Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Anyone Going To A Gp This Year?

Hi all, got my ticket for silverstone, very happy! Going with my dad (only see him every few months, long story) which makes it even better, spending 3 nights. 2006 weekend was amazing so cant wait.

Anyone else attending a race this year?

Anyone else attending a race this year?

I was going to go this year but then they annonced that the V8 Supercars wouldnt be there so decided it wasnt worth the hassle traveling 800 km to get to Melbourne when they dont even has a decent support series for the fans to watch.

Nope Silverstone is too expensive, so unless I go to Spa, I won't be going at all. Money saved to put to better uses though.

I need to go see a grand prix pretty soon, the next 2 years will be amazing to watch, Kimi will trounce the opposition like no other....It will be amazing to see it live....

I was going to go but since I'm a student already in 2000 pounds worth of debt I can't really see it happening lol!

Plus I'm more likely than not going to spend June - September in Dubai so would mae it even more difficult to go to Silverstone.

Well my parents hve moved their. Only problem is if your a tourist you can only stay for 60 days at a time so my parents and I will drive to the border with oman, get my passport stamped again then cme back in lol! Thats apparently what we will do lol! Shud be fun. HAHA!

Shame though as I would have liked to have gone to an F1 race this year but it just wasn't to be unfortunantly. At least I'm seeing Girls Aloud live again though, that somewhat compensates for not going to a GP for me lol, plus I'm gonna go to an Arsenal match next month probably too!

I dont think i'll get the chance to take too much leave this year and travel abroad... If I dont go to one this year i'll definitely make a plan for 2008 then.

Its 14 years since I last went to a Gp :unsure:

Not sure which I want to attend though??? Thinking Malaysia, England or USA...

I dont think i'll get the chance to take too much leave this year and travel abroad... If I dont go to one this year i'll definitely make a plan for 2008 then.

Its 14 years since I last went to a Gp :unsure:

Not sure which I want to attend though??? Thinking Malaysia, England or USA...

UK gets more expensive every year and most of the decent cheaper seats seem to be reclassified so I'd say unless you visit the UK for other reasons too, choose another.

Unfortunatley no, for yet another year I'll not see a GP. Still to see a single race live <_<

I'm off to the Australian GP. I think this is my 5th year in a row now. Been to a couple in the late 90's aswell.

I fly out of Brisbane on March the 15th, it can't come soon enough.

Unfortunatly No. never been to a race so really want to go but none of them happen at a good time for me hopefully in 2010(i know too long but that is when my friends are free at the same time due to college end) plan to go to spain gp(if it is still der) or better if a gp is in india by then i would hopefully be able to go for the opening race.

UK gets more expensive every year and most of the decent cheaper seats seem to be reclassified so I'd say unless you visit the UK for other reasons too, choose another.

Thanks, Yeah I guess you right.

Going to Melbourne. Been to all the melbourne gps except 96 -death in the family. Every year I say I am going to get a grandstand seat and I can never afford it , so another year on the hill

There's a chance i'll be going to the Hungarian GP.

I have an almost relative type friend living there and i'm sure I could go if I asked, i've been before.

---

Shame it's a fairly tame GP usually.

for anyone who's never been, i strongly urge you to do whatever it takes to get to a race. You cant describe the athmosphere, the noise, and just the amazing feeling when you see an F1 car go past you for the first time, its incredible

BGP is too expensive, plus it usually falls on the weekend of one of the big Airshows in the summer.

Would love to get to the testing days in June and do some photography though - that's the plan anyway.

for anyone who's never been, i strongly urge you to do whatever it takes to get to a race. You cant describe the athmosphere, the noise, and just the amazing feeling when you see an F1 car go past you for the first time, its incredible

I totally agree with you. I've seen open wheel racing and for 7 years I went to Vancouver to watch Champ car racing. Watching live doen't compare to TV viewing. I look forward to my first F1 race in Japan. I can only imagine how great it'll be!