Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Where Do We Stand

What do you think?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are this kind of posts acceptable?

• No, some action should have been taken by the moderators
    • No, but I don't favour moderation of the site at all
    • Yes, this is perfectly acceptable
    • Don't care
  2. 2. Is it fair that the moderators treat people unequally, and hand out bans only to certain people?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
  3. 3. Do you think racism and spreading racial hatred should be allowed on the forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

mmmmhhh a novice...

gain more days here first...

May I ask you a question? Are you one of the administraters? I can only think so by this comment. If I'm wrong, I apoligize. Also, I'm sorry but one does not need to gain more days here to know what is acceptable. Thank you

There are a lot of comments that get personal towards people who enter these forums. Three perfect example are Wez, Autoracer5, and pumpdoc.I have yet to see these 3 people get banned for their personal attacks made on other people who simply try to express an opinion whether it be right or wrong. It certainly proves there is bias directed towards some people. Thank you

Yes, you are obviously someone's second account.....

Not a novice, he's someone's second account.

No. Just someone who has been reading these forums since christmas. A friend I work with recommended this site because of its racing content.

No. Just someone who has been reading these forums since christmas. A friend I work with recommended this site because of its racing content.

Your friend has good taste. Think of this as a local pub that occasionally gets rowdy. Think of the moderators as the barkeeps that cudgel you if you swing a fist at another patron. Say something offensive, well, we are all grown ups and can brush that off, but go for someone personally and you get the stick. Go with that image and you'll get the proper perspective, I think.

If you truly are new (and I still have my doubts), then welcome.

Your friend has good taste. Think of this as a local pub that occasionally gets rowdy. Think of the moderators as the barkeeps that cudgel you if you swing a fist at another patron. Say something offensive, well, we are all grown ups and can brush that off, but go for someone personally and you get the stick. Go with that image and you'll get the proper perspective, I think.

If you truly are new (and I still have my doubts), then welcome.

Thanks! I hope you're right, but I believe if someone makes a comment that shows little respect towards one's opinion [ right or wrong ] it is unacceptable to belittle them for it. Are we not adults here?

If Cav decides to go, then it's his choice and I wouldn't try to persuade him otherwise but the forum will be poorer for his leaving. I don't often agree with him but his posts are, in the main, intelligent and well reasoned, and I usually enjoy reading them.

I have no problem with Bruce or Eduardo and the way they moderate this place - they will always manage to upset someone whatever course they take - it's a poisoned chalice they have in their hands.

I think we have had this conversation before, MG! :D All of the people aren't going to be pleased all of the time, that much is certain.

Besides, we all know banning Hermy isn't going to achieve anything, unless the moderators don't allow any more new members - if he is banned completely, he will only use a new user name. We will all know it's him, though, he has shown he is a leopard who can't change his spots, so he will come out with the same rubbish he always does. I think it's better just to follow a quote from Heartbreak Ridge - don't give the pr!ck the satisfaction.

Thanks! I hope you're right, but I believe if someone makes a comment that shows little respect towards one's opinion [ right or wrong ] it is unacceptable to belittle them for it. Are we not adults here?

Possibly not - there may be some children present! :D

I think we have had this conversation before, MG! :D All of the people aren't going to be pleased all of the time, that much is certain.

Besides, we all know banning Hermy isn't going to achieve anything, unless the moderators don't allow any more new members - if he is banned completely, he will only use a new user name. We will all know it's him, though, he has shown he is a leopard who can't change his spots, so he will come out with the same rubbish he always does. I think it's better just to follow a quote from Heartbreak Ridge - don't give the pr!ck the satisfaction.

I like the comment about written rules at the bottom of your page. So true!

We are adults and should be able to take comments like adults without needed a nanny standing over us, protecting us. Many comment have been said about my country, the U.S., and it's citizens. Most of those comments are derogatory and inflammatory. What then should I do? Whine (whinge for our british friends) to the moderators or handle it myself? I choose to handle what I can and ignore the rest. If I have a personal beef with someone, I handle it via PM or, as a last resort, I use the 'ignore' feature. These are the actions of an adult. These are the actions I expect from fellow adults. Moderators are only there to ensure one poster isn't being personally singled out with hatred, they are not there to be your parents.

