Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Sexuality; What Are Your Views?

Sexuality  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Is Your Sexuality A Choice?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Homosexual Men And Women Have Equal Rights With Straight People?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should Homosexual Couples Be Allowed To Adopt?

• Yes
    • No

No I don't think so, but the problem is when that get out of control, the bible says that having sex is a necessity and urge the people who can not control themselves to get married.

1 Corinthians 7

3Husbands and wives should be fair with each other about having sex. 4A wife belongs to her husband instead of to herself, and a husband belongs to his wife instead of to himself. 5So don't refuse sex to each other, unless you agree not to have sex for a little while, in order to spend time in prayer.

8Here is my advice for people who have never been married and for widows. You should stay single, just as I am. 9But if you don't have enough self-control, then go ahead and get married. After all, it is better to marry than to burn with desire.

what a load of crap - i pity anyone who believes in this stuff

what a load of crap - i pity anyone who believes in this stuff

well then, pity me and everyone else who believes in the Bible...

Do keep in mind Peter was a loner, He chose to live without a wife for his own reasons... I think that paragrah is quite fair by the way...

but the paragraph says you should never refuse sex to each other, and if you agree to not do it for a while, its because you are agreeing to spend more time in prayer???

so if you have a religious wife you can expect sex every day, cos to refuse you would be against her beliefs?

i just think the bible sets too many 'rules'. I have morals but not strict, restrictive morals which prevent me from living life to the full!

but the paragraph says you should never refuse sex to each other, and if you agree to not do it for a while, its because you are agreeing to spend more time in prayer???

so if you have a religious wife you can expect sex every day, cos to refuse you would be against her beliefs?

i just think the bible sets too many 'rules'. I have morals but not strict, restrictive morals which prevent me from living life to the full!

That paragraph can also be interpreted in a diffrent way, either one can compromise, I don't see it a forced issue. Remember Jem, I grew up waking up in the mornings with my father praying, my upbringing is spiritual, these rules etc is almost natural to me.

what is really inaccurate is to think that there was only one kind of homosexuals in Sodom there was a complete sexual degradation in that city so what is inaccurate is your way of seeing what really happended over there.

If you read my posts you'll see that I know exactly what the word means, and it's origins. You'll also see that I referred specifically to the modern usage, not the archaic. That being so, HotRod was inaccurate in his usage of the term.

That paragraph can also be interpreted in a diffrent way, either one can compromise, I don't see it a forced issue. Remember Jem, I grew up waking up in the mornings with my father praying, my upbringing is spiritual, these rules etc is almost natural to me.

Our upbringing influences us greatly.

Our upbringing influences us greatly.

yes, you are correct.....

But since I've fallen from God and his ways for about 10 years, I would know a little bit more of the world don't you agree Monza. I am an openminded individual, my work requiers that too. It's recently that I came back. The experiences I have is invalueble, of both sides, I'm greatful for that, but I would in any time choose God, the experience living in sin is miserable, in my opinion.....

Time to chip in....

As HotRod (this btw is the only point I agree with him) has stated jaq, we choose the Bible as a belief-system, because we believe in the One god.... Jesus, the Father and the Holy Ghost trinity as One. It came to us by revelation. It does'nt need an intelligent person to have this revelation, it can happen to anyone. And because we choose to serve, God promises to look after us and guide us. It has now become a personal relationship, a daily mind workshift from us living our own lives, to trusting God with our lives. a Huge paradigm shift! Where do we get this guidance from, from our daily prayers and a resource God has given us: the Bible. Thats why our good friend Schumikonen uses the Bible as his believe to prove his points, not that he can't came up with his own opinions or him being a follower (as so you claim), but he chose to. It's got nothing to do with it being the new millenium, the Bible does not change. God is God, He is not obligated to anyone!

We now move to the homosexual disorder. It is a disorder because in the Bible, our belief system, God condone it and even destroyed a city because of it. Homosexuality is not normal, people aint born Homos. "for the carnal mind is enmity againts God, it is not subject to the law of God, and neither indeed, can be" Here's the catch. But be it far for me as human to judge anyone on this, for God sits alone and the throne and have the keys to judge, and thats what many people, including Christians get wrong. We can tel you it's wrong, but thats as far as we can go. a Homo can choose whatever he does with it, for if it does'nt come by revelation, he won't accept it. a Homosexual does not have any less respect than anyone else in my eyes, homosexuals can be good people, unfortunately being good does'nt bring you into heaven....

