Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Sexuality; What Are Your Views?

Sexuality  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is Your Sexuality A Choice?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Homosexual Men And Women Have Equal Rights With Straight People?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should Homosexual Couples Be Allowed To Adopt?

• Yes
    • No

We only disagreed over a minor thing. I seem to remember you were very PC about something. Oh yeah you think it's racist to say that Indians on average write differently to westerners. Well I honestly think it's not. I mean it's well documented that women write differently to men for instance. But anyway.... On the point at hand, I didn't say that being poor ruled you out of adopting: quite the opposite. I said that poor, working class families are probably not as good as rich ones on average. However the relevance of that comes from precisely the fact that no one would forbid poor people from adopting automatically. Therefore, even if on average gay couples for instance split up more often than straight ones, we should not rule them out automatically from adopting. However all things being equal a wealthier family would probably get the kid, and by extension, if gay couples are worse parents on average, so should a straight couple over a gay one.

I'm going to respond to each of yours. First of all, I'm sure in any culture women write differently than men..On your 2nd pointless remark, my point was not about being rich or poor.My point was it does not matter what econimic situation one might be experiencing, there are the same problems. But what i can say is there are families in worse economic situations that offer a happier enviroment than middle to higher income enviroments. I have to ask my next question.The divorce rate is very high in north america, so how can you say and i qoute"on average gay couples splits up more often than straight couples? You are right that a wealthier"couple"might have a better chance, but what about a wealthier homosexual couple?

I'm going to respond to each of yours. First of all, I'm sure in any culture women write differently than men..

On average, yes I too would think so. Likewise, people of each sex probably write differently depending on which culture they have grown up in. Compare US English speakers with those of the UK with those of Aus etc etc... Or French canadians, with French natives, with african-born french speakers etc etc....

.On your 2nd pointless remark, my point was not about being rich or poor.My point was it does not matter what econimic situation one might be experiencing, there are the same problems. But what i can say is there are families in worse economic situations that offer a happier enviroment than middle to higher income enviroments. I have to ask my next question.The divorce rate is very high in north america, so how can you say and i qoute"on average gay couples splits up more often than straight couples? You are right that a wealthier"couple"might have a better chance, but what about a wealthier homosexual couple?

I have no idea what you're on about frankly. I didn't say "on average gay couples split up more often than straight couples". I said "even if on average gay couples split up more often than straight couples....". There is a big difference.

Not only religion, nature shows the way it should be man and woman, male and female, there is no other way, if two man can naturaly have children then I would have to say that is ok, but they can not have then because is against nature first and against religion too. IMO only a sick man can have sex with another man.

About adopting, nature didn't aloud them to have children, so we should think about that, they shouldn't adopt either, they should wait until they can have children by natural ways, not adopting a child who came to this world from a man and a woman so, no they should not adopt, they should not get married and they should not have the same rights and no, sexuality is not a choice for healthy people, but it is for those who are sick but just because of their sickness.

If you rule out from adopting all couples that can not have kids naturally then there would be hardly any couples wanting to adopt. Are you telling us they should only be allowed adopt if they can have kids naturally in that sense?

Why is being gay a sickness just because you disagree with it? Many heterosexual men and women have non-procreative sex. Are they sick? Anyone who has masturbated is sick, anyone who has oral sex, anyone who uses contraception? And by the way homosexuality is quite normal (ie common) in the animal kingdom too.

Well they should have their own children if there is no reason to say is not natural, if this is natural they are supose to have their own children by nature.

Are you opposed to al medical intervention? That is not "natural". People aren't supposed to live to 80. People aren't supposed to have a full set of teeth at 40. Lots of women are supposed to die in childbirth. Lets make it happen as nature intended eh?

One more thing: looking at nature to find moral insight will not be a happy process for anyone especially xians. It has been long abandoned my most respectable academics. For instance, nature suggests that we survive by being fitter and stronger than our rivals. Most xians don't say therefore we should exploit our strength to drive everyone else off the planet. This policy seems to be applied very selectively.

Anyone who says Homosexuals adopting kids is fine needs to think to themselves, Imagine if both your parents were gay... It would not be normal.

Firstly the kid would be ridiculed throughout their youth and secondly its just not natural!!!

Only homophobia makes one think that. If I were brought up in a loving gay "family" I don't think I would hate my parents or resent them. Of course it is unusual, but plenty of kids cope with being unusual or "unique". If society fully accepted gay people the child wouldn't have such a hard time at all.

Homosexuality makes me sick. To be honest , I find baffling that there are men who don't get turned on by a beautiful woman.

