Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Where Do We Stand

What do you think?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are this kind of posts acceptable?

• No, some action should have been taken by the moderators
    • No, but I don't favour moderation of the site at all
    • Yes, this is perfectly acceptable
    • Don't care
  2. 2. Is it fair that the moderators treat people unequally, and hand out bans only to certain people?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
  3. 3. Do you think racism and spreading racial hatred should be allowed on the forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Ok, personally I doubt if I am going to bother with this site any more, but I am genuinely baffled and curious as to whether everyone thinks the way this place is being run by two hypocritical fools is acceptable. Is there some plot, some hidden caveat to this site that I am unaware of, or does everyone think that this kind of behaviour is acceptable and fair, or simply doesn't care? What on earth is going on on this site? Is everyone else blissfully happy to let this site become a centre for racists? Yes the big 'R' word, often misused, yet very appropriate here.

I am a bit sad, and totally befuddled..

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry166192

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry166190

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry166187

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry166185

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry166180

The 'R' word? As in ridiculous, as in you?

This is just too funny. Ever see Spinal Tap? Well you are the equivalent as a tifoso.

UNSW 2007: Faculty of Computing; Be there!

The 'R' word? As in ridiculous, as in you?

This is just too funny. Ever see Spinal Tap? Well you are the equivalent as a tifoso.

UNSW 2007: Faculty of Computing; Be there!

Your the main reason why racial topics come up and every time they do someone gets upset. It happened to Jenson_rules a month ago and now its happening to Cavallino. This is a F1 website and there is no place for racists hear. Im sure you can find some neo nazi forums on the internet where you will feel right at home.

i guess we know aal know who voted "Yes, this is perfectly acceptable [ 1 ] [33.33%] "

yep! and I am ashamed that he is a Mclaren fan! :frusty::thbdn:

Your the main reason why racial topics come up and every time they do someone gets upset. It happened to Jenson_rules a month ago and now its happening to Cavallino. This is a F1 website and there is no place for racists hear. Im sure you can find some neo nazi forums on the internet where you will feel right at home.

Be as upset as you like mr. aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi, i have not started any political nor racial threads for over a month, yet you seem deemed to brand my nationalistic threads any worse than yours? Thats rich.

i guess we know aal know who voted "Yes, this is perfectly acceptable [ 1 ] [33.33%] "

Correct. Freedom of speach is valued highly in any Wetsren society. If you want to infest our way of life with your primitive thinking, do that on your own accord, but you should not bit the hand that feeds you.

Be as upset as you like mr. aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi, i have not started any political nor racial threads for over a month, yet you seem deemed to brand my nationalistic threads any worse than yours? Thats rich.

I have never ever made any derogatory remarks in regards to a persons race or religion and have never started a thread deliberately designed to upset other members of this forum.

Hmmm, this is gonna be a hot topic.

I've only been here a day, so I prefer to form my own opinions of people. Especially since I wasn't here during any of the aforementioned infractions and don't know what led up to them.

Correct. Freedom of speach is valued highly in any Wetsren society. If you want to infest our way of life with your primitive thinking, do that on your own accord, but you should not bit the hand that feeds you.

I never said it was bad or good i just got that you probably voted that your behavior was allright, i never said anything about freedom of speech or western society.

Hmmm, this is gonna be a hot topic.

I've only been here a day, so I prefer to form my own opinions of people. Especially since I wasn't here during any of the aforementioned infractions and don't know what led up to them.

I hate topics like this as we do tend to loose people as they decide that this forum isnt worth it on the account of afew iindividuals.

Sorry. And i apologize beforehand. I just voted "do-not-care"x*3. I really dislike rasizm, hatred, treating, aggression, bannings. Just i`m not much in this exact topic as i visit just some forum`s topix. Sorry.

Cav, Cav, Cav. You are paranoid my boy. Leave if you like, i won't give a tuppeny f*ck. I suggest you calm down, stay and enjoy the site. There is no 'must annoy Cav' plot', it's in your head.

I vote "No, some action should have been taken by the moderators" because the posts were getting disruptive to the forum, for certain members in particular. "No" to the 2nd question, which must be taken to mean I don't think it would be fair for the mods to discriminate against people here, rather than the literal meaning that they do (it's a slightly leading question). As to the third, I will defend everyone's right to express their opinion, no matter how offensive or ignorant.

