Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldjaazz

Most Improved Poll 2007

Who will be "2007 Most Improved Team"  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be "2007 Most Improved Team"

• Renault
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Honda
    • BMW
    • Redbull
    • Toyota
    • Williams
    • STR
    • Super Aguri
    • Spyker / Ex Midland

Red Bull will not improve as much as the elements promise, that i am sure of, neither will Honda. BMW saw much improvement through the year last year but i believe their gains will be smaller this year. Williams are in a transistional learning phase and Spyker will be at the back.

By virtue of chassis sharing, the biggest movers, i believe will be STR and Super Aguri; the latter making the biggest jump as they go from the back of the grid to mid field respectability with a better than average car.

The biggest certainty however is that come March, as usual, i will be completely wrong.

I think red bull. They may only move up 2 or 3 places in the order but in 2006 they were slow and rubbish, and in 2007 they are expected to consistenly be in the top 10

I was more on the line of thinking how much progress a team would make to the front, and i guess we are all educated on F1 and know how hard it is to beat the top 2 or 3. so if we look at it as the teams that are closer to the front like BMW there should be a sliding scale of some sought. but as i explained earlier, we all know what type of work it takes to bridge the gap closer and i feel that this should be put into consideration!

This seems very smokey to me. Certainly the only credible measurement is points, no?

Oke. No surprize to know Renault and STR has "0" votes. But Toyota still has "0" - anybody wish to comment ?

Oke. No surprize to know Renault and STR has "0" votes. But Toyota still has "0" - anybody wish to comment ?

What have they done in the past to expect anything different?

What have they done in the past to expect anything different?

2005: 4th in CC - Toyota - 88 pts. Why expect anything different ?

And what done RBR in the past to have 8 votes ?

What I mean is that they have never been consistent enough to deserve a vote.

And for the record I didnt give a vote to Red Bull. I think they could be setting themselves up for a big fall.

How can you have a question like this when the season hasn't started yet? DUMB!!!!!!!

RBR got a good designer (newey) and thus got 8 votes

How can you have a question like this when the season hasn't started yet? DUMB!!!!!!!

I can see where you are coming from pump. Should the poll should have been named "Who has the potential to be the most improved team of 2007".

I think people have been voting on potential anyway. Hence Red Bull leading the poll at the moment.

I can see where you are coming from pump. Should the poll should have been named "Who has the potential to be the most improved team of 2007".

I think people have been voting on potential anyway. Hence Red Bull leading the poll at the moment.

Exactly, i thought that most people would have got it!

&

It's not stupid either..

we havent even seen all the new cars yet and what drivers are saying about their new cars, so it is almost impossible to say!

if you had a poll for the worst performing team(considering its budget) toyota would have been on the lead.

if you had a poll for the worst performing team(considering its budget) toyota would have been on the lead.

Same idea in other words: Rank of Teams by Performance /by/ Budgets ? In example: how much does 1 point costs ? What is the prise of 1 point for Teams ?

I have no doubt Mclaren will improve massively this season... Other teams to up their 2006 form will be Bmw, Honda & Super Aguri.

Same idea in other words: Rank of Teams by Performance /by/ Budgets ? In example: how much does 1 point costs ? What is the prise of 1 point for Teams ?

As far as I know the f1 budgets in 2006 were something like:

1. Toyota (6)

2. Ferrari (2)

3. Mclaren (3)

4. Renault (1)

5. Honda (4)

6. Bmw (5)

I do know that Renault have cup their budget significantly for 2007, and possibly Ferrari too.

Bmw have upped theirs along with Red Bull.

For performance look no further than the manufacturers standings in brackets.

So I guess taking budget/performance into account it would look as follows:

1. Renault

2. Honda

3. Bmw

4. Ferrari

5. Mclaren

6. Toyota

As far as I know the f1 budgets in 2006 were something like:

1. Toyota (6)

2. Ferrari (2)

3. Mclaren (3)

4. Renault (1)

5. Honda (4)

6. Bmw (5)

Oke. We can divide numbers for efficience like (X point costs Z mln$\€): Toyota 1\6, Ferrari 2\2, McLaren 3\3, Renault 4\1, Honda 5\4, BMW 6\5.

And ranked`1 by best comparsion: Renault 4, Honda 1.25, BMW 1.2, Ferrari 1, McLaren 1, Toyota 0.17 ?

But it is may be too approximately. We can take real 2006 points like: Toyota 35\1, Ferrari 201\2, McLaren 110\3, Renault 206\4, Honda 86\5, BMW 36\6.

And ranked`2 by best comparsion: Ferrari 100.5 , Renault 51.5 , McLaren 36.7 , Toyota 35 , Honda 17.2 , BMW 6 .

Maybe rank`2 is wrong as we must make it so: Toyota 35\6, Ferrari 201\2, McLeren 110\3, Renault 206\4, Honda 86\4, BMW 36\5.

Weird rank ? Even for me. Maybe we must know exact sums of every team budget ? I guess. I gonna go to sleep ASAP. Morning is wiser than evening. Bye.

Well I think the most improved team will be Williams as I don't see how they can do much worse... without trying to jinx it.

Well I think the most improved team will be Williams as I don't see how they can do much worse... without trying to jinx it.

Williams could have more points in 2007 than in 2006. But less than in 2005. So "W" can improve. A bit or two.

And maybe z only team that can do better anyway is Spyker. As they have yet 0 GP done. And also i like Gascoyne.

Hello guys..its my first post, although i read the forum regularly...I think RBR will be most improved in 2007 followed by Honda, then SuperAguri . i took into account the engine development freeze, a control brand tyre and looking at each teams driver's traits and statistics...... Although I am always wrong with my predictions!! I also hope the freeze on engine development for a few years in 2007 make a difference to the younger, smaller budget teams, as planned, and deliver us closer racing over the WHOLE season..

I think so.

Wouldn't be his team-mate would it? :P

---

The freeze on engine development should be very good. And we won't see teams falling back and quiting.