Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loser Boy

Do You Believe In The Concept Of Destiny?

Odd as it may seem I ,who's named himself loserboy ,don't believe that there's any such thing as destiny.

In my opinion ,destiny is a concept invented by humans to explain away or console losses. Well, I've come across the word mostly in the context of losses. I mean it's a concept invented to prevent the mind from endlessly asking "Why did this have to happen to me?" It's a tool of acceptance. Nothing less,nothing more.

There's no such thing as a script written for every human on this planet. You are what you make of yourself.

Do write in your opinions.

Interesting question. I'm not sure what destiny means exactly. If destiny means that whatever happens will happen regardless of your actions and choices, then no I definitely don't believe in it. Que sera sera is the most dangerous saying known to man. To cut a complicated* story short I would say that we make our own luck in life, so in that sense I don't believe in destiny.

*Free will and determinism come into this issue pretty quickly and then we're into deep philosophical waters.

No. And there's no match for a blaster by your side.

I will be the first one to say. Yes i believe in Destiny.At least all the big descisions in life are controlled by destiny like who will you marry/where you study/ work etc the small desicions may be "choice" but i am not sure abt small. I have too many examples to believe destiny and not conicedence happened..

No. And there's no match for a blaster by your side.

Master Blaster..................

I will be the first one to say. Yes i believe in Destiny.At least all the big descisions in life are controlled by destiny like who will you marry/where you study/ work etc the small desicions may be "choice" but i am not sure abt small. I have too many examples to believe destiny and not conicedence happened..

We are the authors of our own story in everything we do. We are going to do things even before we decide, so yes, I believe in destiny.

We are the authors of our own story in everything we do. We are going to do things even before we decide, so yes, I believe in destiny.

I am not sure if you are agreeing with me or giving a sarcastic comment.

ure first post without a "thank you."

I believe in 'fate' to the point that some things happen for a reason (so not very strongly), but I disagree as to why I do. I don't do it to explain losses, because I actually believe a positive comes from every evil and so a lesson is learnt from everything. If I look to some events in my lifetime, I see how, in the main events, even if negative, they happened at a 'perfect' time where I could deal with them and better myself. I think fate / destiny explains the consequences of an event more than the cause or the happening of it.

I am not sure if you are agreeing with me or giving a sarcastic comment.

ure first post without a "thank you."

I was agreeing with you. Thanks

Well, if we believe the bible, says we were predestined b4 the foundation of the earth. We were in existence looonnnggg waayyy before now, wether it's by name or ?????t. Far fetched as it may seem, I believe. I believe we were put on this earth at a specific time at a specific age to fulfull a "job". The earth has a need for you some way or another. It is your moment here on earth. That's your destiny. and It does'nt mean you have to live a hundred years to fulfill it. Jesus Christ died and fulfilled his destiny at age 33. Unfortunately we get so distracted by trivial things we live long to regret it. Most of us won't reached our destiny, you need God to help you The graveyards is filled of dreams that never materialised. But what God has predestined cannot be undone, it will happen, one way or another.....

I thought of opening a new thread "What is the purpose of life?" or "What is life?" But I do think there's a certain amount of overlap with respect to this topic.

Here it goes.

Life or rather the entire Universe is nihilistic. That's the bitter truth. There's no meaning to our lives or the universe. I think all physical or mental desires have only one purpose. To make us forget the meaninglessness/nihilism of the universe. Those desires shape up our goals & define life within the non-nihilistic context.

Deep questioning of anything in this universe always leads to one answer. The answer is : It is. There's nothing after is.

Lucky are the people who live life unaware of nihilism.

noway, what happens happens, and you make your own life based on choices you make and what paths you take. In olden times people believed it a lot more, just as they all believed in god a lot more too, probably cos they all felt they needed guidance

Some more philosophical rumbling...

Time does not exist. Essentially the universe has no beginning or end. Time "exists" only for living things.

The ultimate goal of every living thing in the non-nihilistic context is to have a peaceful,natural,painless death. Few are the people who accomplish this goal while being aware of this goal.