Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Most Under-rated Driver In F1?

Lewis Hamilton is dull and vastly overrated

DULL? Have you seen him race? If you have, then you must be crazy cos his racing is far from dull

Ha.

Yes, I watched him in a couple of races in lower series in also in all of last season's GP2 races. He was dull as HELL. Piquet on the other hand was very exciting to watch. Hamilton just waited until everybody else rolled over. Helps that his car is the best set up on the grid as well. For all of those who don't think the cars make a difference, compare Timo Glock's results from one of the worst cars on the grid to when he switched to one of the better ones - I recall he did very well (prehaps podium?) on his first outing in the new car.

I dislike Lewis Hamilton, purely because there are people with equal or better talent out there who haven't had the same opportunities as him, just because he's BLOODY OVERHYPED.

(SOME) People say Kubica gave Nick a 'wake-up call' etc, but Nick wasnt exactly going slowly in the first place, he was a consistent points-scorer in 2006 and was outpacing JV (& RK) most of the time. It will be an interesting battle but I wont believe the hype until i see consistent strong drives and actually outscoring Heidfeld, and I really cant see that happening, Nick is very reliable.

Agreed (with some addictions). And w\o last sentence.

Kubica? Paffett? Heidfeld? Webber?

You guys must be kidding. The most underrated driver in F1 is, of course, Alonso. A 2 times WDC, youngest WDC, made already more legendary manoeuvres than anyone else (this, in the most boring seasons in recent F1 history). Yet, people looks at him, says "good job, kiddo, shame your attitude, though" and starts discussing over some 3rd line driver (like JB) as if what FA accomplished was something any driver could do even with a car as strong as the Renaults. To my own shame, I must conced that the brightness of MS star overshadowed FA's. Should MS never existed, FA would be up right there already in the top 10 of all times.

yes but just wondering who you feel deserves more recognition/praise than they get. Everyone raves about alonso and raikkonen but not many give Nick Heidfeld the credit that he deserves; he's outclassed Webber and JV the last 2 years and yet for some inexplicable reason people think he's going to get beaten by kubica next year

+1 Agreed. Also NH earlir in Sauber outclassed Kimi and Felipe as well.

Yes, I watched him in a couple of races in lower series in also in all of last season's GP2 races. He was dull as HELL. Hamilton just waited until everybody else rolled over.

sorry but the stupidity of that comment has almost offended me.

I wonder if youtube might have some vids of Lewis in action. I was at silverstone 2006 and i was astonished by him. He fought up to 1st then pulled out a huge lead, and every time he went by me he was side by side with the guy he was overtaking, all the people around me were all commenting how great this kid was who was wiping the floor with his opponents with apparent ease.

As you apparently watched all GP2 last year, you will have seen his racing skills, and by the way your last comment about disliking him shows that your opinion cant be taken too seriously, as you're clearly biased against the guy and just want to bring him down due to your personal sentiment. Lewis could be an overhyped twat for all I care but i've seen him race and dull, my friend, he certainly is NOT.

Piquet was in his 2nd year of GP2 and still couldnt beat Hamilton. Ron Dennis certainly disagrees with you, do you know better than him? The thing about having a better set-up car is just a weak unfounded argument to prove a completely false point. The same could be said about any driver in motorsport history

sorry but the stupidity of that comment has almost offended me.

I wonder if youtube might have some vids of Lewis in action. I was at silverstone 2006 and i was astonished by him. He fought up to 1st then pulled out a huge lead, and every time he went by me he was side by side with the guy he was overtaking, all the people around me were all commenting how great this kid was who was wiping the floor with his opponents with apparent ease.

As you apparently watched all GP2 last year, you will have seen his racing skills, and by the way your last comment about disliking him shows that your opinion cant be taken too seriously, as you're clearly biased against the guy and just want to bring him down due to your personal sentiment. Lewis could be an overhyped twat for all I care but i've seen him race and dull, my friend, he certainly is NOT.

Piquet was in his 2nd year of GP2 and still couldnt beat Hamilton. Ron Dennis certainly disagrees with you, do you know better than him? The thing about having a better set-up car is just a weak unfounded argument to prove a completely false point. The same could be said about any driver in motorsport history

:congrats: couldnt have said it better myself!

Ha.

Yes, I watched him in a couple of races in lower series in also in all of last season's GP2 races. He was dull as HELL. Piquet on the other hand was very exciting to watch. Hamilton just waited until everybody else rolled over. Helps that his car is the best set up on the grid as well. For all of those who don't think the cars make a difference, compare Timo Glock's results from one of the worst cars on the grid to when he switched to one of the better ones - I recall he did very well (prehaps podium?) on his first outing in the new car.

I dislike Lewis Hamilton, purely because there are people with equal or better talent out there who haven't had the same opportunities as him, just because he's BLOODY OVERHYPED.

Not very convincing.

Lewis Hamilton is dull and vastly overrated

Er, Hamilton is an elbow and Montoya was an arse.

He's dull because his name isn't Gary Paffett. At a guess.

:lol: Probably ;) That was quite controversial for you btw.