Everyone on this planet owes his/her existence to a heterosexual couple.

Even if I keep my homophobia aside for a few minutes, the third question in this poll obviously merits a "no".

I happen to know a gay couple that have a kid, and they make great parents, so I have to vote yes to the bottom one.

Of course the second one is a yes.

The top one, I dunno. I'm not so sure it's a choice. I mean, if it were a choice, that means that a straight person could choose to be attracted to the same sex. Sorry, I'm not attracted to men, whether I choose to be or not. Saying we have a choice suggests that gay people are really attracted to the opposite sex, but are forcing themselves to have sex with someone of the same sex. I just don't buy that.

I happen to know a gay couple that have a kid, and they make great parents, so I have to vote yes to the bottom one.

The top one, I dunno. I'm not so sure it's a choice. I mean, if it were a choice, that means that a straight person could choose to be attracted to the same sex. Sorry, I'm not attracted to men, whether I choose to be or not. Saying we have a choice suggests that gay people are really attracted to the opposite sex, but are forcing themselves to have sex with someone of the same sex. I just don't buy that.

I think you make an excellent point. I personally believe it isn't a choice, but more to do with sociology. Then again, why do you get soo many gay men that speak funny, act camp naturally etc? Is that all put on or is that just natural to them. There has been homosexuality since there has been humans aparently, I dunno if this is true but then you look at Romans for example when there was a Roman emperor that was gay or something so I don't think you can necessarily dismiss homosexuality as disgusting and wrong. If it's natural to some people, which it is then it can't be wrong And if you believe in God then why would God have ''made'' or allowed there to be homosexual men and women.

Obv I would be biased in this thread but no where down the line did I ever think today I will fancy men as well as women. I have always since I can remember been attracted to both sexes so god knows why?!

How can there be more saying yes to the equal rights question, then to the adoption question?

Equal rights would include being able to adopt :unsure:

I voted: yes, no, no.

The first no was forced by the second no.

Yeah, I was thinking the same way, RS. However, I suppose if somebody is seeking the next thrill, then I suppose they could choose to try gay sex :eusa_think: Rather like Michael Hutchence chose to try and asphyxiate himself - I'm sure that's not something that comes natural.......or is it :eusa_think::lol:

I voted no, yes, yes. The adopting question is tricky, especially if you look at it from the kid's point of view. And I also guess that 2 gay women adopting a kid is more socially acceptable than 2 gay men adopting a kid - rightly or wrongly, it would raise less eyebrows in public!

Sexuality = My Answers are = YES + YES + YES

Is Your Sexuality A Choice? Yes [ 11 ] [55.00%] No [ 9 ] [45.00%]

Should Homosexual Men And Women Have Equal Rights With Straight People? Yes [ 15 ] [75.00%] No [ 5 ] [25.00%]

Should Homosexual Couples Be Allowed To Adopt? Yes [ 9 ] [45.00%] No [ 11 ] [55.00%]

AFAIK = As far as i know = All people are Bi-Sexual by nature. And choice of "sex" is often done by people without thinking. As choice of religion for example. "Divide&Rule" - main rule to command others. And all churches as all governments know this rule well enough. Wars (sexual too) are results of such rulerships. Peace is made by making others friends and making common deeds with each other. No matter sex, race, age, etc. Love sees no color. Or any other dumb differenses made by people. Peace is universal Nature eureka. On geografical map we see NO dumb boundaries made by people. Never by Nature. I just recalled two songs. Miracle by Queen and Earth`s song by M`Jackson. And also Loosing my (illusions) religion by REM. All songs from my "all-time" list.

If you rule out from adopting all couples that can not have kids naturally then there would be hardly any couples wanting to adopt. Are you telling us they should only be allowed adopt if they can have kids naturally in that sense?

Why is being gay a sickness just because you disagree with it? Many heterosexual men and women have non-procreative sex. Are they sick? Anyone who has masturbated is sick, anyone who has oral sex, anyone who uses contraception? And by the way homosexuality is quite normal (ie common) in the animal kingdom too.

A couple of male and female are naturaly equipped to have children iuf they can not do it is because of a problem in their bodies not because of a sexual deviance, male and male/female and female are not equipped to have children by themselves, adopting is a way to fix that problem in male-female and should not be a way to help sexualy sick people even when you consider them healthy they are just sexualy sick people.

And many people have sex with animals is that a healthy behavior? do you suport that? isn't that in the same concept as homosexuality? going against nature is not a sickness? what is it then?

