Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Where Do We Stand

What do you think?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are this kind of posts acceptable?

• No, some action should have been taken by the moderators
    • No, but I don't favour moderation of the site at all
    • Yes, this is perfectly acceptable
    • Don't care
  2. 2. Is it fair that the moderators treat people unequally, and hand out bans only to certain people?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care
  3. 3. Do you think racism and spreading racial hatred should be allowed on the forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

It is hard to tell sometimes but some of ctrl300's comments are clearly racist. If people are punished for comments like that then i will be happy.

There are people who have said things a lot worse than ctrl300's comments and they are the first to whine when he comes up with supposedly racist comments

There are people who have said things a lot worse than ctrl300's comments and they are the first to whine when he comes up with supposedly racist comments

Whenever a person makes a racist comment they should be warned by the moderators. I dont care who they are.

Sorry racist is to subjective, it's up to peer pressure to ignore the stupidity, or take the offensive way off topic. When you reply to such post' it only emboldens them.........

Agreed.

Cav - I said it before and I'll say it again, you are better than this. It doesn't matter if there is more than 1 member causing the problem, or that you don't agree with the moderation, there are plenty of other people here who enjoy talking/debating with you and I know you enjoy the debates too, so just ignore anything else and have debates with people you enjoy talking to.

You give yourself to much credit, I never applied or asked to mod, it was only after Antonia was run off by the jackles and some other that i can't remember his name that i was asked by Wes.........

When I said memories are short, I did not mean mine. Please don't become a revisionist. I make it my business to get facts right. You weren't asked sir, you applied.

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?sh...amp;#entry70667

pumpdoc had previously applied and I reconsidered the application
....and yes there is a mods only thread for us to discuss what go's on in this forum, as any forum has......

Other forums do not tell their members 'you do not know what goes on behind closed doors' in answer to a simple question about forum policy. Forum policy is clearly listed, and this is the only forum where members are treated differently according to the inclination of the commander in chief. You don't answer those questions and we don't have aq forum policy that explicitly states that people will be treated the same for the same offence because you don't want one. That would place a limit on your current limitless power. Once again, you were not asked, you were initially rejected as a moderator and were chosen as one on the recommendation of people including me (anyone can dig through old threads to discover that). As such whether you accept or not, I consider you to be directly accountable to me and other members of this forum.

P.s. most covenant that you single me out, how about the other mods, Wes have they answered your inquiries?
What other mods? Jens' involvement is limited to telling me to please not clog his mailbox if I report a post so I ahev had to stop doing that. nojvnof1 has left. Ecapdeville's moderation is limited to a bumbling benevolence, which would be utterly harmless if it wasn't in tandem with your policies, when he conveniently edits out posts which might get his favourite members out of trouble. To his credit, he wouldn't treat members unfairly, nor would he launch into an abusive attack onto another member like you did. My problem with him is the refusal to take a stand rather than the stand he does take. By himself, he would be harmless, but with you running rampant, we need the other moderators to restore some sanity, where he has sadly failed.

As for Wes, you of course know the story and the question is merely rhetorical. For the benefit of the other emmbers I will recount it. Initially when the moderators were appointed, it was intended as a regime much more open and less malevolent, unlike the ban happy one we have now. For a while we actually had a moderator abuse forum, where we could raise questions about moderation on this website. Due to mistakes by the earlier moderators, and equally the extremely hostile response from many members towards the moderators, things went awry. That forum was closed down, no less than 3 mods resigned and for a period, no mention of moderators was allowed on the forum. Since then Wes has never directly tackled or discussed the issue of moderation on the forum, and frankly you can't blame him. Things did get bad. However the mistakes of the moderators at that time were miniscule compared to the kind of clueless hypocrisy we have seen of late. More importantly, for much lesser crimes, both the moderators accepted their mistakes and chose to resign. Brude has been guilty of all that and far more, yet holds on to that position as if it is a birthright, while he has gone from being a good moderator to that hostile couldn't care less attitude that we have today. The signs were there, I remember you needlessly locking threads, but now you haev completely lost grip over yourself.

Sorry racist is to subjective, it's up to peer pressure to ignore the stupidity, or take the offensive way off topic. When you reply to such post' it only emboldens them.........

