fight. Right or wrong, the US is there and it is his job to be there with the other soldiers.

When we invaded, I was all for the war and getting rid of that sick SOB, in the long run the country and people will be better off without him and yes he did have WMD's he killed thousands of civilian's with them, his own people for God's sake. Where are they now, Iran, Syria, Pakistan who knows, but he did hide them somewhere. Saddam did nothing but spit on the UN and the rest of the world for years taunting everyone to take action and the US did.

Personally, I just think we should have waited until we finished with Afghanistan and gotten Osama first, but I am not in charge. Is the war going well.... DUH if your a terrorist, it's going just as planned. I do not pretend to understand the Muslim world or teachings, but killing someone because they do not believe the same thing you do is just STUPID!!! And killing your next door neighbor or turning the other way as they plant bombs to kill Americans or other civilians is inexcusable!!!

KennyE

:usa:

Thanks Kennye, that was a good post and well put, despite my contrary opinion, I can value that..

It's definitly not Anti PC day here in India. I'm sorry that you couldn't see my viewpoint but you expect people to see yours. If you really want a taste of what slagging off is, jut look in this thread for posts by Ctrl300. I will be glad if you would leave my posts alone. I wouldn't (now) touch your hand with my toilet brush. I don't need to be off to find people to insult, guys like you and Ctrl300 seem to conveniently drop in for that purpose.

Yes you do need to grow up and stay on this board longer to understand the members here before shooting off your opinionated mouth..........

Fascinating. We seem to have the same opinion of each other.

Re bold stuff:

I completely agree, I'm opinionated. Every one of us on this form is to some degree, some taking it a little too far on occasions (myself included). So, the bit about me being opinionated I completely agree with; more about you - do you always get this nasty when someone doesn't 'see your point? I wasn't aware it was a prerequisite on this forum....

A taste of slagging off? That sounds very much like pathetic playground talk and, with regard to Ctrl300, I have no intention of crawling the forum to find 'he said this, she said that' discussions - but I do think he geos out to wind you up, so why don't you just leave it be? Maybe his sense of humour was once mistaken and things have grown out of proportion since then? Maybe Ctrl can comment?

Touching your hand with a bog brush is a light hearted way of saying 'I'm out of here' and is not considered offensive where I'm from - though telling someone to 'get a life' and 'grow up' could result in offence being taken - one of the idiosyncrasies of a community made up of many differnet races, backgrounds, education and age I imagine.

On every other occasion where I thought I might have offended someone I've apologised - please let me know if you can find otherwise through your vast knowledge of this forum. However, in your case Mock, I don't feel the need to apologise any longer, I have become just as p1ssed off at you slagging off and insulting all things American with your acidic finger-pointing comments. You bleat on about rascism - I think you're no different.

Was that too opinionated?

Excellent post Medilloni, Liberals in this country have a saying...........that go's something like this, I you agree with my viewpoint fine, if you don't you are wrong............

Excellent post Medilloni, Liberals in this country have a saying...........that go's something like this, I you agree with my viewpoint fine, if you don't you are wrong............

Phew! Thought I was just about to get banned :blush:

Maybe his sense of humour was once mistaken and things have grown out of proportion since then?

No. If you cannot be bothered to find out, that is fine, but don't make ignorant presumptions.

Was that too opinionated?
Hell no.

You really believe eevrythign they tell you don't you?

No. If you cannot be bothered to find out, that is fine, but don't make ignorant presumptions.

Hell no.

The little squigly thing with the dot underneath at the end of that sentence is a question mark, therefore not a presumption.

Now, if you had ignorantly presumed that I thought I might get a sensible answer (obviously an ignorant AND stupid presumption on my part), then you would of course be correct :P

The little squigly thing with the dot underneath at the end of that sentence is a question mark, therefore not a presumption.

Now, if you had ignorantly presumed that I thought I might get a sensible answer (obviously an ignorant AND stupid presumption on my part), then you would of course be correct :P

I know they say "quality my son, not quantity", but more posts from you are sorely needed.