Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

It Starts

and so it begins, get used to it Alonso fans... :D:naughty:

Problems for McLaren in Valencia

Wednesday 17 January at 14:54 : At 14.45 Fernando Alonso parked his McLaren MP4/22 into the pitlane after his car lost power at circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia.

Alonso started testing today for the first time with the brand new McLaren MP4/22. After several short runs the world champion had to park his car, which was loosing oil and smoking, into the pitlane.

BMW Sauber is also testing in Valencia. Robert Kubica is driving today. The Polish Formula 1 star is doing longer runs. Just before lunch time Kubica had to stop his car on the track with a small elektronical problem.

www.dailyf1news article

In the first few weeks of testing a new car these kind of problems are to be expected. Alonso fans shouldnt start to get worried unless it occures frequently in April.

In the first few weeks of testing a new car these kind of problems are to be expected. Alonso fans shouldnt start to get worried unless it occures frequently in April.

I would still like to see a pic of this...

...and in May, June, july, August, September, November and maybe for Xmas Too! :lol:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Time for a new rest in peace engine thread Cav. :lol:

Great pic, the guy running behind looks to be saying, oh $hit! not good and the guy with the extinguasher is thinking, not another year of this.

Test

verb

1. To subject to a procedure that ascertains effectiveness, value, proper function, or other quality: assay, check, essay, examine, prove, try, try out. Idioms: bring to the test, make trial of, put to theprooftest. See investigate.

2. To subject to a test of knowledge or skill: check, examine, quiz. See investigate.

3. To engage in experiments: experiment. See investigate.

Funny how easily people throw out common knowledge when scrapping the barrel to try and regain their own confidence...

If they never break anything in a test they will never learn of any weak points ;)

He'll be okay. Better to make a fast car reliable than try to make a reliable car fast.

Great pic, the guy running behind looks to be saying, oh $hit! not good and the guy with the extinguasher is thinking, not another year of this.

I'd say the guy running behind is saying "So this is how a deja vu feels" while the guy with the fire extinguisher is saying "that's not supposed to happen unless you go faster than 30mph!"

^I'd bet so too.

Damn though, was really hoping it'd hold up a little better than this.

Fingers cross he doesn't blow up in Australia.

The problem, according to the McLaren website, was a small oil leak on a joint. The problem was quickly fixed and Fernando was able to continue. The picture above with the extinguisher is misleading (as the poster of it meant it to be). The team focused on a total shakedown of the car (including engine mapping) and Alonso was able to go a tenth quicker than both BMWs. Pretty good for a shakedown.

Link to article

It's also good to note that the oil leak came at the beginning of the session, was fixed, and Fernando went on to complete 56 or so laps. I would say this isn't a case of 'car breaking'.

There is nothing to read into it yet! If the same problem starts to re-occur over testing i would start getting worried!

Did Kimi have as many Car breakages when he drove for Sauber? I didnt think so! I Just feel that the Mclaren is a little bit Fragile than most of the other Cars.

I dont believe that any of the drivers in F1 are Car Breakers! Expect the Pay drivers!!!

Agreed. What i'm saying is worry when the car is going nowhere on the time sheets, not when it's breaking down on installation runs. This premature sensationalistic doomsaying keeps the forum busy but means nothing in reality.

It's actually a thread designed to be a 'dig' at me and my opinions about Kimi. Brad is on a one-man mission to post these things without thinking them through :P