No. You have chosen to govern by the rule that everything is subjective, and therefore your subjective interpretation is always right. You aer of course evading the issue entirely. The question is not what we should do about those posts - ignore them or respond. The question is whether your decision to let those posts stand is in any way consistent with the decisions you have made against me and other members - it most emphatically is not. Impartiality is fundamental to your job, you seem to never have realised that. And now becasue of your policies, it has become impossible to carry on. I have to face abuse and racist remarks, yet I know that even if I dare to respond to abuse in exactly the same terms I would be banned. And yet some people apparently have the right to brazenly let off steam on this forum by saying what they wouldn't dare say in real life.

Cav - I said it before and I'll say it again, you are better than this. It doesn't matter if there is more than 1 member causing the problem, or that you don't agree with the moderation, there are plenty of other people here who enjoy talking/debating with you and I know you enjoy the debates too, so just ignore anything else and have debates with people you enjoy talking to.

Yep, absolutely.

I am getting more than a little fed up of everyone using the racism card at every opportunity. Can we not say that we disagree with another race without people kicking and screaming like petulant children? Good god, there are too many other important things to sort out in the world. This endless obsession with going over and over the same old ground is boring and unhelpful. It seems that it has turned into paranoia for some. There are achingly few interesting topics in The Cafe these days; it all seems to revolve around politics and religion. Do some of you only talk about these things when there is no Formula One?

Some can't live without kicking up endless fuss. Let's drop it and move on.

Some can't live without kicking up endless fuss. Let's drop it and move on.

Words of wisdom Dribb, words of wisdom... -_-

I don't know about simply dropping this, because isn't this really a vicious circle?

Step 1: Two (or more) members fall out.

Step 2: Mod is left to pick up pieces.

Step 3: One isn't going to like the result.

Step 4: Mod gets blamed instead of the original member.

---

I keep coming and going to this site because I see most topics end up on non F1 matters and get quite 'heated' so I leave for a week or two to see if it calms down and inevitably forget to pop back (sorry). I administrate a large site and the only way to deal with it I found was to make sure all members did their bit to stay arguing the post and not at the poster. The moderators of any site wouldn't have much of a job if the members took part responsibility themselves.

Moderating and administrating a forum is a very hard thing to do, you can set up rules and ways of warning, but still, as a moderator you are not going to please all and it gets frustrating, people should really remember that everytime they exchange harsh words with one another. At the same time, moderators of any forum have to put their personal dislikes to one side.

I hope I'm not the only one who sees this as a reoccuring problem.

Get off the soapbox cavallino and dont rise to the bait. You must be young to fall for this kind of baiting. You should let the comments roll off you and not respond to any of them because what does it matter to you what an unknown face says about you? Less of a concern should be the moderators. Fight your own battles and you'll like the person that you become for the fighting. Run off if you like, but you won't have done anything but run away. Stick around and prove what kind of person you are-it's only by comparison with the dark does the light seem so bright.

Get off the soapbox cavallino and dont rise to the bait. You must be young to fall for this kind of baiting. You should let the comments roll off you and not respond to any of them because what does it matter to you what an unknown face says about you? Less of a concern should be the moderators. Fight your own battles and you'll like the person that you become for the fighting. Run off if you like, but you won't have done anything but run away. Stick around and prove what kind of person you are-it's only by comparison with the dark does the light seem so bright.

Quite.

Hey Hunt, its just a F1 forum, there are NO BATTLES here, just inferiority complex of some members.

And thats it, stop complaining and start talking F1, please, my friends?.

It is amazing how quickly people will make assumptions and reach their own conclusions, and of course the moderators do such a hard job and we aer all so indebted to them. They just cannot be wrong can they? A lot of sheep on this forum, I am disappointed to see so few people capable of independent thought.

Fight your own battles and you'll like the person that you become for the fighting. Run off if you like, but you won't have done anything but run away.
I can't fight my battle sir because the opposition bought out the jury before the trial began, or that is how it seems. I don't have the power to battle a corrupt demagogue. With a better person wyou would appeal to their sense of justice and fairness.
I don't know about simply dropping this, because isn't this really a vicious circle?

Step 1: Two (or more) members fall out.

Step 2: Mod is left to pick up pieces.

Step 3: One isn't going to like the result.

Step 4: Mod gets blamed instead of the original member.

Rather presumptuous of you to pronounce judgement isn't it without knowing head or tail of the matter?