We are adults and should be able to take comments like adults without needed a nanny standing over us, protecting us. Many comment have been said about my country, the U.S., and it's citizens. Most of those comments are derogatory and inflammatory. What then should I do? Whine (whinge for our british friends) to the moderators or handle it myself? I choose to handle what I can and ignore the rest. If I have a personal beef with someone, I handle it via PM or, as a last resort, I use the 'ignore' feature. These are the actions of an adult. These are the actions I expect from fellow adults. Moderators are only there to ensure one poster isn't being personally singled out with hatred, they are not there to be your parents.

What you trying to say, eh - that the British are whingers?? :lol:

As I was saying above, Mike, presumably there are some younger members on here, I am guessing not all the posters are adults.

*OFF TOPIC*

By the way, Its good to have you back, Ben. You left right after a post of mine, I hope it wasn't my post what offended you!

thank you and i cant remember who it was tht p**sed me off

Are Wez, pumpdoc, and Autoracer fast approaching the red square as well. It would be interesting to know. Comments they have made towards a couple of commentors i have read [abbas gear, a fan, and i could go on] have gone beyond what is acceptable. Who are the administraters that police these forums and why do they not ban these 3? Fair is fair!

Wez, bruce and chris are sound people and there is no reason whatsoever for them to be banned. Get some experience before making personal comments about the members on here!

Even through sleep deprivation might be taking a toll on you, there is still wisdom in your posts, my friend :clap3:

Even through sleep deprivation might be taking a toll on you, there is still wisdom in your posts, my friend :clap3:

Hey, Andres, didn't think you would still be here! Enjoyed your earlier posts, my friend, just haven't had time to respond to them with the same justice as they were delivered! :lol:

Wez, bruce and chris are sound people and there is no reason whatsoever for them to be banned. Get some experience before making personal comments about the members on here!

Hummm! :eusa_think: Experience. It requires experience to understand an insult. Interesting. Thanks for letting me know.

Mental note: wait until Ben gets drunk before posting anything that can p**s him off :naughty: Just kidding!

I agree with the whole post, by the way.

I have never used the "ignore" button and never will. Hiding under the bedclothes won't keep the monsters at bay.

I have never used the "ignore" button and never will. Hiding under the bedclothes won't keep the monsters at bay.

Indeed!

I vote "No, some action should have been taken by the moderators" because the posts were getting disruptive to the forum, for certain members in particular. "No" to the 2nd question, which must be taken to mean I don't think it would be fair for the mods to discriminate against people here, rather than the literal meaning that they do (it's a slightly leading question). As to the third, I will defend everyone's right to express their opinion, no matter how offensive or ignorant.

I hope you know, Cav, that I want you to stay. You're one of the smartest and most interesting characters on the forum. Only one member of the forum makes these pathetic posts, and even he does it just to p**s you off. I think you should just put him on ignore.

I agree with you Murray, I was thinking about how good is having Cav in this forum a few hours ago and now this, well anyway, Cav is good to have you in this forum, I hope you stay and don't mind about other person coment, just don't let it bother you, ignore it my friend, you have a pretty good knowledge and I am learning a lot from you so don't leave.

Personally, I disike Cav too but honestly, ctrl has gone way too far with those comments tht the links are for. I'm quite disgusted by his comments and I'm very shocked he has not yet been banned.

Welcome back old bean!!!

Cav its only 1 member posting racist comments, just ignore him. The forum itself is still full of interesting F1-related debate. And its a lot better than other f1 forums out there

The forum itself is still full of interesting F1-related debate. And its a lot better than other f1 forums out there

I agree. This forum is the perfect size in my opinion. Its not to big so you dont get to know each member but its not so small that you cant have a decent discussion.

I agree. This forum is the perfect size in my opinion. Its not to big so you dont get to know each member but its not so small that you cant have a decent discussion.

Yes. There is also the exact ratio of knowledge over sheer passion in here so as not to be one of those boring forums out there (I've been watching the enemy :lol: )

And like someone else said (regretfuly I don't remember whom) we are like a close-knit disfunctional family.

Seems a shame that members like this can drive, good decent, long time members like Cav away.

This is a pretty great forum, and like others have recommended, the Ignore List is pretty much the only answer for the moment.