Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Where Do We Stand

What do you think?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are this kind of posts acceptable?

• No, some action should have been taken by the moderators
    • No, but I don't favour moderation of the site at all
    • Yes, this is perfectly acceptable
    • Don't care
  2. 2. Is it fair that the moderators treat people unequally, and hand out bans only to certain people?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
  3. 3. Do you think racism and spreading racial hatred should be allowed on the forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

How does that solve the moderator problem? I categorically refuse to be part of a forum run by emperors pumpdoc and ecapdeville. I equally refuse to be part of a forum where members simply stand and watch this kind of discrimination or indulge in cosy pacifism. Unless something drastic happens, this I am afraid, is it.

We've all spoken out against it. Don't forget he's insulted many people including me. I'd rather he was banned, but I don't really see the problem with just ignoring his stupid posts.

How does that solve the moderator problem? I categorically refuse to be part of a forum run by emperors pumpdoc and ecapdeville. I equally refuse to be part of a forum where members simply stand and watch this kind of discrimination or indulge in cosy pacifism. Unless something drastic happens, this I am afraid, is it.

The only way I think you can decide, one way or another, is if you name somebody whose judgement you trust and ask them for their honest opinion on the questions you have posed.

The only way I think you can decide, one way or another, is if you name somebody whose judgement you trust and ask them for their honest opinion on the questions you have posed.

Pabloh; you have got an interesting point bout what is wrong with society. It is very easy to critize authorites and say they are stupid and should be changed but often they are the only options available.

Ps:- i am not saying that ctrl is right. i think he should be bannned. but to choose another unbaised member is always hard.

I have sent huge pms and emails, I cannot post them here though, because I am not allowed to and because they were personal when they were sent. I would be willing to listen to anyone cogniscant with the facts who can argue that the moderators have not acted in a consistently unfair manner.

Anyway, cheerio...

PS: I'll remove a reference in the first post. Although factually correct, it will cloud the real issue. It is immaterial which members have been unfair treated, the point is that it has happened consistently and incessantly.

I also forgot to point out the sticky, so kindly palce in every forum b y our esteemed moderator, after they had a rare fit of summary justice.

Pabloh; you have got an interesting point bout what is wrong with society. It is very easy to critize authorites and say they are stupid and should be changed but often they are the only options available.

Ps:- i am not saying that ctrl is right. i think he should be bannned. but to choose another unbaised member is always hard.

AJ, perhaps I wasn't quite clear, sorry. I was only suggesting Cav might pick somebody whose judgement he trusts on here to help him decide if he is bewildered and befuddled. :D You know he could do it by pm, or whatever, it was just a thought. I wasn't trying to get into any argument or anything about moderation or whatever, just maybe Cav would be able to get a 2nd viewpoint to confirm hos own, or maybe not, as the case may be.

I have sent huge pms and emails, I cannot post them here though, because I am not allowed to and because they were personal when they were sent. I would be willing to listen to anyone cogniscant with the facts who can argue that the moderators have not acted in a consistently unfair manner.

Anyway, cheerio...

Well, I hope you don't go Cav, I enjoy your posts on here. I would like to say, and I don't mean to offend you in any way (quite the opposite in fact), but I think you are better than this, I think you are more than capable of rising above it, I really do.

yeah cav, you should not go just coz of ctrl and his rubbish posts. it would be sad to see the good leave coz the bad refused to go. If a virus refuses to go we don't stop using computers, we just fnd ways to go around them or heal/delete them. Hope you decide to change your mind

I dislike Cav as much (nay More) then the next man, but I actually agree with his topic here......

If I hadn't gone crazy during the intial stages of moderating, due to the crazyiness, I'd of done something had these posts been brought to my attention. So based on that I HAVE to agree something should be done.

Personally, I disike Cav too but honestly, ctrl has gone way too far with those comments tht the links are for. I'm quite disgusted by his comments and I'm very shocked he has not yet been banned.

I never understand it when someone takes a comment 'personally' on an internet forum. Isn't that, by definition almost impossible? If someone knows me, has met me and therefore had the opportunity to decide on how they interract with me it becomes very personal if they attack me unreasonsably. If i am not privvy to their body language, nuances, whether they are attentive, listen respectfully without interrupting and whether they shower and brush their teeth for me, how on earth can i be offended?

For the record, i have bathed in asses milk, am wearing a silk robe and have put on some nice music for you all.

[quote name='Jenson_Rules!!!' post='167327' date='Jan 19 2007, 08:29 PM']Personally, I disike Cav too but honestly, ctrl has gone way too far with those comments tht the links are for. I'm quite disgusted by his comments and I'm very shocked he has not yet been banned.[/quote]

There are a lot of comments that get personal towards people who enter these forums. Three perfect example are Wez, Autoracer5, and pumpdoc.I have yet to see these 3 people get banned for their personal attacks made on other people who simply try to express an opinion whether it be right or wrong. It certainly proves there is bias directed towards some people. Thank you

Personally, I disike Cav too but honestly, ctrl has gone way too far with those comments tht the links are for. I'm quite disgusted by his comments and I'm very shocked he has not yet been banned.