It is amazing how quickly people will make assumptions and reach their own conclusions, and of course the moderators do such a hard job and we aer all so indebted to them. They just cannot be wrong can they? A lot of sheep on this forum, I am disappointed to see so few people capable of independent thought.

I can't fight my battle sir because the opposition bought out the jury before the trial began, or that is how it seems. I don't have the power to battle a corrupt demagogue. With a better person wyou would appeal to their sense of justice and fairness.

Rather presumptuous of you to pronounce judgement isn't it without knowing head or tail of the matter?

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

We have independent thought, that's proven by some not completely agreeing with you. You won't find a rebellion here, or sheep, just people content to talk F1 in a civil manner. Stick to that my friend and ignore the other. As Hunt says, don't rise to the bait and that bait will cease to be offered.....and your issues with the moderators will cease to be an issue. C'mon, Cav, do you have to have rules governing every aspect of your life? Do you really need a constant nanny to keep the bad people away from you? Coming back to the subject of independence, you could demonstrate a bit of independence by dealing with this yourself without calling for help from all quarters.

I take flak every time I log on for being American. My country, that's filled with good, decent people, is trashed by this forum daily. Some members even go so far as to paint us Americans as ignorant, unsophisticated buffoons. I have to deal with this attitude from almost everyone here so what are you crying about? One member is acting a bit childish with outright insults towards your nation? Walk a ways in my shoes and you'll see how easy you've got it.

How can people keep saying don't rise to the bait???

So one member can be a racist prick, but god forbid someone say something back or complain? How ****ing stupid is that. :rolleyes:

They just cannot be wrong can they?

I refer you to this:

At the same time, moderators of any forum have to put their personal dislikes to one side.

If you think I'm a sheep fine, I couldn't care less when all you can do is be negative towards every post.

So one member can be a racist prick, but god forbid someone say something back or complain? How ****ing stupid is that. :rolleyes:

this seems to be a very strong point. How can you just not respond when someone as rascist at ctrl keeps making comments. it is not abt cav. he had even been dissing mock. I mean till what time will we see that guy dissing everyone on the forum before taking action. It is like a robber robbing your house. You say to ignore it, the robber robs more, you try complain to the cops but they say he is not robbing even when you have video proof. the cops but a blind eye to the whole thing. So what can yuou do???

this seems to be a very strong point. How can you just not respond when someone as rascist at ctrl keeps making comments. it is not abt cav. he had even been dissing mock. I mean till what time will we see that guy dissing everyone on the forum before taking action. It is like a robber robbing your house. You say to ignore it, the robber robs more, you try complain to the cops but they say he is not robbing even when you have video proof. the cops but a blind eye to the whole thing. So what can yuou do???

Your analogy is way out of proportion. These are words on a forum, people! Are you all afraid of words?

Because it's just words from a stranger. It isn't a hard concept to understand, is it? Everyone is getting worked up over nothing.

...Everyone is getting worked up over nothing...

Wasted time my friend...

It's ridiculous to be like that.

I think Cav should just constantly do his best to annoy the hell out of ctrl then.... and when he complains... we can all say "oh don't worry about it, it's nothing, don't rise to the bait". :rolleyes:

In fact lets all annoy the hell out of people with racist, and unfair comments, and just p**s off everyone we can, because its just bait and noone needs to rise to it. :rolleyes:

Yep, actually Cav is not arguing on this issue for nothing, I understand that the mods have various other jobs other than watching over this forum, but still, I remember Cav being banned once, If Cav was banned for what ever he typed I think ctrl should have been banned tens of times, I even remember him calling a respectable member's kid a monkey, and he seems to call all the citizens of a respectable country monkeys! and he gets away with it. Guys, if he messed up with you(Non Indians) you will know why we are so p**sed off with it, Its just that I stayed silent and Cav was the only member who was fighting with this issue, but I did want to raise my voice later. We all would be rather very happy if the mods do something, that is ban ctrl. :banned22: Please!

While you are all on your high horse has anyone noticed that Ctrl has not posted in awhile? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm?

......nuff said..................

Well even racism doesn't annoy me as much mob justice, and I don't particularly want anyone to be banned, but I have to agree with the Indians and even Sato here in that ctrl clearly has committed offenses that are ban-able under the recently stated rules.

@Any Indians: it's not just you who were singled out. Off the top of my head I remember Paul, Andres, Kati and myself have all been cussed.