Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldjaazz

Most Improved Poll 2007

Who will be "2007 Most Improved Team"  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be "2007 Most Improved Team"

• Renault
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Honda
    • BMW
    • Redbull
    • Toyota
    • Williams
    • STR
    • Super Aguri
    • Spyker / Ex Midland

Just as we are starting to see some action, i thought i might start a poll a little different?

If you wish you can post who you believe will be the Most Improved Driver as i was originally going to make that the topic, but there was alot of rookies and drivers who didnt complete the whole WDC in 2006.

Red Bull - no doubt their star is on the rise.

Whoever said money can't buy happiness (or F1 success) was some poor hippie. Just look at sad ole Sir Frank's tale of monetary woe... at least last year. Something tells me Williams will make a slight comeback too. The money from AT&T will help tremendously as will their toyota power....

Red Bull Racing will be the most improved team of 2007 :prayhands: (I say this before the car has even been launched) for the reasons that they now have a fast driver and a top designer in Webber & Newey.

Red Bull Racing will be the most improved team of 2007 :prayhands: (I say this before the car has even been launched) for the reasons that they now have a fast driver and a top designer in Webber & Newey.

As much as i would love it to be true, I read a Newy Interview recently and he didnt really talk up his car much?

As much as i would love it to be true, I read a Newy Interview recently and he didnt really talk up his car much?

I read the same interview; I take not talking up the car as a good sign rather than a bad one.

I define 'most improved' by moving up the most number of Championship places. I voted Williams. They could potentially move up at least 4 places, while RBR can only, realistically, move up 2 places.

Im having a hard time believing that 3 people voted for BMW as the new BMW doesnt look that imprssive to me and certainly doesnt look alot faster than their last years car.

Im having a hard time believing that 3 people voted for BMW as the new BMW doesnt look that imprssive to me and certainly doesnt look alot faster than their last years car.

Yeah, BMW have got Ferrari, Renault, McLaren and Honda to beat in order to have any hope of moving up. Not going to happen.

I was more on the line of thinking how much progress a team would make to the front, and i guess we are all educated on F1 and know how hard it is to beat the top 2 or 3. so if we look at it as the teams that are closer to the front like BMW there should be a sliding scale of some sought. but as i explained earlier, we all know what type of work it takes to bridge the gap closer and i feel that this should be put into consideration!

difficult one, and I'll go with ole Webber too

Webber actualy drove reasonably well in 2006 but whenever he got into a points paying position his car died. It happened so many times last year and each time i felt really bad for Mark.

Most Improved Driver: Rosberg maybe?

Most Improved Team: Red Bull, looking very promising, great driver line-up.

Super Aguri is the most obvious choice, and stand (Brazil barred) to make the most significant improvement due to the customer chassis.

Both RedBulls should, on paper due to the Newey Pomdomu(?) influence make leaps, but will not break into the top six, being: Toyota, BMW, Honda, Renault, Ferrari and McLaren (in that progressive order).

Spyker will make up the tail, the next eight spots on the grid is up for grabs. Hopefully Williams can upset Toyota.

Spyker / Ex Midland [ 2 ] [10.00%] = As they have 0 GP done.

IIRC, Spyker did two GP's in 2006. Sorry my friend, but for once your statistics fail you.

Regardless, keep the maths coming!

IIRC, Spyker did two GP's in 2006. Sorry my friend, but for once your statistics fail you.

Regardless, keep the maths coming!

Oke. Nice. Anyway Spyker has less GP made than any1 elz. So starting from zero (2hero?) is z easiest way to improve. And BTW i respect Gascoyne.

Oke. Nice. Anyway Spyker has less GP made than any1 elz. So starting from zero (2hero?) is z easiest way to improve. And BTW i respect Gascoyne.

Well, you might be right, but according to autosport Gascoyne has had a mental breakdown after getting the boot from Toyota. That saying, with far less resources i doubt he could do more for Spyker in 6 months than he did for Toyota in two years. Maybe for 2008 when customer chassis will become the norm for the independant teams...

Nice. I have a clue why Ranault has "0" votes. But why Honda and Toyota have "0" i just dunno.