Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

2007 The Most Competitive Season Ever?

The 2007 seasons promises to be a great one with 11 F1 teams being closer to each other in terms of performance than in any other season before. Usually the F1 grid consists of three or four top teams, followed but mid pack and tailenders. If you look at the way grid for 2007 is shaping up, the gap between the front and the back of the grid promises to be at its smallest ever. Of course all this is speculation. But lets look at the 11 teams and the potential they bring. I would classify the teams for 2007 in the following way

Front runners

---------------

1) Ferrari

2) Renault

3) McLaren

Almost Front runners

-------------------------

4) Honda

5) BMW

6) Toyota

7) Red Bull/STR

Back of the Grid

-------------------

8) Williams

9) Super Aguri

10) Spyker

Now considering that the so called back of the grid now consists of Williams, Super Aguri (last years Honda) and Spyker, each of these teams has the potential to put in some strong performances (especially if Mike Gascoyne can turn things around at Sypker towards the second half of the season, and put the two wind tunnels and the Ferrari engine to good use)

All this points to a very close grid and hopefully a close championship all around.....

I throw it open to you boys....and girls...

All this points to a very close grid and hopefully a close championship all around.....

I throw it open to you boys....and girls...

:thbup:

Let it be just good competitive season. Could it be "most ever" we could judje just in december 2007.

Anyway with 2003-Top-8 pointSystem and absence of so called 7-WDC the season is far more open than last 5-15 years.

Really not nice seeing Williams being thought of as a back of the pack runner but maybe its tough love. Reminds me of Eddie Jordan's comments that the once great names of privateer F1 teams have had their day and Frank should sell up are spine thinglingly prophetic. Hope i'm speaking too soon.

You want competative...customer car's should do just that. Lower teams with the same car's but nothing to lose :)

i think it will be very competitve this year,

as far as Williams is concerned, i saw this coming, hate to say, for a long time

i think it will be very competitve this year,

as far as Williams is concerned, i saw this coming, hate to say, for a long time

I might have put them at the back of the grid, but I haven't ruled Williams completely out. They have out of the front runners only for a season or two. Do you remember the McLaren days of 94,95,96 with their Peugeot engine and what not. The team has a serious pedigree and it would take them more than 2 seasons to bow out completely. If they can solve their funding problem, they have it in their DNA to build fast cars

but in F1 one a name means nothing if you don't have guys that know what they are doing. If Ferrari hired the guys from the garage down the street from me they would not build a fast car just because it was called a Ferrari. Williams have lost or fired so much of their staff that they have lost what made them a good team in the early 90's/early 2000's

yes it should be a competitive year but we dont have much way of knowing who's going to be where, maybe Honda will produce the best car, could happen, or maybe Renault have got it completely wrong. We're all hoping for a kimi/alonso ferrari/mclaren battle and thats probably the most likely scenario!

the problem is, that if the cars are same, Kimi will be too dominant because of his driving skills... :eusa_think:

I doubt it !!!

F.A hasn't won 2 WDC on good looks !!!

Do you remember the McLaren days of 94,95,96 with their Peugeot engine and what not.

Do you remember the McLaren ... Honda\92, \Ford\93, \Peugeot\94, and Mercedes\95 etc ...

1993 McLaren\Ford 2`cc 84 pts

1994 McLaren\Peugeot 4`CC 42 pts * 1994 Jordan\Hart 5`CC 28 pts

1995 McLaren\Merced 4`CC 30 pts * 1995 Jordan\Peugeot 6`CC 21 pts

1996 McLaren\Merced 4`CC 49 pts * 1996 Jordan\Peugeot 5`CC 22 pts

1997 McLaren\Merced 4`CC 63 pts * 1997 Jordan\Peugeot 5`CC 33 pts

Well, that's for sure :clap3:

Anyway, it will be interesting to see, if he can adapt to Mclaren, I guess many people have doubt about that, because of his driving style...

No one puts their foot so completely in their mouth like you can, really amazing talent.

Jan 11th 2007 edition of Autosport page 8.

"Everybody at McLaren recognises that Fernando has a very particular driving style," said Whitmarsh. "He has a relatively aggressive application of steering lock and we were worried that his driving style might not translate to another car. Happily that wasen't the case - it was a big relief to both of us. In particular, it was a big confidence-boosting opportunity for Fernando"

"He gave perfect technical feedback to the engineers," said Mercedes engine boss Norbert Haug. "He described the engine's characteristics extremely precisely. He thinks our V8 is very good but also pointed out where improvements can be made."

Time to learn another tune raikkonen_dominates2? Not that you ever listened before.

Well, that's for sure :clap3:

Anyway, it will be interesting to see, if he can adapt to Mclaren, I guess many people have doubt about that, because of his driving style...

