Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagman

The championship is all over...

If you ask me (not that anyone did :) ), the 2001 championship is over already with 7 races still to go.

I cant honestly see Ralfy boy or DC pull back the lead on Schuey as the man is like a robot and never makes a mistake, if he finishes a race, its gonna be first or second and the Ferrari never seems to break down during a race...

does anyone see it differently, am I over dramatising or is it really a forgone conclusion?

I agree. Michael Schumacher has already won the 2001 FIA World Championship, inofficially at least. With 70 points to go and a 31 point lead i think it's almost impossible to stop him. Maybe Mika Hakkinen could ram him from the track to give DC a chance for the win if Mika can go that far! (Sorry to all McLaren or Mika Fans, i'm just a Schuey fan!!!)

If MS continues finishing the races, he will win and finally win the World Championship, which in fact i would welcome quiet a bit.

Maybe it will be a Schumacher 1-2 in the championship! Tjat would be awesome because i don't think it's ever happened before. If so, please tell me.

I agree with you all, Michaels won it!

I think Michael needs 3 more wins, then know one else can really catch him

I'm praying Ralf can catch and beat DC!!

:)

Mika says he still has a mathmatical chance of a win.

I think he means the WDC not just a race although he may be joking, after all he is well known for his sense of humour.

He's right of course, if he won every remaining race & MS didn't get a point then it would be MH by one point 79 to 78. Talk about an optimist. LOL!

Seriously though it looks like MS for WDC with Ralf second.

BMW are getting more reliable so they should pull away from McLaren & win nearly half the remaining races.

Go ralfie 2002

I just wanted you to know that I agree with you all.

MS will hold the title, unless... I don't want to think about that accident.

I am also all for Ralf for 2nd place, and maybe Williams should back him up some more in order to get there, even though there was no need till now.

I agree with all you guys and i just think it would be wonderful for the Schumacher parents to see both their kids finishing 1-2 in the world's hardest racing league!!

Go Schumacher family !!!!   ;)

No question, MS has the title.  He is to far ahead now, and driving at his best.

It is now a question of who will be second.  It would be great to see DC as Ralf fight it out for second place.

yeah, thats the excitment for the seasson now, who will be second in the drivers championship.

Going by recent form, you would have to put your money on Ralf.  Shame for Coulthard, but thats how it goes...

heh, where did you get that idea?

But seriously, I would love to see DC bring the fight back and bring this season down to the wire...but in reality i still think it will be dc and rs fighting for second...

Unless something really bad happens to MS the title is his once again i think the excitment of F1 the next 7 races will be watching DC and RS fighting for second place..oh that's besides watching MS driving yet another perfect race!lol

Quote: from Claire on 7:37 am on July 5, 2001

Your opinion wouldnt be biased would it Saltire? :)

Oops I have been rumbled -certainly my opinion is biased- i can't deny that. :shocked:

Unfortunately Schumi will win the WDC but DC will be runner-up