Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

Ron Dennis Bars Drivers From Drinking During The Season!

:clap3:

From Paddocktalk

Ron Dennis has banned McLaren's 2007 driver lineup from drinking alcohol.

Despite Ferrari-bound Kimi Raikkonen's supposed alcoholic indiscretions during his tenure in 2002-2006, the Woking based team's chairman suggested that the only sips taken by Lewis Hamilton or world champion Fernando Alonso this year should be champagne on the podium.

After his drivers trained with Olympic athletes in Finland, Dennis told the Mirror: "We don't see why drivers need to have even one drink in the course of a season."

The irony of Dennis' stance, however, is that whiskey sponsor Johnnie Walker's McLaren-associated slogan for this year is: "Be a champion. Drink responsibly."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:roll::roll:

Looks like it will take 10 years to wipe Kimi's excessive drinking. Whats next for McLaren? No Hamburgers for 3 years to make up for Montoya's 18 months?

Ron Dennis is a nut!!! No wonder Schumi didn't want to join McLaren! He is running the ream like a prep school!

:clap3:

Hey cool! I don't drink (or smoke). I could drive for McLaren!

Do you think they'd notice the whole lack of talent or ability thing?

If you are Japanese and aiming for a Super Aguri drive.... :wub: Ide

All sounds a bit silly to me really.

I can't see alcohol helping them much, but outside of the circuit, they should be pretty free to drink so long as it isn't close to a test session.

Prep school indeed.

Bit like Where's Waldo, can anyone find the word "suggested"?

Pretty important you can find these key words when trying to interperate what is being reported.

it think this is quite stupid. if thye have a 3 week vacation( which they have 2 i believe ) they should be allowed t drink except the night before testing.

send them an email.... ;)

ofcourse not. The slowlier you drive, the better the motor lasts. I guess they will really respect your mechanical sympathy.

I could drive for McLaren! Do you think they'd notice the whole lack of talent or ability thing?

They might. Try Super Aguri.

I think we now know the real reason Kimi left McLaren :D

He needed some competition.

I'm very impressed with this from Ron. Lewis is in just the right team to avoid Jenson's early mistakes.

Think this might be yet another exaggerated article - in ron's quote he doesnt say he's banned his drivers from drinking, he says he doesnt see why they need to drink at all. How can he ban them, he's not with both drivers 24/7!!

"We don't see why drivers need to have even one drink in the course of a season."

The people at McLaren probably drink because of Ron Dennis. I know that if i had a boss like Ron i would drink too.

Think this might be yet another exaggerated article - in ron's quote he doesnt say he's banned his drivers from drinking, he says he doesnt see why they need to drink at all. How can he ban them, he's not with both drivers 24/7!!

My sentiments precisely.

ofcourse not. The slowlier you drive, the better the motor lasts. I guess they will really respect your mechanical sympathy.

If you don't understand the argument being made, you look like a fool when you post stuff like this......an amusing fool, but foolish nonetheless :D

Speaking of fools, McRon has certainly added his name into the hat for Fool-Of-The-Year. What a complete 'control freak'. Were I Fernando, no amount of money would see me working with Ron. Fcuk him.

...and anyone wonders why McLaren has been so berift lately?

...and anyone wonders why McLaren has been so berift lately?

Thats how Ron runs his ship and without Drivers with strong outspoken personalities like some of the McLaren drivers of the past (senna, prost, coulthard) Ron pretty much gets to flog his whip around.

Thats how Ron runs his ship and without Drivers with strong outspoken personalities like some of the McLaren drivers of the past (senna, prost, coulthard) Ron pretty much gets to flog his whip around.

Always thought McLaren suited Alonso more then Kimi.

Always thought McLaren suited Alonso more then Kimi.

if you mean Alonso is more likely to dance to Ron's whip I agree with you. Kimi's drinking problem got worse in his McLaren years. I hear the finnish phrase for "keep drinking" sounds and reads remarkably similar to "Keep Walking"...and Kimi never really cared much for Ron's advice...