Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rumblestrip

Hi, I'm New.

Hi everyone. Nice place you got here.

I'm an F1 fan. I've heard the first step is admitting it.

I was pretty immersed back in the late 80's, early 90's. Used to wake up at 6am Sunday morning to catch the races on ESPN with Bob Varsha and David Hobbs.

I liked most of the drivers, especially Alain Prost (don't hold that against me). I especially liked the in-car camera footage, though I liked it better when the cam was mounted over the driver's shoulder, rather than the fish-eye lenses up top like they use now (and yes, I know they used to use the fish-eyes back in the old days too).

As F1 changed, and it got to be more about the technology than the drivers, I started to lose interest, and I missed pretty much the entire decade between 96 and 06.

Lately, I've been stumbling across some good on-board footage on Youtube, and I think I've fallen off the wagon. I've been reading Eurosport, checking race dates, and preparing my DVR recorder (no more waking up at the crack of dawn, HAH!). I've even got my wife talked into seeing a race in person, probably Montreal.

So here I am. :cheers:

I'm an F1 fan. I've heard the first step is admitting it.

I was pretty immersed back in the late 80's, early 90's. Used to wake up at 6am Sunday morning to catch the races on ESPN with Bob Varsha and David Hobbs.

I liked most of the drivers, especially Alain Prost (don't hold that against me). I especially liked the in-car camera footage, though I liked it better when the cam was mounted over the driver's shoulder, rather than the fish-eye lenses up top like they use now (and yes, I know they used to use the fish-eyes back in the old days too).

As F1 changed, and it got to be more about the technology than the drivers, I started to lose interest, and I missed pretty much the entire decade between 96 and 06.

Lately, I've been stumbling across some good on-board footage on Youtube, and I think I've fallen off the wagon. I've been reading Eurosport, checking race dates, and preparing my DVR recorder (no more waking up at the crack of dawn, HAH!). I've even got my wife talked into seeing a race in person, probably Montreal.

So here I am. :cheers:

Welcome aboard pal! Once I wrote a long post describing many of our regular members. Two months laters and I already feel too old for that and came to like most of them so much it would not be even funny to write that again :lol:

Grab a chair and start your ramblings! The 2007 F1 circus is just getting started!

Cheers to you! :cheers:

Hello there Mr Rumblestrip! It's a rough and tumble ship here but this is our humble, but hip, abode. If we mumble, rest assured it's only a blip: normally we, rather too raucously, grumble and quip to each other. Sure, some posters tend to fumble and slip but if you happily bumble and skip around long enough you'll learn from the jumble and drip, drip, drip of ideas here that the true masters you have on hand never tumble, crumble or trip.

nice rhyme murray.Welcome Rumblestrip, Hope you enjoy your time here.

Me too. I see I'm a test driver. I hope I don't pack this thing into a barrier. ;)

Me too. I see I'm a test driver. I hope I don't pack this thing into a barrier.

don't worry about that, almost all drivers , veterans,aces crash into the barrier some time

Welcome.

Let me tell you this, if you want to fit well here, all you have to do is this Suppuort Ferrari, Kimi and Michael Schumacher and that's it, very easy Right? :naughty:

yup there will be many "priests" to show you the light at the end of the tunnel is of ferrari and if u support it you wont get run over.

Welcome Mate, from the Alonso supporters club!

G'day mate, welcome.

BTW who do you support now?

He support Ferrari, don't you see the red and Marlboro in the car in his sign, Only Ferrari have that combination. :eusa_think:

Hello All. wht's up? i've already given my intro in Mclaren mp4-22. :D

Welcome to you too.

Whenever you feel ready and disapointed, I can get you a Ferrari's fan application.

He support Ferrari, don't you see the red and Marlboro in the car in his sign, Only Ferrari have that combination. :eusa_think:

BUT, I think you will find that pic of Prost in the Sig is infact a MCLAREN!!! So do the Math.

Ps. I sure you will find Senna was just about to past Prost in that pic ^_^

Hello All. wht's up? i've already given my intro in Mclaren mp4-22. :D

Welcome To the guy with the longest name on the entire forum!!!

Enjoy your stay, and marvel at the masterful Alonso in the Sexy Mclaren in 2007!

Welcome aboard! Please beaware of some comments that can be a little harsh, but called a sense of humor. Wez is a perfect example of humorless comments. So have a great time! Cheers

Welcome aboard! Please beaware of some comments that can be a little harsh, but called a sense of humor. Wez is a perfect example of humorless comments. So have a great time! Cheers

HUH?????

I though they were quite funny...

Never the less welcome to the forum humorless Jag ^_^

HUH?????

I though they were quite funny...

Never the less welcome to the forum humorless Jag ^_^

Over one miilion comedians out of a job, yet you still try! You probably laugh at your own jokes.HUH??? Keep trying Wez!

Over one miilion comedians out of a job, yet you still try! You probably laugh at your own jokes.HUH??? Keep trying Wez!

Wow, Quite an entrance to the forum for the guy with the sense of humor of a deer with a hot poker up its a$$!

You have got to be a ferrari fan, Surely?

Wow, Quite an entrance to the forum for the guy with the sense of humor of a deer with a hot poker up its a$$!

You have got to be a ferrari fan, Surely?