Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Best Qualifying Lap Ever

I was blown away 2 years ago when Kimi did this lap, absolutely astounding. Under pressure and delivering. I have'nt seen a qualifying lap this good in years. On the edge all the time. Made me realise why I was a fan of this modern driver. Have you got any to share? Any other laps that comes to mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olWY4CBVrq0

Was very good...

I seem to remember an unbelievable lap for pole by Senna around Suzuka in the late 80's.

Alonso around Monza in 2006 with a slightly broken ill-handling car to get...4th I think.

Maybe a bit biased but I was still well chuffed with his effort.

Alonso around Monza in 2006 with a slightly broken ill-handling car to get...4th I think.

Yeah that was something special... I watched it recently on the season review and the presenter raved about it.

Pity those Ferrari scumbags and the FIA didn't agree and panelized him in what was the biggest joke on the FIA since USA 2005.

Yeah that was something special... I watched it recently on the season review and the presenter raved about it.

Pity those Ferrari scumbags and the FIA didn't agree and panelized him in what was the biggest joke on the FIA since USA 2005.

That's absolutely disgusting!! They covered him in panels just because he did a good lap?? Were they vinyl panels or real wood ones - ouch!!

Sorry, Wez, after reading it, the vision just kept coming into my head of Alonso and panels!! I really need to get more sleep!! Me bad, sorry!! :lol:

That's absolutely disgusting!! They covered him in panels just because he did a good lap?? Were they vinyl panels or real wood ones - ouch!!

Sorry, Wez, after reading it, the vision just kept coming into my head of Alonso and panels!! I really need to get more sleep!! Me bad, sorry!! :lol:

:lol:

I might disagree with you on this, I think his speed was'nt so much affected, he just got beaten plain and simple.... He showed good pace throughout the race until his blowup....

buttons melbourne 2006 pole lap, nothing short of outstanding! even martin brundle said it was 1 of the best laps he'd ever seen, and he knows a thing or 2 about driving f1 cars!

buttons melbourne 2006 pole lap, nothing short of outstanding! even martin brundle said it was 1 of the best laps he'd ever seen, and he knows a thing or 2 about driving f1 cars!

I was going to suggest that one too - Video Link.

I remembered one back from the "old days" and managed to find it on Youtube. While it may not look fast by today's standards, I still think it was an awesome lap.

Senna @ Suzka. Check out how he takes the 130R and is all sideways braking into the following chicane.

I remembered one back from the "old days" and managed to find it on Youtube. While it may not look fast by today's standards, I still think it was an awesome lap.

Senna @ Suzka. Check out how he takes the 130R and is all sideways braking into the following chicane.

what an artist, sublime driving on the edge, the way I like it.... I watched f1 on and off in the nineties, but remembered I was quite shocked at his death..... Got really stuck on it during Mika's reign.....

Was going to say the same, kind of defined the beurocracy thats killing F1 aswell since he did something very stunning and brave only to get a penalty :nono1:

Very passionate saturaday on and off the track that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV7Y5glS6Jw is fantastic aswell, youngest pole position and just look how much he was fighting the car. The R23 had no where near the balance a race winning car should have.

Most have mentioned the obvious ones, Webber's lap in the Jag to get 2nd (IIRC) was a good one.

is there a youtube link for Jarno Trulli's quali lap from monaco 2000? or it might be 2001 - he put his jordan on the front row with a stunning lap. His 2004 pole was pretty mighty aswell!

I was blown away 2 years ago when Kimi did this lap, absolutely astounding. Under pressure and delivering. I have'nt seen a qualifying lap this good in years. On the edge all the time. Made me realise why I was a fan of this modern driver. Have you got any to share? Any other laps that comes to mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olWY4CBVrq0

Inch-perfection combined with agression!

Kimi driving through the smoke at Eau Rouge back in '02(?) was insane and gutsy. Then there was Michael and Mika trading hundredths at Suzuka 2000. I remember a Senna Monaco lap back in the late 80's too that even he said he thought was incredible. There are so many...

What year did Michael get it sideways into turn 1 in Austria and still puti it on pole? I think it was '03 because he was trading times with JPM.

what about the race in 2005 where he was 1 stopping so he carried a lot more fuel in qualifying than anyone. montoya destroyed all challengers by a couple tenths but then raikkonen destroyed him by two tenths even with a lot more fuel on. he would have won the race but they stupidly pitted him 2 laps after his pit stop to change a tyre. surely they must have realized it was in bad condition during the pit stop and should have changed it then. i forgot what track this was on tho. it was during the middle of the season, i'm thinking it was monza?

What about Senna's qualifying lap for the 1988 Monaco GP, where he described being in a different dimension and actually scaring himself.

What about Senna's qualifying lap for the 1988 Monaco GP, where he described being in a different dimension and actually scaring himself.

Thanks feanor :thbup: , I was going to track down that clip when I had a chance :D

I found some information on that lap in Monaco Senna set a blistering time of 1m23.998 while Prost could only set a time of 1m25.425.