Just look at it in this way, figure out for a minute that everybody in this world think the way you are doing and that everybody in this world become gay and from now on only "natural" gay sexual relations are aloud in the world, could this world survive that?

Do you see how "natural" is this? would you really like to see this happening? I guess you don't mind that because you find it natural and healthy.

PS, if homosexuality is natural, lte them have natural kids in their own natural way, but don't get an inocent who came from a male-female couple to be affected for those sick people.

Are you opposed to al medical intervention? That is not "natural". People aren't supposed to live to 80. People aren't supposed to have a full set of teeth at 40. Lots of women are supposed to die in childbirth. Lets make it happen as nature intended eh?

One more thing: looking at nature to find moral insight will not be a happy process for anyone especially xians. It has been long abandoned my most respectable academics. For instance, nature suggests that we survive by being fitter and stronger than our rivals. Most xians don't say therefore we should exploit our strength to drive everyone else off the planet. This policy seems to be applied very selectively.

medical intervention is intend to fix a problem in a couple that can naturaly have a baby but for some reason that couple can not, that is not going agianst nature that is trying to keep nature in its normal course, mornal is that a couple male-female can have babies, and gays can't, gays adopting is going against nature thay are not naturaly provided with the necesary resources to have babies, everything out of that context is against nature and is sick.

Nature does not necesarily suggest that only that we survive by being fitter and stronger, that is true in just some cases but not all, you can see the strongest impala being killed by a crocodile because he went fisrt to drink leaving thoses weak one waitnig for a space, this is only an example and I know that you know about at lot more of this case.

If you want to acept homosexuality you can do it, is your right to choose, but don't trry to tell me that this is natural because is not.

I can't see how sexuality is a choice. We all have different things that turn us on (even hetrosexual people differ in their sexual tastes) and they like them because............well thats just the thing there is no answer because its a instictive so not something you can choose. Sure you could surpress things but that dosent change the natural erge you get. So ofcourse I picked No for the first one.

Humans should all have the same rights so thats a no brainer what I voted.

Adoption? Yes ofcourse they should because any couple who are adopting will be comitted to each other deeply. It's not going to be suddenly some kind of fashion trend for gay people to go into an orphanage and pick up a kid, they will still go through the same procedures a hetrosexual couple will for the goverment to know the child is brought into a decent home. Also theres much worse hetrosexual familys kids could be in. I'd trust a gay couple to instill a sense of tolerance and equality in a child and as with question one I seriously doubt they will force the kid to be gay because it just wont happen....after all hetrosexual couples have gay children so gay couples can have hetrosexual children.

I can see people saying no to gay people adopting not because a gay couple isent capable of bringing up a normal child but more because that person head is over run by false/negative connotations about gay people. If they knew a loving and monogamous gay couple then they wouldnt be voting no because it would wipe their mind of any erronious missconceptions.

A couple of male and female are naturaly equipped to have children iuf they can not do it is because of a problem in their bodies not because of a sexual deviance, male and male/female and female are not equipped to have children by themselves, adopting is a way to fix that problem in male-female and should not be a way to help sexualy sick people even when you consider them healthy they are just sexualy sick people.

And many people have sex with animals is that a healthy behavior? do you suport that? isn't that in the same concept as homosexuality? going against nature is not a sickness? what is it then?

Just look at it in this way, figure out for a minute that everybody in this world think the way you are doing and that everybody in this world become gay and from now on only "natural" gay sexual relations are aloud in the world, could this world survive that?

Do you see how "natural" is this? would you really like to see this happening? I guess you don't mind that because you find it natural and healthy.

PS, if homosexuality is natural, lte them have natural kids in their own natural way, but don't get an inocent who came from a male-female couple to be affected for those sick people.

So I'm sexually sick am I? I have a disease that maks me fancy both men and women. I am sexually sick? Wow if I ever met you then you may get to feel what being beaten up by a sexually sick person feels like, and dont worry I'm not soft, I would happily beat the living crap out of someone if they pushed me far enough.

How the hell can you call homosexuality an illness? People like you make me sick because it's people like you stopping everyone getting equal rights. I'm absolutely disgusted by that and you really should get some education on the topc because clearly you know jackSh#t about the subject at hand.

Oh and btw if i did however chose to settle down with a man instead of a woman (which at the moment looks more likely since loads of the women in this country seem to be money grabbing bitches) then dont worry about me, a sexually sick person adopting because instead i would have a surrogate mother and have my OWN child! Or is that wrong also despite that child being naturally mine?

