Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

It's good that he has self belief. George Bush does too.

i would start a poll but i dont think its worth it! DC's 1 of the best personalities in the paddock and I'd definately enjoy to see him challenging at the front again

I don't disagree tat you'd enjoy seeing him up there, but you're not the whole of F1, tbph.

I don't disagree tat you'd enjoy seeing him up there, but you're not the whole of F1, tbph.

You want to see him on top of something else?????:grin: like yourself...... :grin:

I've no clue where you got that idea from, but no.... that place ontop of me is reserved for someone else :P

I hereby predict Webber over DC (sorry ykick). On an entertainment note, I want to see what happens when they're both wheel-to-wheel going into a turn. I have no idea who would twitch first.

On an entertainment note, I want to see what happens when they're both wheel-to-wheel going into a turn. I have no idea who would twitch first.

We know from previous events that neither of the twitch. I remember several occasions when Coulthard and Webber have collided at the first corner on the first lap.

DC's 1 of the best personalities in the paddock

Haven't the drivers become dull.....

I want to see what happens when they're both wheel-to-wheel going into a turn.

An interesting prospect. It will obviously all depend on the precise circumstances and who deems to actually 'have' the corner. I can't think of two ther drivers more capable of going wheel to wheel and making the right decision under pressure.

i just hope DC doesn't resort to the classic 'chin barge' manouvre. Jerez '97 proves it is a lost cause.

We know from previous events that neither of the twitch. I remember several occasions when Coulthard and Webber have collided at the first corner on the first lap.

+1 Agreed. Was it or will it be ever @ z last corner on z last lap ?

It's good that he has self belief. George Bush does too.

" In theory, theory and practice are the same thing. In practice, they are not. " Aha ?

" In theory, theory and practice are the same thing. In practice, they are not. " Aha ?

Yup kup.

DC confident of Red Bull improvement

David Coulthard is confident the bitter frustrations of last year will not rear their ugly head again during the 2007 season.

With an air of cautious optimism, Red Bull Racing unveiled their new car on Friday for the forthcoming campaign at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya.

The new model, named the Challenger, is the first from design guru Adrian Newey, who has been described by team principal Christian Horner as "the Michael Schumacher of the engineering world".

After Newey quit McLaren to join Red Bull at the start of last year, the team put most of their efforts into the designing of this year's car, the RB3.

That led to a difficult 2006, the team finishing seventh in the constructors' championship with just 16 points, 14 of those from Coulthard.

But with Newey on board, a new engine supplier in Renault and now with only one tyre manufacturer in the sport - Bridgestone - the playing field has never appeared more level.

"It was hard towards the end of last year when there was no development on the car because we were concentrating on this year," reflected Coulthard.

"We were racing with a great deal of difficulty to score a point. You want something out of a race weekend, so it became difficult and frustrating.

"But that wasn't unique to me because anyone in the team who was not frustrated is in the wrong business.

"This season, there are so many reasons to believe it will be a step forward.

"I fail to see why we should be any worse than we were last year, and I believe we've room to be optimistic.

"We've increased investment in the team, more facilities, gearbox and dynos and things like that.

"We've Adrian now with us and the other people he has brought on board, and we've a World Championship-winning engine.

"But then you are always optimistic at this time of year."

After clinching the team's first podium in Monaco last year, the 35-year-old Scot is hopeful of more to come this season.

"If I come out of the year having enjoyed the season then that means we will have scored some points and had some results that weren't expected at times," added Coulthard.

"I don't know if a podium is realistic, but it's the ambition."

Coulthard is the oldest driver on the grid this year following Schumacher's retirement, a fact that prompted Red Bull's media team to describe him as "evergreen" in their launch package.

"It's a type of tree isn't it?" he joked.

"I'm only 35. It's hardly retirement age. I enjoy what I do and I clearly deliver, otherwise they wouldn't keep inviting me back."

Enjoyment is a key word for Coulthard, ensuring he has no intention of calling it a day just yet.

"I don't think about not racing, just as I didn't think about it when I was 30 or 24," insisted Coulthard.

"Just as you don't think about the day you die. You don't live your life worrying about that day.

"It is inevitable, just as it's inevitable I will stop racing - hopefully before I get myself injured or something.

"But I really live this, not as a business plan or a strategy to get out in three years and cash in my investment.

"I live it for the pure enjoyment of going racing. I've a great opportunity, and I'm enjoying it."

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Page/0...1877171,00.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like Coulthard wants to race in F1 for several more years which is great for formula 1 as like Jemstride said Coulthard is a great personality.

Well, i'd laike to see him up there, along with Webber aswell.

Newey has a fantastic track record and just from the way the car looks, I have good hopes for them.

Glad to see DC confident of staying for a couple more years, and nice also to see that they have more of a plan and are not aiming too high too soon.

Ykick you build up your hopes, just to get kicked in the teeth again................

Ykick you build up your hopes, just to get kicked in the teeth again................

But this time it will be different :D The Rb2 was a lemon and it looked like a lemon from day 1 but from day 1 the RB3 looks quick so hopefully it will be quick. Well, thats my logic anyway.

Yup kup.

'superman' definately needs 'superwoman' to start Flying. If he is Ready. Just like well-known "SchuperMan" who was married in 1995.

But this time it will be different :D The Rb2 was a lemon and it looked like a lemon from day 1 but from day 1 the RB3 looks quick so hopefully it will be quick. Well, thats my logic anyway.

dont forget the 2004 mclaren looked very quick and very elegant, but it wasnt actually that good!

dont forget the 2004 mclaren looked very quick and very elegant, but it wasnt actually that good!

Although the design was abit radical, earodynamically it was a success, but the engine gremlins was'nt....

When they got the engine right 2/3 through the season the car was flying, if it was'nt for the rear wing failure, Kimi wouldve won twice that year.....