Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

Bmw Sauber - Europe

Its always exciting to hear of the use of supercomputers in Formula 1.

BMW Sauber are claiming that their new supercomputer, "Albert 2″, is the fastest supercomputer in industrial use in Europe.

Albert 2 uses 1,024 Intel processor cores, has a total memory of 2,048GB and a maximum power of 12,288 GigaFlops.

2,048 GB of memory? Still not enough to run GP4 at full frame rate!

BMW Sauber are claiming that their new supercomputer, "Albert 2″, is the fastest supercomputer in industrial use in Europe.

Albert 2 uses 1,024 Intel processor cores, has a total memory of 2,048GB and a maximum power of 12,288 GigaFlops.

:clap3:

I think I've built about 3 computers trying to do just that. Anyway, now I know what it takes............ :lol:

Lol, well it certainly sounds impressive, although most tech/computer talk baffles me. :P

And is it that suprising considering they are a German team?

Yeah good for BMW. Although, I hate to brag but in my work I use a computer more than twice as good as that. ;)

Lol, well it certainly sounds impressive, although most tech/computer talk baffles me. :P

And is it that suprising considering they are a German team?

I think that computer was purchased by Peter Sauber, so it can be credited to the Swiss. :D

I think it's 2048GB of ram, Sato, not 2GB

My mistake, to used to reading those figures as megs obviously.

I'd be more impressed if it was 12,288 teraflops............

Yeah good for BMW. Although, I hate to brag but in my work I use a computer more than twice as good as that. ;)

So your computer has over 4000 gigs of ram??? :wacko:

Something like that, yeah, but the processing power is more than double the BMW machine. (Needless to say it's too big to sit on my desk.)

I think that computer was purchased by Peter Sauber, so it can be credited to the Swiss. :D

Albert 1 was bought by Peter Sauber less than two years ago and its already obsolite.

Albert 2 is pure BMW era.