In respect to your first point, everyone does not believe in jesus or the holy ghost. There are Jahovah witnesses who do not, Muslims who do not and Asisians who do not believe in jesus, and because of the differances we can not consider anything to be one. I never said you had to be intelligent and I certainly never said you had no choice. As for what the bible says it doesn't matter except to those who wish to believe. Your statement that homosexuality is a disorder is not based on fact except interputed opinion and again i ask, please give some proven facts that it is indeed a disorder.I'm not asking for biblical crap, I'm asking for proven scientific fact that homosexuality is a disorder and can be cured. In respect to the rest of your opinion it holds no merit just as hotrod's and shumikoen's. If you want to preach the words of the bible It's ok.I never said it wasn't, but what I do say is do not think or imply it's the truth.

Do you see how your lack of knowledge of the bible makes you misunderstand what is in there, look what else is saying Paul in the same chapter.

1 Corinthians 7

6In my opinion that is what should be done, though I don't know of anything the Lord said about this matter. 7I wish that all of you were like me, but God has given different gifts to each of us.

12I don't know of anything else the Lord said about marriage. All I can do is to give you my own advice. If your wife isn't a follower of the Lord, but is willing to stay with you, don't divorce her. 13If your husband isn't a follower, but is willing to stay with you, don't divorce him. 14Your husband or wife who isn't a follower is made holy by having you as a mate.

He was just giving his opinion about that matter to a church who asked him about that, this is not a comandment from the Lord and should not be taken as a comandment, he was just giving his advice, but you without knowing this just called it crap. :nono1:

But since I've fallen from God and his ways for about 10 years, I would know a little bit more of the world don't you agree Monza. I am an openminded individual, my work requiers that too. It's recently that I came back. The experiences I have is invalueble, of both sides, I'm greatful for that, but I would in any time choose God, the experience living in sin is miserable, in my opinion.....

Definitely.

In respect to your first point, everyone does not believe in jesus or the holy ghost. There are Jahovah witnesses who do not, Muslims who do not and Asisians who do not believe in jesus, and because of the differances we can not consider anything to be one. I never said you had to be intelligent and I certainly never said you had no choice. As for what the bible says it doesn't matter except to those who wish to believe. Your statement that homosexuality is a disorder is not based on fact except interputed opinion and again i ask, please give some proven facts that it is indeed a disorder.I'm not asking for biblical crap, I'm asking for proven scientific fact that homosexuality is a disorder and can be cured. In respect to the rest of your opinion it holds no merit just as hotrod's and shumikoen's. If you want to preach the words of the bible It's ok.I never said it wasn't, but what I do say is do not think or imply it's the truth.

Yes, I agree, I don't think there's any prove, there's just the Word of God.

I didn't mean it in a negative way Brad. You grew up in a spiritual environment, turned away and then came back to it. You're happy with your choice and that's what really counts.

I already posted some testimonies of people who has been cured, that should be enough for you, there are thier addresses if you want to get in contact with them, and I can get you hundreds more of thoses people from all around the world, so yes it can be cured and the reason why I don't give you more details about that is just because you are not ready for that, anyway you can do your own research if you really want to know about that, but if you just want to keep talking in here be my guess, I gave you testimonies from real people and the way to contact them, from you I just got words, nothing else, if you want to find real exgays that had been cured you can find them, I gave you a clue, now is up to you to do this, to believe it or do you research, if you do the research you could get to that point where I can share the rest of the info with you, right now it would be pointless because you don't have the info you need to understand what I have to tell you, this doesn't have anything to do with inteligence is just getting the right info, you don't need much but you still need some info, get it and then I will continue sharing this with you.

Do you see how your lack of knowledge of the bible makes you misunderstand what is in there, look what else is saying Paul in the same chapter.

1 Corinthians 7

6In my opinion that is what should be done, though I don't know of anything the Lord said about this matter. 7I wish that all of you were like me, but God has given different gifts to each of us.