So I'm sexually sick am I? I have a disease that maks me fancy both men and women. I am sexually sick? Wow if I ever met you then you may get to feel what being beaten up by a sexually sick person feels like, and dont worry I'm not soft, I would happily beat the living crap out of someone if they pushed me far enough.

How the hell can you call homosexuality an illness? People like you make me sick because it's people like you stopping everyone getting equal rights. I'm absolutely disgusted by that and you really should get some education on the topc because clearly you know jackSh#t about the subject at hand.

Don't worry Ben, he's so right wing it makes us other right wing conservitive's want to dissavow............

There has been homosexuality since there has been humans aparently,

FYI there is homosexuality in other species too. It's not just confined to humans.

Surely when you started this thead, you knew there'd be posts like that....

of course i did but saying its an illness is ridiculous. I have a mate whos muslim and hes dead against it and although he doesnt like it, he still accepts me for who i am and doesnt turn around and say its an illness, to him its wrong because his religion says so but i think he accepts it isnt an illness and just a part of human way. His view to me is far more valuble as it allows me to understand why he doesnt accept it. Just saying its an illness is ridiculous!

I make you sick? or you were sick already?

Yes you are sexually sick but that is something beyond the reach of your mind right now, not because you have a problem in your mind but because of the info you have in there, is like a computer with the wrong info will give you the wrong answer, and there is nothing wierd knowing and reading in your post the kind of life that you live.

And I don't have nothing against you, I accept you as a human being but that doesn't mean that I have to agree with the things you do, I least I am being honest and I am telling you what I think about that, if that make you sick is not my problem, I think you and other here should accept me as I am, writing about the bible all that I want, or don't you know that for people like me that kind of post is as shocking as my posting about the bible for you, so if I have to accept all kind of postings in here you all the other members of totalf1.com have to accept whatever I post in here too, if that make you sick don't read it, I don't like your post about the way you live and I don't complain about that, I wasn't even answering adn/or refering to you, if you are gay that is your problem and you can do whatever you want with your life, but don't say that my post make you sick just because you don't acept my point of view take it or leave it, that is my point of view and there is nothing you can do about it, if that make you sick, drink a pill and you'll feel better, but I don't have to agree with you, you were the one who ask, WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS, well here are mine, where you asking to start this? or were you thinking that everybody here will agree with you? you wanted to know my view, there you have it.

Yes I did want a variety of views but to call someone sexually sick because they are attracted/seek the love of someone of the same sex is absolutely absurd! And I didn't say your post was sick, I said your post showed you complete lack of understanding of homosexuality, which it does. To claim it is a sickness is utterly ridiculous! Sexuality is not a choice, you are what you are and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. If you tried to fight it and force yourself to be straight when you arn't then your life is a misery, I know numerous people like this and eventually they could no longer cope and could no longer live the lie they were living.

I do however think it is excellent we are having this debate as it has been such a topical matter in recent years and it is good to see people sharing their views. Obviously some will never agree with others but that is the whole point of debates and although I think what you are saying is absurd it is your opinion and you have a right to express it. I however am trying to enlighten you that homosexual people are not sick, they are just the same as straight people, seek the same things straight people seek (maybe without the child wanting though in some cases), and deserve the same amount of respect and equality.

Oh and another littl fact, homosexuals are one of the most successful minorities in this country income/career wise etc and contribute massively to the economy and on a whole there is just a very VERY small percentage that claim benefits. I don't know the exact figures but it is certainly very low and i read the average wage is something like 30,000 which is 10,000 above the straight average wage! Quite interesting fact that!

medical intervention is intend to fix a problem in a couple that can naturaly have a baby but for some reason that couple can not, that is not going agianst nature that is trying to keep nature in its normal course, mornal is that a couple male-female can have babies, and gays can't, gays adopting is going against nature thay are not naturaly provided with the necesary resources to have babies, everything out of that context is against nature and is sick.

Nature does not necesarily suggest that only that we survive by being fitter and stronger, that is true in just some cases but not all, you can see the strongest impala being killed by a crocodile because he went fisrt to drink leaving thoses weak one waitnig for a space, this is only an example and I know that you know about at lot more of this case.

If you want to acept homosexuality you can do it, is your right to choose, but don't trry to tell me that this is natural because is not.

Can you give any significant or scientific evidence it is not natural. I'm not saying your right or wrong, but you seem very sure that homosexuality is unnatural. I'd be very interested in the facts you know about your statement.

Why bother J.R. I'm sure his narrow minded misconceptions of life were brought on by his narrow minded bible. Blow him off, and forget it. He probably thinks it's ok that so many priests involved in the abuse of little alter boys, because it was done in the name of god.