Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

India Could Have F1 Race As Early As 2009

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=188873

Indian businessman Vijay Mallya told a news conference at the launch of Toyota's new TF107 car that India may be on the F1 circuit as soon as 2009.

"It has always been my dream to bring Formula One to India,

"The government of Delhi I think really wants Formula One in India and I am optimistic that maybe we will be able to host our first race in 2009," said Mallya.

Interest in F1 is growing on the sub-continent. Toyota announced a sponsorship deal with Kingfisher Airlines, Tata sponsored Williams last season and Narain Karthikeyan became the first Indian F1 driver in 2005.

Mallya is a close associate of Bernie Ecclestone. The F1 supremo said last year that negotiations where underway with the relevant Indian authorities to build a race track in the country.

F1 is looking to expand into Asia and India joins fellow hopefuls Singapore and South Korea in the race to join the calender.

For those of you who don't know who Vijay Mally is here is the wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vijay_Mallya

A more detailed and better article here

http://sify.com/finance/equity/fullstory.php?id=13221490

Wishful thinking ,perhaps,eh,Mallya?

Indeed. The hippies haven't even caught a whiff of this yet, they would have had the plan been anything more than wild fantasy.

Can monkeys eat Sh#t? India will get a GP when they realise they suck as a race. Ergo, never.

Just quoting this to ensure you get banned :D

Hey dip shiit, I know what you look like and where you study, its still hell to pay, kaffir..

This is where our wonderful moderators and their policies brings us..

Can monkeys eat Sh#t? India will get a GP when they realise they suck as a race. Ergo, never.

India this, India that, wah wah wah monkey this, eat Sh#t that.

It seems you just post to p**s people off at the moment.

Cant you just leave it and play nice?

India this, India that, wah wah wah monkey this, eat Sh#t that.

It seems you just post to p**s people off at the moment.

Cant you just leave it and play nice?

No, he can't. He seems to have been working on his attitude while in the freezer :lol: Something tells me he won't be around for long this time, though.

Too bad! :rolleyes:

Now, Ctrl300, dance for us! Come on give us your act! Any new tricks? Anything? :clap3:

Something tells me he won't be around for long this time, though.

You mean our moderators will do something? haha :lol: They have let him rampage for an year, why would they do anything now? Perhaps he will get a 'one week ban'. How harsh :rolleyes:

You mean our moderators will do something? haha :lol: They have let him rampage for an year, why would they do anything now? Perhaps he will get a 'one week ban'. How harsh :rolleyes:

I would be suprised if he gets banned! :D

:clap3: congrats India.

wonder when we get our own F1 gp to Finland...

probably year 2999 <_<

To me, the Indian roads, and terrain conditions are one of the best suited for hosting a WRC event, you can say a a whole season's events could be conducted here itself, I go wrc everyday actually, such is the condition and traffic in our roads, but anyways, you guys are lucky to host a few proper motorsports events!

Yeah, I wouldn't be too suprised.

Just look at the population, bound to generate some serious revenue.

Don't want them to remove any events though, I'd like to see like 25 GPs a year. :P

To me, the Indian roads, and terrain conditions are one of the best suited for hosting a WRC event, you can say a a whole season's events could be conducted here itself, I go wrc everyday actually, such is the condition and traffic in our roads, but anyways, you guys are lucky to host a few proper motorsports events!

To make it more interesting, they should add a unique rule for the Indian GP where bribes to the stewards are made official. And I think they should hand over the logistics of the operation to Mumbai's Dabbawalas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabbawala). They will put Bernie's F1 machine to shame with their efficiency!

What else should be done to make the F1 event truly Indian? How about a bollywood dance before the start of the races. We can get the actors to dance around the cars, "who ate the baby, it was the dingo ate the baby" :)

To make it more interesting, they should add a unique rule for the Indian GP where bribes to the stewards are made official. And I think they should hand over the logistics of the operation to Mumbai's Dabbawalas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dabbawala). They will put Bernie's F1 machine to shame with their efficiency!

What else should be done to make the F1 event truly Indian? How about a bollywood dance before the start of the races. We can get the actors to dance around the cars, "who ate the baby, it was the dingo ate the baby" :)

so, who should we be hiring for the item numbers? :D