Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Anyone Going To A Gp This Year?

nah, costs too much, I could see the entire BTCC series for the same entry price.

But the BTCC Series isn't exactly brilliant is it?

Not that i'm saying Silverstone aren't charging an insane price.

Perhaps someone ought to write/e-mail them and ask what the meaning behind the admission fee this year is?

going to see montecarlo, montreal , indianapoilis, monza. I dont pay for travel. last year only indianapolisand montecarlo

I wish I had some extra dough to do that... Spa could be interesting. I have to see how the season progresses and if I win in gambling or something. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know? I now live overseas and do have satellite tv service and can watch the races, but not in English. Are there any internet locations that will allow me to follow the races live in English? I do have a high speed fiber optic service, and have tried to get Five live out of Britian, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

am toying with the idea of going to the Spanish GP again (was at it 2 years ago) -it would be a sin not too now thats its right on my doorstep

but heres my dilema - last time i paid a LOT of money for a pit straight seat which was well worth it as Schumi was still racing - now this year i would begrudge paying so much as hes retired - however the other option is to pay less & have open access which means no seat & no big screen - any suggestions??

I'm sure nowhere else charges for testing...

yep the circuit here in Barcelona charges now although its only 5 euros (2 years ago it was free though)

But the BTCC Series isn't exactly brilliant is it?

hmm i diagree here -BTCC is highly entertaining wheel-to-wheel action - and at a much cheaper price its excellent value for money

Hey fellas

Newbie here....Me and my mate were planning to go to the Indianapolis race this year. This being the first race, we were just wondering what kind of seats we should take. Considering, this is probably like a once in a lifetime thing for us, we were planning to go all out and get the penthouse tickets, which are above the grandstands and give you an overview of the whole course. But I was wondering if the penthouse did indeed give the best view of the race. If not, can anyone suggest which seats would give us the best experience of the race?

Also, does anyone know when the option of pitlane access is avaialable?

Thanks all........

Welcome Angelius :D

If your after information about Indy, ask a member by the name of AutoRacer5, he would be the best person in my opinion to answer your questions and point you in the right direction.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome Angelius :D

If your after information about Indy, ask a member by the name of AutoRacer5, he would be the best person in my opinion to answer your questions and point you in the right direction.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Thanks aussief1. Still new to this site. Let me figure out how to "pm" an individual member. I'll get the hang of it sooner rather than later

Thanks aussief1. Still new to this site. Let me figure out how to "pm" an individual member. I'll get the hang of it sooner rather than later

No problems :D

Hey fellas

Newbie here....Me and my mate were planning to go to the Indianapolis race this year. This being the first race, we were just wondering what kind of seats we should take. Considering, this is probably like a once in a lifetime thing for us, we were planning to go all out and get the penthouse tickets, which are above the grandstands and give you an overview of the whole course. But I was wondering if the penthouse did indeed give the best view of the race. If not, can anyone suggest which seats would give us the best experience of the race?

Also, does anyone know when the option of pitlane access is avaialable?

Thanks all........

Indy is a little harder to choose. For me in all the Cart races i saw, we always sat 100 feet before the hairpin. Why? You get to see them coming in at top speed with heavy braking and a lot of passing. Where ever you are it won't matter I'm sure because of the infield portion of the race. Maybe anywhere along the straight before the big curve. Have a great time!!