Cav, you and I are and will be in opposite sides in most situations (F1 wise, at least). Yet, as part of the "loyal opposition" I respect you very much. Your posts must be wrong from my POV, many times too controversial also, but always enjoyable and never simplistic. As such, your leave would certainly impoverish this forum. No fun if everyone agrees. So I won't beg you to stay but know I would rather see you around to cross spades with further during season!

Now, I believe in freedom of speech as much as the next guy. Yet, every system has the right to defend itself, that's what laws are for. "Laissez faire" has its limits. In any democratic society you have the right to say or do anything, as long as it doesn't affects some basic principles. I totally support that behavior. I don't mind any posts even ones I don't agree with (most of what Cav writes, for example). Now if someone would post links to child abuse sites would that be allowed on behalf of free speech? I don't think so. Just like child abuse, racism is a crime. Don't get me wrong, you can joke about my semitic origins all night and as long as it is good natured I will surely laugh. Ctrl300 is not joking (does anyone still believes he is?). So, without any doubts, he should be banned.

Anyways, I also think that we must have trust in our moderators. They have obviously banned him many times (if not, it looked like). I am more in favor of banning him many times than banning him completely at first time. Everyone, even guys like him, deserve a second chance and a third possible. Personally I think he has proven enough times that he won't change, though. Yet, like many said here, we are wasting too much time with this little scum. He feeds on all this attention and we can't put him in jail (if I lived where he lives and knew his address I would certainly warn the police, though!) So Cav, show that you are better than him, ignore him and stop getting into a fight with Ecap and Bruce which at least since I started have kept this forum good enough for us all to love it. Don't forget that they too have to read many posts they don't agree with (I was warned by them too) yet I've never felt a sense of unequality here. If they were over tolerant maybe it was a mistake, but that is a 1000 times better than the other way around.

Your second question was misleading, it already assumed wrong behaviour from the moderators and I have no grounds to accept that.

As for the last question, I already replied above, no it should not be accepted in any way.

Anyways, just ignore the little fukcer...unless you consider the joy of our company (meaning everybody except Ctrl300) are not worth the effort! :lol:

Let's move on and let him rot in his own hatred. You know how inferiority complex works. This guy is a classical example.

*OFF TOPIC*

By the way, Its good to have you back, Ben. You left right after a post of mine, I hope it wasn't my post what offended you!

There are a lot of comments that get personal towards people who enter these forums. Three perfect example are Wez, Autoracer5, and pumpdoc.I have yet to see these 3 people get banned for their personal attacks made on other people who simply try to express an opinion whether it be right or wrong. It certainly proves there is bias directed towards some people. Thank you

You may be right about that but I have never had a problem with these three. They're not from my street though. They hang out on the other side of town. I know of them and i am sure they know of me. If we do meet i'm sure it will be fine.

You may be right about that but I have never had a problem with these three. They're not from my street though. They hang out on the other side of town. I know of them and i am sure they know of me. If we do meet i'm sure it will be fine.

One thing for sure is that what is good for one is good for all. Everyone should be banned for comments that go beyond what is acceptable. Why is it that some people can make personal comments or may i say attacks towards others and not be banned. There is a need for equality. I personally feel there is. Thank you for listening

Hey! you remember me!

well, ctrl300 warning had been increased again, he is approaching fast to the red square...

so if you think you are the only one who is punished here you are wrong.

Hey! you remember me!

well, ctrl300 warning had been increased again, he is approaching fast to the red square...

so if you think you are the only one who is punished here you are wrong.

Are Wez, pumpdoc, and Autoracer fast approaching the red square as well. It would be interesting to know. Comments they have made towards a couple of commentors i have read [abbas gear, a fan, and i could go on] have gone beyond what is acceptable. Who are the administraters that police these forums and why do they not ban these 3? Fair is fair!

There is a need for equality.

And perspective. A bull isn't provoked unless you throw it a red rag.

If Cav decides to go, then it's his choice and I wouldn't try to persuade him otherwise but the forum will be poorer for his leaving. I don't often agree with him but his posts are, in the main, intelligent and well reasoned, and I usually enjoy reading them.

I have no problem with Bruce or Eduardo and the way they moderate this place - they will always manage to upset someone whatever course they take - it's a poisoned chalice they have in their hands.

Who are the administraters that police these forums and why do they not ban these 3? Fair is fair!

mmmmhhh a novice...

gain more days here first...

I have no problem with Bruce or Eduardo and the way they moderate this place - they will always manage to upset someone whatever course they take - it's a poisoned chalice they have in their hands.

Thank you Monza :rolleyes:

I know that pumpdoc has banned himself once in the recent past, so everyone can just delete his name from the list. As to the rest I have no clue. I've looked through Cav's links and see only one instance of a ban-able offense (the thread where he insults a poster personally). The other comments are general ones not directed at any member, so they can fall under 'free speech'.

Stay or leave as you like but I can tell you that you'll never have as much fun elsewhere as you have here. Think on that before you leave this little pub.

Cheers.