Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ferrariphile

2007 Rolex Grand Am Series

Hey American road racing fans, the 2007 season of the Rolex Sports Car Series is about to start! I will be attending the Rolex 24 at Daytona this year, so look for updates starting Thursday, 25 January. I don't know if TF1 has an official reporter for the Grand Am series, but this year I've got all-access passes to the paddock and team garages so I'll be posting pics and summaries of the weekend's events. See you at the races!

PS, JPM is driving the 01 Telmex/Ganassi car.

Do you take requests? A pic of Patrick Long would be fantastic! Have fun, man, and I'll be watching the full 15 hours on speed (does anyone know if Fox is covering the remaining hours?).

You need speed to stay awake for 15 hours?

Well, in Riverside I can't really score speed, but I can get ahold of Meth pretty easily............

I found a interview of Patrick Long from Wind Tunnel. He has always been my favorite young american driver - one that would probably do a better job than the speedy surfer in F1 - and I also thought that he had a bit of personality to him. This interview makes me rethink the personality thing... very vanilla... toes the company line. But, of course, I probably would too if I was a factory driver for Porsche.

It's a two parter:

=

I found a interview of Patrick Long from Wind Tunnel. He has always been my favorite young american driver - one that would probably do a better job than the speedy surfer in F1 - and I also thought that he had a bit of personality to him. This interview makes me rethink the personality thing... very vanilla... toes the company line. But, of course, I probably would too if I was a factory driver for Porsche.

It's a two parter:

=

I know Patrick's family (though I've not met him) and they relate that he indeed needs to toe the company line. I agree with you that Long would be better for F1 than Speed, but he's happy enough where he is and won't move to F1 unless a top team offers him a drive. He's currently making more dosh than he would be at Spyker or something like that and sees no real reason to move.

I make no guarantees, but I'll see what I can do. :) I got to see him race at Sebring and I was there for his victory at Homestead-Miami, that was a great race.

Q: How do you make a FWD car oversteer?

A: Three-wheel that mofo! (lot of that going on)

P1040330.jpg

P1040323.jpg

P1040333.jpg

And guess who I got to meet?

P1040418.jpg

I'm the guy with the goofy-a## grin next to JPM. I'm going to try to see if I can talk to Boris Said today, some of my friends who came down from VA are into motorsports business and getting a Rolex series video game together and (check out www.idtsimulations.com) they said Mr. Said is an incredibly cool guy to talk with. I'm helping them get pics of all the Rolex DP and GT cars' liveries, so I have to leave right now so we can get there as soon as garages open.

I got to get close to some cool people today:

P1040499.jpg

And I believe somebody asked for a shot of this guy:

P1040501.jpg

Live it up, man! You're having a ball and I'm sitting here in California jealous! Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, that's Patrick Long..............did you talk with him at all? He's really a nice guy, down to earth.

Live it up, man! You're having a ball and I'm sitting here in California jealous! Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, that's Patrick Long..............did you talk with him at all? He's really a nice guy, down to earth.
I didn't get a chance to talk with him, I was just walking down the garage lane and I saw him riding his cart down and he stopped to talk to someone, I asked him if I could get his picture just before he took off.

The Rolex series is really taking off, there were way more people out there this year and they closed the infield to motor traffic just before I got there for the race. I managed to get in later, but that place was packed. I'm going through about 2 000 pictures and videos I've taken, I had planned on getting stuff posted while I was there, but my laptop wasn't playing nice with the wireless connection in the Fanzone.

Here's the overall winner, Scott Pruett (Co-driven by Sandoval and Montoya) taking the checkered flag (flag is in the top left corner):

The second is the GT class winner just crossing the finish::

I'm the guy with the goofy-a## grin next to JPM. I'm going to try to see if I can talk to Boris Said today, some of my friends who came down from VA are into motorsports business and getting a Rolex series video game together and (check out www.idtsimulations.com) they said Mr. Said is an incredibly cool guy to talk with. I'm helping them get pics of all the Rolex DP and GT cars' liveries, so I have to leave right now so we can get there as soon as garages open.

Boris is one of the most easy to talk to, I've talked to him many a time over the years........