I hope you know, Cav, that I want you to stay. You're one of the smartest and most interesting characters on the forum. Only one member of the forum makes these pathetic posts, and even he does it just to p**s you off. I think you should just put him on ignore.

drib i am sorry to say it is not cav's fault he is just highlighting it out. i don't think he is paranois but is just annoyed with the fact that no action has been taken against ctrl. and after looking at these posts there is seriously not enough action taken against ctrl. and just recently he dissed mock as well. i mean it is not a very nice thing to do. in a forum where we want peace and no rasicm or calling names which people do not like

I vote "No, some action should have been taken by the moderators" because the posts were getting disruptive to the forum, for certain members in particular. "No" to the 2nd question, which must be taken to mean I don't think it would be fair for the mods to discriminate against people here, rather than the literal meaning that they do (it's a slightly leading question). As to the third, I will defend everyone's right to express their opinion, no matter how offensive or ignorant.

I hope you know, Cav, that I want you to stay. You're one of the smartest and most interesting characters on the forum. Only one member of the forum makes these pathetic posts, and even he does it just to p**s you off. I think you should just put him on ignore.

so do you condemn the action taken by france(i think) when they put the guy into jail who said and advertised that jews were not killed in WW2 did not exist?????

I agree with you Murray.

drib i am sorry to say it is not cav's fault he is just highlighting it out. i don't think he is paranois but is just annoyed with the fact that no action has been taken against ctrl. and after looking at these posts there is seriously not enough action taken against ctrl. and just recently he dissed mock as well. i mean it is not a very nice thing to do. in a forum where we want peace and no rasicm or calling names which people do not like

I agree. I have no problem with most topics and i actaully enjoy argueing on this forum as long as no one is offended and if the arguement does stray into that territory i back off. I do however hate any thread where the main topic is race as they can never end well.

We can either have real free speech, in which case I would decide whether it's worth it depending on how overt and disruptive thsi kind of posters are. Or we can have a consistent set of rules for everyone, which credible moderators try to apply yo the best of their ability, instead of the present clueless duo. What we have now is either blatant callous autocracy, or an almost unfathomable degree of stupidity in our appointed leaders.

It is not a leading question or a loaded question. That the moderators haev consistently discriminated against certain members and shielded others is a fact. I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. I repeat out of the 5 posts I have listed here, or many many he has made before, even one would haev gotten me or many other members of this forum banned instantenously.

I hate topics like this as we do tend to loose people as they decide that this forum isnt worth it on the account of afew iindividuals.

That's unfortunate. I've been on a lot of different forums for a lot of different subjects, and while most of them are fine, you do occasionally get some friction between members. Sometimes it's easy to just ignore someone's comment or thread, but sometimes it's not, especially if it's something personal directed at you.

It's always a shame to lose good, contributing members over things like this, so sometimes you have to have a "referee" to step in and calm things down. Generally I'm in favor of the least amount of moderation needed to maintain a civil environment, but in the end it's up to the forum owner to run the place as they see fit. If someone says something that bothers me, I just try to steer clear.

so do you condemn the action taken by france(i think) when they put the guy into jail who said and advertised that jews were not killed in WW2 did not exist?????

David Irving was jailed in Austria for playing down aspects of the Holocaust. Interestingly, Germany is still going on about banning Holocaust denial across the EU. To answer your question, yes I think that kind of censorship is disgraceful. Everyone is entitled to have their own view, and to present their case in an appropriate way, on any issue. There is no better way for us all as a society to test our own beliefs. Look at it this way: if you don't think you can easily win an argument against someone like that then perhaps you shouldn't be disagreeing with him, let alone trying to silence him.

+1 Agreed. Ignore list - is a good way to make our forum talks more comfortable. Just use it. Sometimes.

We can either have real free speech, in which case I would decide whether it's worth it depending on how overt and disruptive thsi kind of posters are. Or we can have a consistent set of rules for everyone, which credible moderators try to apply yo the best of their ability, instead of the present clueless duo. What we have now is either blatant callous autocracy, or an almost unfathomable degree of stupidity in our appointed leaders.

It is not a leading question or a loaded question. That the moderators haev consistently discriminated against certain members and shielded others is a fact. I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. I repeat out of the 5 posts I have listed here, or many many he has made before, even one would haev gotten me or many other members of this forum banned instantenously.

Yeah I've already said above and elsewhere he should have been penalised for the sheer disruptiveness of all his posts. I tend to agree tbh that you might have been banned for equivalent outbursts. Can't you just put him on ignore though? No one else pays any attention to him anyway.