12I don't know of anything else the Lord said about marriage. All I can do is to give you my own advice. If your wife isn't a follower of the Lord, but is willing to stay with you, don't divorce her. 13If your husband isn't a follower, but is willing to stay with you, don't divorce him. 14Your husband or wife who isn't a follower is made holy by having you as a mate.

He was just giving his opinion about that matter to a church who asked him about that, this is not a comandment from the Lord and should not be taken as a comandment, he was just giving his advice, but you without knowing this just called it crap. :nono1:

ah, yeah, the instrument was Paul, I forgot... :D

I didn't mean it in a negative way Brad. You grew up in a spiritual environment, turned away and then came back to it. You're happy with your choice and that's what really counts.

yes MG :)

I already posted some testimonies of people who has been cured, that should be enough for you, there are thier addresses if you want to get in contact with them, and I can get you hundreds more of thoses people from all around the world, so yes it can be cured and the reason why I don't give you more details about that is just because you are not ready for that, anyway you can do your own research if you really want to know about that, but if you just want to keep talking in here be my guess, I gave you testimonies from real people and the way to contact them, from you I just got words, nothing else, if you want to find real exgays that had been cured you can find them, I gave you a clue, now is up to you to do this, to believe it or do you research, if you do the research you could get to that point where I can share the rest of the info with you, right now it would be pointless because you don't have the info you need to understand what I have to tell you, this doesn't have anything to do with inteligence is just getting the right info, you don't need much but you still need some info, get it and then I will continue sharing this with you.

You continue to respond with nothing more than biblical and opinionated rhetoric. One last request. Show facts, not testimonials.Show scientific evIedence to substantiate your claim that homosexuality is a disorder and can be cured, not religious fanatisisms. You continue to rant about nonfacts. SHOW THE PROOF FOR THE LAST TIME! PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE!

You continue to respond with nothing more than biblical and opinionated rhetoric. One last request. Show facts, not testimonials.Show scientific evIedence to substantiate your claim that homosexuality is a disorder and can be cured, not religious fanatisisms. You continue to rant about nonfacts. SHOW THE PROOF FOR THE LAST TIME! PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE!

Can you PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE show us homosexuality is not a disorder...PLEASE. Provide nonopinionated and and non-biblical evidence. Please provide scientific evidences. Any evidences is welcomed. John Travolta said he was cured of homosexuality, he's not even a christian. Please explain this...

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain why that human being have a penis instead of a vagina, and vica versa...PLEASE

jag, many here have tried to explain the concept of the bible and the bible's stance on the topic being discussed; and about their personal points of view. When one defines oneself as a bible-believing-christian, it becomes easier for that one to accept the view of the bible as the only authoritive rule relating to 'sin'. Its a strange phenomon this, when one first become's this type of christian. One's whole mindset is overuled, 'renewed'; all one's opinions that one's held before, is replaced by the values stipulated by the bible. The bible does not present itself to be opinionated, nor does it present itself to be fairytales or beautiful stories to warm one's heart. It presents itself as omniscient. That's all knowing. You will have a hard time understanding it, and that is a fact. We can't convert you but what you must understand that when we do give our point of views, it is bible-based and because it is bible-based, any argument that one makes that contradicts the bible - one's never going to win. It's a complex a phenomenon but I hope I've helped.

jag, many here have tried to explain the concept of the bible and the bible's stance on the topic being discussed; and about their personal points of view. When one defines oneself as a bible-believing-christian, it becomes easier for that one to accept the view of the bible as the only authoritive rule relating to 'sin'. Its a strange phenomon this, when one first become's this type of christian. One's whole mindset is overuled, 'renewed'; all one's opinions that one's held before, is replaced by the values stipulated by the bible. The bible does not present itself to be opinionated, nor does it present itself to be fairytales or beautiful stories to warm one's heart. It presents itself as omniscient. That's all knowing. You will have a hard time understanding it, and that is a fact. We can't convert you but what you must understand that when we do give our point of views, it is bible-based and because it is bible-based, any argument that one makes that contradicts the bible - one's never going to win. It's a complex a phenomenon but I hope I've helped.

Thats why i challenged him with my last post. We understand his point of view, but he has to see ours too......

very well said HotRod....

Time to chip in....

