Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Sexuality; What Are Your Views?

Sexuality  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is Your Sexuality A Choice?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Homosexual Men And Women Have Equal Rights With Straight People?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should Homosexual Couples Be Allowed To Adopt?

• Yes
    • No

But why use the word sodomite? Not all homosexual men are. So your use of the term is inaccurate.

No its not. Do you know where the word 'sodomy' is derived from? I'm think you know so I'm not going to elaborate. What was the sexual sin in that city causing God to destroy it? Now the term 'sodomite' means an offensive term for somebody who practices anal intercourse. Now all gay men are sodomites. Show me one who isn't.

But why use the word sodomite? Not all homosexual men are. So your use of the term is inaccurate.

Let me try again. All gay men are sodomites. But not all sodomites are gay men.

and further more, a lot of straight guys like action from the back section in the presence of a nice lady!!! I am french after all, what are you going to do?

Let me try again. All gay men are sodomites. But not all sodomites are gay men.

Only if you use the archaic, biblical definition of the word. But then I suppose you do. If, however, you are using the term in it's modern form then your use of it is inaccurate. I will assume the former.

Contemporary definitions of sodomite and sodomy:

• someone who engages in anal copulation (especially a male who engages in anal copulation with another male)
  • Sodomy is a term of biblical origin used to characterize certain sexual acts that have been attributed to citizens of ancient Sodom. The term is most commonly used to describe the specific act of anal sex between two males or a male and a female. The term "sodomy" also may include non-coital sexual acts ranging from oral sex to paraphilia. It is sometimes used to describe human-animal sexual intercourse (also known as bestiality, zoophilia)

and there are lots more ...but there's bigger fish to fry. Cheers!

Contemporary definitions of sodomite

[*]someone who engages in anal copulation (especially a male who engages in anal copulation with another male)

Does not apply to all homosexual men. Cheers!

Well done Jay! I appreciate the respect you've shown for my right to believe in the irrational while at the same time expressing your fundamentally opposing view. That's a very hard thing for most people to do! Anyway, I still hold to my irrational beliefs as I see no problem with science describing the creation and religion describing the creator. If my reasons for believing in God aren't convincing to some, well, that's not my concern. I don't attempt to convert anyone, just express my thoughts on the subject.

I will have to say that I'm not surprised by the amount of athiests in the world, but I am surprised by the amount of people that don't believe in Santa Claus!! You should all be ashamed of yourselves!

Good enough Mike. All I was really trying to demonstrate was that I was not being close-minded, but rather that I was being rational in my position. I always have respect for you and your posts, and rest assured you are more than a match in any debate!!!!!

More generally speaking, I always strive to demonstrate respect for all belief systems, but I loose patience with those who claim their particular theistic beliefs transcend faith and take the form of proven fact, or rely upon their chosen dogma as a basis for condemning others. That is something I can not resepect.

Hey ****ejay, if you let the record speak for itself you will see that it clearly wasn't you who insulted my intelligence and why you even bring this up, demonstrates my calling you a## with no tail" in the first place. You are not the guilty party, you got that ****ing clear?

Don't be diningenuous HotRod.

I responded to your comment because you attempted to excuse your profanity (and the "a## with no tail" comment was a specific example that you gave) by complaining that people were insulting your intelligence because of some minor failings in grammer. I merely pointed out the inconsistency of your argument. You called me an a## with no tail, despite the fact I never insulted your intelligence because of any flaws in your grammer. You were therefore being misleading while also unfairly characterizing me.

Might I suggest that if you are going to continue with this debate, at least make an attempt to be consistent. Otherwise the rest of us will have to draw unavoidable conclusions about the quality of your intellect, but for entirely valid reasons.

funkejay, my friend, the simple fact that I've got so many responses in this thread shows you that not so many ignore me. I know you certainly do not. But that is not the point! Do you think that people who cannot speak english fluently are looking for your, or anybody else's, sympathy? We just wish all would ingore completely our slight dificulties in articulating the English language! It seems that all in this forum speak English and so we choose english as the communication medium. English is just another language, it doesn't define your intelligence ...does't define Who You Are - and that was my point.

My Bible tells me that the fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom and I believe that. In fact I believe everything in the Bible. It has become my belief-system. It has become my manual for living life to the fullest. I've learnt that whenever a nonbeliever says: "Hey I respect that ..." - I know they're talking bolony. Every bible-believing-christian knows that if you don't believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and your Saviour and that only through Him were all things created - the heavens and the earth - and that noone will inherit heaven if they do not go through Him, and that they should not have any other gods ...and the list goes on, then you're doomed for hell. bulls##t aside, can you respect me? I am nothing without Bible, can you respect me? The bible defines who I am, can you respect me? Now, hypocrites will say that they respect me! And let me tell you that the Bible does not present itself to be theory and it does present itself to be a fairytale neither does it present itself to be opinionated ... The Bible is my belief-system. Are you getting the picture?

I believe that the Bible is the only credible source explaing the 'origin of species', sodomy, man's pride, etc.

And now my pesonal view on the Bible: I believe that it abounds with intelligence, it is the only source of truth, It is the written Word of God. This is why that when you speak out of the arena of what I hold as intelligence, I call you 'not knowing better'. Atleast I'm not a hypocrite.

Alright, you've convinced me that you will not listen to reason. There is no point in discussing this with you any further.

Great answers Jay, I wouldn't worry about HotRod because he/she is a fraud...................

Great answers Jay, I wouldn't worry about HotRod because he/she is a fraud...................

Thanks Pump - and I'm beginning to agree with you.......

Good enough Mike. All I was really trying to demonstrate was that I was not being close-minded, but rather that I was being rational in my position. I always have respect for you and your posts, and rest assured you are more than a match in any debate!!!!!