Er, Hamilton is an elbow and Montoya was an arse.

I never could tell my arse from my elbow.

:lol: Probably ;) That was quite controversial for you btw.

I live on the edge Murray!

Antonia you know what they say about black men? ;) Surely that must count for something?

Wouldn't even go there with a bargepole.

I have an intense dislike for Lewis Hamilton. He's not all he's cracked up to be. Just wait and see.

Oh and that crap about Lewis at the Silverstone race last year, Nico did the exact same thing in 2005, but not at Silverstone.

On a side note, Nico Rosberg scored more points in 2005 than Hamilton did in 2006 and Hamilton's car was significantly better than Nico's at the start of the season. Just something to think about there to all of you Lewis lovers.

On a side note, Nico Rosberg scored more points in 2005 than Hamilton did in 2006 and Hamilton's car was significantly better than Nico's at the start of the season. Just something to think about there to all of you Lewis lovers.

:eusa_think: Interesting...................................... yet to form an opinion on LH.

I think the 'Lewis lovers' are probably well aware of that. Your insistence on damning him before he turns a wheel though is irritatingly lacking substance. We can all speculate a plethora of nonsense too;

Bernie will wear a tutu at the Australian GP. Bubbles the monkey will sign for Spyker. Mario Thiessen will 'come out'. See? Easy.

I think the 'Lewis lovers' are probably well aware of that. Your insistence on damning him before he turns a wheel though is irritatingly lacking substance. We can all speculate a plethora of nonsense too;

Bernie will wear a tutu at the Australian GP. Bubbles the monkey will sign for Spyker. Mario Thiessen will 'come out'. See? Easy.

Wouldn't rule that out...

You simply can't compare two different seasons, and the points a driver accumulates, and make any sort of convincing case. I've seen Hammy drive around cars like they were parked and that gets my support. I'm not going to change my bias at all, such is my faith in the boy-god.

You, my dear, are Satan and Hammy will deal with you in due time :P

To accurately assess a driver's rating as either good, under rated or over rated you need to look at thier performance in all types of machinery ie. crap cars like minardi and better cars currently like ferrari and renault and in other times williams and mclaren when they were on top of their game.

Kimi Raikonnen

Sauber average performance

McLaren improved remarkably (was it the car)

Felipe Massa

Ferrari improved performance (car again)

Nick Heidfeld

Sauber average

Williams average line ball performance with Webber but did manage a few lucky podiums

BMW Sauber better but whipped by new boy Kubica

Fernando Alonso

Minardi no points finishes in the back of the grid every race

Renault first season mid grid folowing two seasons great performances (car again)

Jarno Trulli

Jordan average performance ( one lucky win)

Renault outclassed by Alonso 70 % of the time

Toyota mid grid performances with occasssional podium, known as the "TRulli Train" holding up others

Ralf Schumacher

Jordan average

Williams won several GPs and many podiums ( class leading BMW engine at the time)

Toyota average performance

Mark Webber

Minardi punched above his weight in many races finishing in the points and just outside top 8 on several ocassions ( in a crap car)

Jaguar strong in qualifying and racing to 17 points one season performance dimishing as Ford money dried up

Williams Strong drives but was running strongly on many drives but poor reliability one podium many top 8 finishes

All this goes to show that IF all drivers were given the same equipment, THEN you could rate them as good, bad or ugly

To accurately assess a driver's rating as either good, under rated or over rated you need to look at thier performance in all types of machinery ie. crap cars like minardi and better cars currently like ferrari and renault and in other times williams and mclaren when they were on top of their game.

Kimi Raikonnen

McLaren improved remarkably (was it the car)

Felipe Massa

Ferrari improved performance (car again)

Nick Heidfeld

Sauber average

Williams average line ball performance with Webber but did manage a few lucky podiums

BMW Sauber better but whipped by new boy Kubica

Fernando Alonso

Renault first season mid grid folowing two seasons great performances (car again)

Jarno Trulli

Jordan average performance ( one lucky win)

Renault outclassed by Alonso 70 % of the time

Toyota mid grid performances with occasssional podium, known as the "TRulli Train" holding up others

Ralf Schumacher

Jordan average

Williams won several GPs and many podiums ( class leading BMW engine at the time)

Toyota average performance

Mark Webber

Minardi punched above his weight in many races finishing in the points and just outside top 8 on several ocassions ( in a crap car)

Jaguar strong in qualifying and racing to 17 points one season performance dimishing as Ford money dried up

Williams Strong drives but was running strongly on many drives but poor reliability one podium many top 8 finishes

All this goes to show that IF all drivers were given the same equipment, THEN you could rate them as good, bad or ugly

I agree with most, but remember Kimi was a rookie, I would put it as above average....

"Fernando Alonso

Renault first season mid grid folowing two seasons great performances (car again)"

- I have'nt looked this up, but this proves the point. Shows you how car reliant the guy is........

yes because the cars ROLLED over for hamilton. I'm not damning him before he turns a wheel in F1, I have seen him race before and it's just not very exciting. I'm not denying he's a good driver, he is, but he's not special or exciting.