Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

2007 The Most Competitive Season Ever?

Errrr yes Montoya's driving style was an issue with McLaren.

Montoya couldn't make the chronic understeer of the McLaren work for him so I'd agree with you.

Michael leaving will have as big an affect on the sport as the '98 tyre ruling. I don't mean this in a 'misty eyed fan bias' way, i just think that the opportunities that will filter down as a result of his departure will shake the good tree F1 in as big a way as those rules for tyres with grooves in did.

In '99, Frentzen was in the hunt for the championship. He never would have been had Michael not broken his leg, if you see my point.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. Yours is no more correct than mine is, Jem, so leave yourself open to be wrong. People reading your viewpoint and mine will simply have to decide what sounds better to them. For me, I hear what you are saying but reject it. I cannot provide proof (neither can you) but yet I still feel I have the right of it.

of course, and i didnt mean to sound like you cant voice your opinion, i was just pointing out that this is a different situation to when kimi and jpm were hired!

of course, and i didnt mean to sound like you cant voice your opinion, i was just pointing out that this is a different situation to when kimi and jpm were hired!

Yes, everyone can voice their opinion, but one's opinion can be right or wrong. Why, because an opinion is sometimes derived of facts or knowledge! In this case you were right about the Kimi and Jpm situation Jem. It would not be, of course, right to trust someone who comments come from lala fantasy land (you know who I am talkin about), make up things and just praise and worship their driver at every turn..

Yes, everyone can voice their opinion, but you can be right or wrong. Why, because an opinion is sometimes derived of facts or knowledge!

My opinions are always correct no matter what the facts may or may not say.

This is a typical trait of down syndrome

Maybe so but in this case its a fact that im always right no matter what we are discussing. Most people with down syndrome couldnt use a computers keyboard and would have difficulty in the most basic conversations online.

Maybe so but in this case its a fact that im always right no matter what we are discussing. Most people with down syndrome couldnt use a computers keyboard and would have difficulty in the most basic conversations online.

exactly! :lol::lol:

I disagree. The issue at hand is Haug's comments about Alonso's technical feedback. On the one hand people sitck to the team's quotes as if it's the Spoken Word Of God, then proceed to reject those team quotes when it doesn't suit them. You can't have it both ways and remain credible.

Jem, you say this isn't the same situation as with Kimi and JPM. Can you prove that Kimi and JPM give better technical feedback than Alonso? Indeed, can you dig up a quote where Haug praised either or them to this degree? The only reason this question was asked to Haug was because Kimi is WIDELY KNOWN to give sparse technical feedback. I've listened to JPM's in-car radio many times in CART and now NASCAR and he asks far more questions of the team than he has answers for them.

Yes, everyone can voice their opinion, but one's opinion can be right or wrong.

Indeed but the other aspect of this is that people must have the knowledge to recognize the right from the wrong.

Why, because an opinion is sometimes derived of facts or knowledge! In this case you were right about the Kimi and Jpm situation Jem. It would not be, of course, right to trust someone who comments come from lala fantasy land (you know who I am talkin about), make up things and just praise and worship their driver at every turn..

Bad form as I haven't attacked you at all. My bias is towards one driver only, Hamilton, not driver(s)--plural. My comments come from a very healthy and proven knowlegde of the sport. Consensus opinion on many forums seems to prove that my knowledge is above-average. Take it how you will, I suppose, but don't proceed to make light of what I say, many intelligent people would agree with most of my statements and when you disagree out-of-hand you look bad.

I always state my opinion and make an attempt to back up my thoughts with reasoned examples. Believe it or not to your heart's content, but lets put a stop to the dismissing attitude, please.

I've listened to JPM's in-car radio many times in CART and now NASCAR and he asks far more questions of the team than he has answers for them.

Yeah, like "What time does McDonalds shut?"

Sorry Mike. ;)

No one puts their foot so completely in their mouth like you can, really amazing talent.

Jan 11th 2007 edition of Autosport page 8.

Time to learn another tune raikkonen_dominates2? Not that you ever listened before.

Time to start testing, with clocked laps for us to see.

And, hopefully he has adapted as Mclaren boss says. Anyway, it will be interesting to see in couple of months, whether it was Fernando or Renault... can't wait... :eusa_think:

Yeah, like "What time does McDonalds shut?"

:lolroll:

At a recent Busch series race, JPM was heard to ask his race engineer "Where should I be, the high or the low line?" to which his engineer responded "You're the driver out there, why are you asking me?"

These are not the words of an intelligent driver........

Back on to the williams topic....

the difference i see between Williams and Jordan is..

Williams won races and championships - Jordan didn't (But as i say that i think ...Lotus, Brabham etc..)

I hope Williams will bounce back but in a couple of years.

I feel that its going to be an interesting year!

I think that FA is the only current driver to win a WDC, because of that i believe the championship will be between Kimi and FA with Fisi a bit behind.

Back on to the williams topic....

the difference i see between Williams and Jordan is..

Williams won races and championships - Jordan didn't (But as i say that i think ...Lotus, Brabham etc..)

I hope Williams will bounce back but in a couple of years.

I feel that its going to be an interesting year!

I think that FA is the only current driver to win a WDC, because of that i believe the championship will be between Kimi and FA with Fisi a bit behind.

yup! Williams are no ligier or jordan or minardi. it would take more than 1 average season and 1 bad season to kill the third most successful team of all time. give them some time to sort it out. they will bounce back! Ah! the last of the true privateers! Go Williams!

Time to start testing, with clocked laps for us to see.

And, hopefully he has adapted as Mclaren boss says. Anyway, it will be interesting to see in couple of months, whether it was Fernando or Renault... can't wait... :eusa_think:

Yes if it was Renault I doubt they would be feeling Alonso was such a major lose and that Fifi will have to step up but they conceed he hasent done anything near Alonso for that team. Contrasting that aginst Ferrari's cold feet about if Kimi will perform is maybe something you should worry about more.

Indeed. If it were all Renault, I would have expected [b]both[/b] drivers to be just as good. Really, I'm all for a little banter, but does anyone [b]really[/b] think that Alonso isn't one of the top 2 drivers on the grid? I think everyone realizes it but they have far too much pride to admit it. Ah well, no worries....

Indeed. If it were all Renault, I would have expected both drivers to be just as good. Really, I'm all for a little banter, but does anyone really think that Alonso isn't one of the top 2 drivers on the grid? I think everyone realizes it but they have far too much pride to admit it. Ah well, no worries....

I agree, FA is the most complete package for 2007. He is the only current driver i believe who knows how to win. I expect FA to walk away with it providing kimi and Ferrari dont gel.

By the way i think we need to tally career race wins for the current 2007 drivers, who wants to do it? :eusa_think:

I'm not proud of the way I acted here yesterday.... calling names and stuff, it's not my style...

I apologise to ykicka....

"It would not be, of course, right to trust someone who comments come from lala fantasy land (you know who I am talkin about), make up things and just praise and worship their driver at every turn." <---- I hope he does'nt think this was aimed at him...