More generally speaking, I always strive to demonstrate respect for all belief systems, but I loose patience with those who claim their particular theistic beliefs transcend faith and take the form of proven fact, or rely upon their chosen dogma as a basis for condemning others. That is something I can not resepect.

Don't be diningenuous HotRod.

I responded to your comment because you attempted to excuse your profanity (and the "a## with no tail" comment was a specific example that you gave) by complaining that people were insulting your intelligence because of some minor failings in grammer. I merely pointed out the inconsistency of your argument. You called me an a## with no tail, despite the fact I never insulted your intelligence because of any flaws in your grammer. You were therefore being misleading while also unfairly characterizing me.

Might I suggest that if you are going to continue with this debate, at least make an attempt to be consistent. Otherwise the rest of us will have to draw unavoidable conclusions about the quality of your intellect, but for entirely valid reasons.

'diningenuous' - is this a new word? Inconsistent in what respect? Was my not speaking improper english such a big distraction from the actual argument? How would one go about classifying 'quality of intellect'?

Anyway have to go now, got some important things to do ... cheers all.

PS: Grow up!!!

Hmmm. Such a marked inability to conduct a logical argument reminds me of someone............

'diningenuous' - is this a new word? Inconsistent in what respect? Was my not speaking improper english such a big distraction from the actual argument? How would one go about classifying 'quality of intellect'?

I rest my case....................FRAUD!!!!!!!!

Time for the afternoon's witch hunt? :D

what is really inaccurate is to think that there was only one kind of homosexuals in Sodom there was a complete sexual degradation in that city so what is inaccurate is your way of seeing what really happended over there.

Does not apply to all homosexual men. Cheers!

Yes it does, they are both part of the act. If you take a look at the story you will find that there were trying to have sex with the visitors af the city, so they were trying to rape them tehy did not wanted to be "raped" by them and that shows you the kind of sexual degradation of the city, so there were the two kinds of homosexual and the word sodomite apply to all of them today becuase that word came from the inmoral and indecent act that they were doing in that city even when you have a contemporary definition of the word that doesn't mean that can not be used in the same context that gave life to that word.

What are your views on the morality of masturbation Schumikonen btw? I assume it's a (literally) damnable offense?

What are your views on the morality of masturbation Schumikonen btw? I assume it's a (literally) damnable offense?

No I don't think so, but the problem is when that get out of control, the bible says that having sex is a necessity and urge the people who can not control themselves to get married.

1 Corinthians 7

3Husbands and wives should be fair with each other about having sex. 4A wife belongs to her husband instead of to herself, and a husband belongs to his wife instead of to himself. 5So don't refuse sex to each other, unless you agree not to have sex for a little while, in order to spend time in prayer.

8Here is my advice for people who have never been married and for widows. You should stay single, just as I am. 9But if you don't have enough self-control, then go ahead and get married. After all, it is better to marry than to burn with desire.

I rest my case....................FRAUD!!!!!!!!

It was'nt just a prank, some people on this forum actually think you're dumb if you don't speak fluent English. I have to admit I haven't had this much fun on any forum.

Here is a good material for thoses who want to know if God is real or not, just read this.

MIRACLE

Guatemala: 'The Miracle of Almolonga'

By Sarah Pollak

CWNews

June 10, 2005

CBN.com

This thread has proved qute popular hasn't it!

You're so right. One thing for sure, there will never be a consensus!

For a person who claimed he believed in god and not the bible, you sure use the scriptures and the opinions of others to argue your own opinion of what is true to believe. I always believe it is true to believe in yourself before you can believe in any other thing. You sir, I believe need something to believe in because you can not contain one opinion during your arguement. You say one thing, and then flip-flop and say another. Your continued use of the bible and the interputed opinion of other bible thumpers leads me to believe you're really only a follower who lives for the guidence of others. You can live your life in this manner because it's your choice, unlike homosexuality which is not, but you have to allow and respect that other, and may I say, a large percentage of the western population continue to adapt to the changes and thinking of society.The religous bible thumping followers will never learn this principle of life. WELCOME TO THE NEW MILLENIUM! By the way, I'm still waiting for your documented fact concerning the cure for the so called disorder, homosexualty.

Time to chip in....

As HotRod (this btw is the only point I agree with him) has stated jaq, we choose the Bible as a belief-system, because we believe in the One god.... Jesus, the Father and the Holy Ghost trinity as One. It came to us by revelation. It does'nt need an intelligent person to have this revelation, it can happen to anyone. And because we choose to serve, God promises to look after us and guide us. It has now become a personal relationship, a daily mind workshift from us living our own lives, to trusting God with our lives. a Huge paradigm shift! Where do we get this guidance from, from our daily prayers and a resource God has given us: the Bible. Thats why our good friend Schumikonen uses the Bible as his believe to prove his points, not that he can't came up with his own opinions or him being a follower (as so you claim), but he chose to. It's got nothing to do with it being the new millenium, the Bible does not change. God is God, He is not obligated to anyone!

We now move to the homosexual disorder. It is a disorder because in the Bible, our belief system, God condone it and even destroyed a city because of it. Homosexuality is not normal, people aint born Homos. "for the carnal mind is enmity againts God, it is not subject to the law of God, and neither indeed, can be" Here's the catch. But be it far for me as human to judge anyone on this, for God sits alone and the throne and have the keys to judge, and thats what many people, including Christians get wrong. We can tel you it's wrong, but thats as far as we can go. a Homo can choose whatever he does with it, for if it does'nt come by revelation, he won't accept it. a Homosexual does not have any less respect than anyone else in my eyes, homosexuals can be good people, unfortunately being good does'nt bring you into heaven....