Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ferrariphile

Will F1 Broadcasts Ever Go Hi-def?

I didn't think this topic really belonged in F1 discussions, so if this is the worng place for this discussion, my apologies.

I wonder, will the F1 broadcasts ever go high-definition? I recall the SPEED crew commenting on this last year and don't really stay on top of F1 during the off-season. I just want to know why the most technical motorsport in the world doesn't have HD broadcasts. Here in the US we can watch just about every sporting and motorsporting event in crystal clear HD, then the F1 comes on in regular (crappy) quality. Sure, the venue is supposed to take care of that part, but don't you think for all the untold amounts of moeny FIA and FOM garner they could get a few HD cameras? Is anybody else miffed?

Bernie could do it if he wanted, remember his 'digital F1' from a few years back? He's just too damn cheap, that's all!!

I guess its only a matter of time...

What i mean by that is not all countries around the globe run Digital TV as of yet? I guess the reason it isnt done yet is for the reason of losing the viewer audience, and then the Commercial dollar which keeps F1 a float. i am sure if they would switch to Digital they will lose the amount of TV audience. It would be to expensive to do both (Digital & Analogue). I guess the are just waiting for the moment.

It will happen eventually. HD is still relatively new and is still establishing itself!

Yeah, pretty new.

I don't know much about it, I can usually get over the quality though.

Sometimes when the picture is awful, I can't tell as my eyesight isn't so good. lol

Yes, the 2006 FIFA World Cup was in HD :D
Oh, I remember that...

P1000756.jpg

That's a giant HDTV in the background with the final on.

My parents were housing a French exchange student and invited all the other Frenchies over. Oh boy, were they bummed after that game...

The reason I brought up the subject was because I would turn on the few F1 events CBS broadcasts, like Canadian and US GPs, and it was "enhanced" which still looks like crap. If you haven't seen HD quality, go to a pub with HD coverage of some footy and you will see what I mean.

My parents were housing a French exchange student and invited all the other Frenchies over. Oh boy, were they bummed after that game...

Im still annoyed at the world cup and i dont see that changing in the near future.

Guy's dont mistake HD for Digital Transmission.

the program should say that its done in HD, but usaully if its true HD or not remains to be seen?

some stations use multi channels instead of true HD. As HD takes up a lot of bandwidth to transmit.