As HotRod (this btw is the only point I agree with him) has stated jaq, we choose the Bible as a belief-system, because we believe in the One god.... Jesus, the Father and the Holy Ghost trinity as One. It came to us by revelation. It does'nt need an intelligent person to have this revelation, it can happen to anyone. And because we choose to serve, God promises to look after us and guide us. It has now become a personal relationship, a daily mind workshift from us living our own lives, to trusting God with our lives. a Huge paradigm shift! Where do we get this guidance from, from our daily prayers and a resource God has given us: the Bible. Thats why our good friend Schumikonen uses the Bible as his believe to prove his points, not that he can't came up with his own opinions or him being a follower (as so you claim), but he chose to. It's got nothing to do with it being the new millenium, the Bible does not change. God is God, He is not obligated to anyone!

We now move to the homosexual disorder. It is a disorder because in the Bible, our belief system, God condone it and even destroyed a city because of it. Homosexuality is not normal, people aint born Homos. "for the carnal mind is enmity againts God, it is not subject to the law of God, and neither indeed, can be" Here's the catch. But be it far for me as human to judge anyone on this, for God sits alone and the throne and have the keys to judge, and thats what many people, including Christians get wrong. We can tel you it's wrong, but thats as far as we can go. a Homo can choose whatever he does with it, for if it does'nt come by revelation, he won't accept it. a Homosexual does not have any less respect than anyone else in my eyes, homosexuals can be good people, unfortunately being good does'nt bring you into heaven....

Far be it for you to judge, but then you proceed to do precisely that...... do you not see your own hypocrisy?

You are not open-minded, sir - in fact, you are entirely closed-minded, as you admit below....

Can you PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE show us homosexuality is not a disorder...PLEASE. Provide nonopinionated and and non-biblical evidence. Please provide scientific evidences. Any evidences is welcomed. John Travolta said he was cured of homosexuality, he's not even a christian. Please explain this...

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain why that human being have a penis instead of a vagina, and vica versa...PLEASE

If a belief that homosexuality is a disorder is acceptable without any scientific proof to support it, then it would be equally consistent for me to suggest that a belief in an imaginary supreme being is a phsycological disorder accompanied by delusional manifestations.

As for your request for proof to establish a negative (i.e. that homosexuality is not a disorder) that is logically impossible. If something does not exist, there can be no proof of its non-existence.

As a result, it falls to those making the positive claim (i.e be it a belief in [G]od, a belief in Santa Claus, or a belief that homosexuality is a disorder) to demonstrate their proof.

Thats why i challenged him with my last post. We understand his point of view, but he has to see ours too......

very well said HotRod....

It is completely inconsistent to agree with anything HotRod wrote and then claim that you are an open-minded individual. You both admit that your opinions are defined by the bible and nothing, not reasoned argument, personal experience, nor even your own rationality will interfere with that belief structure. This reduces you to little more than an automaton - an entirely unthinking drone.

Hardly something to be emulated I would think.....

Far be it for you to judge, but then you proceed to do precisely that...... do you not see your own hypocrisy?

You are not open-minded, sir - in fact, you are entirely closed-minded, as you admit below....

If a belief that homosexuality is a disorder is acceptable without any scientific proof to support it, then it would be equally consistent for me to suggest that a belief in an imaginary supreme being is a phsycological disorder accompanied by delusional manifestations.

As for your request for proof to establish a negative (i.e. that homosexuality is not a disorder) that is logically impossible. If something does not exist, there can be no proof of its non-existence.

As a result, it falls to those making the positive claim (i.e be it a belief in [G]od, a belief in Santa Claus, or a belief that homosexuality is a disorder) to demonstrate their proof.

It is completely inconsistent to agree with anything HotRod wrote and then claim that you are an open-minded individual. You both admit that your opinions are defined by the bible and nothing, not reasoned argument, personal experience, nor even your own rationality will interfere with that belief structure. This reduces you to little more than an automaton - an entirely unthinking drone.

Hardly something to be emulated I would think.....

I've searched for the truth and I've found it. You can continue going in circles if you want ...but I think I've said enough. In my eyes, you're still searching ...good luck!

It's a bloody storybook! a fairy tale to make people be nice to each other. Exept it didnt work.

silverstone chimp, I rest my case

There's no need for that sort of personal abuse, HotRod. It is never justified and just makes you look silly. It exposes you as a very intolerant person.