He has already adapted very well.

People keep ranting whos driver is better! dont care! :P

All I know is that, This year, every driver is going to be faster than they were last year. Just look at the heat already being made!

There is a lot of optimism for Alonso, I am sure he is going to get a Fantastic car, Kimi will finally get a car that is fast as a Ferrari and as reliable as a tractor. Hamilton, a bold new racer, right alongside Alonso, Everyone will get to know if Nick was really under-ratted when he faces severe competition from QBeetza! Super Aguri is going to be faster, Spyker is going to be richer, Honda is going to be better.And Redbull is going to be a big suprise, STR too.. BMW too wont be quite, we will see a constant aero updates and spectacular show from Kubica. But, how will Renault fare? I really don't know :confused2: Not that they are not one of the best teams, but its drivers......Time will tell.

No one puts their foot so completely in their mouth like you can, really amazing talent.

Jan 11th 2007 edition of Autosport page 8.

Time to learn another tune raikkonen_dominates2? Not that you ever listened before.

Excellent quote from Autosport on Alonso's technical feedback. It will be conveniently forgotten by all but you, me and Wez, but nice nonetheless.

Puma, its not like Norbert would come out and say that one of his drivers in a complete idiot when it comes to technical aspects of the car, of course he will say that the driver helped a lot but you can never trust this sort of stuff, the true test comes when the cars are on the track fighting for points.

(no im not saying Alonso is an idiot at the technical stuff, im saying that Norbert or any other boss would say his driver doesn't know what hes doing.)

Excellent quote from Autosport on Alonso's technical feedback. It will be conveniently forgotten by all but you, me and Wez, but nice nonetheless.

You mean that sycophantic drivel form the Mclaren folk about their own goldenboy? Yes we'll believe that, no convincing needed there.

Do you remember the McLaren ... Honda\92, \Ford\93, \Peugeot\94, and Mercedes\95 etc ...

1993 McLaren\Ford 2`cc 84 pts

1994 McLaren\Peugeot 4`CC 42 pts * 1994 Jordan\Hart 5`CC 28 pts

1996 McLaren\Merced 4`CC 49 pts * 1996 Jordan\Peugeot 5`CC 22 pts

1997 McLaren\Merced 4`CC 63 pts * 1997 Jordan\Peugeot 5`CC 33 pts

Thank you Kup. As I recall the McLaren Peugeot was a fine car with a poor engine.

Puma, its not like Norbert would come out and say that one of his drivers in a complete idiot when it comes to technical aspects of the car, of course he will say that the driver helped a lot but you can never trust this sort of stuff, the true test comes when the cars are on the track fighting for points.

(no im not saying Alonso is an idiot at the technical stuff, im saying that Norbert or any other boss would say his driver doesn't know what hes doing.)

You mean that sycophantic drivel form the Mclaren folk about their own goldenboy? Yes we'll believe that, no convincing needed there.

I don't remember McRon or Norbert coming out and saying this about JPM or Kimi...............

Well, that's for sure :clap3: Anyway, it will be interesting to see, if he can adapt to Mclaren, I guess many people have doubt about that, because of his driving style...

And why many people are doubt because of his driving style ? Where to "fing a magic key" - in people or in style ? I cannot guess. Need some hints.

Thank you Kup. As I recall the McLaren Peugeot was a fine car with a poor engine.

And how about this:

1994 McLaren\Peugeot 4`CC 42 pts * 1994 Jordan\Hart 5`CC 28 pts * Sauber\Merced 8`cc 12 pts

Maybe Mercedes was as poor as Peugeot ? As Jordan\Sauber were definately weaker than McLaren ?

I don't remember McRon or Norbert coming out and saying this about JPM or Kimi...............

Thats because with JPM or Kimi, mclaren werent afraid of their driving style being difficult to suit to the car. This is the whole reason that Whitmarsh is making these comments, cos people thought his driving style might be a problem, this wasnt an issue with JPM or Kimi.

If you're talking about Haug's comment about alonso's feedback, well what else would you expect him to say when questioned by a reporter on alonso's feedback?

Thats because with JPM or Kimi, mclaren werent afraid of their driving style being difficult to suit to the car. This is the whole reason that Whitmarsh is making these comments, cos people thought his driving style might be a problem, this wasnt an issue with JPM or Kimi.

If you're talking about Haug's comment about alonso's feedback, well what else would you expect him to say when questioned by a reporter on alonso's feedback?

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. Yours is no more correct than mine is, Jem, so leave yourself open to be wrong. People reading your viewpoint and mine will simply have to decide what sounds better to them. For me, I hear what you are saying but reject it. I cannot provide proof (neither can you) but yet I still feel I have the right of it.