Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

He-of-the-unspellable-name

Heeikiiiei Kovallalalalannenalnelaneeenenen intervew...a few snippets:

Q: What are your targets for the year as a whole. Ron Dennis said that he expects Lewis Hamilton to win a race in his first season

Ofcourse he's going to be easier to beat than Alonso, if he doesn't beat him he'll be out of a job.

---

Nice Q&A with him though.

Heikki seems pretty confidently calm and sensible about his debut..... Im still laughing after reading Fisi's comments implying 07 will be his best chance of a title!! So...Heikki's temperament, youth, speed,and testing experience VERSUS Fisi's average consistency of results, average qualifying speed, average race-craft and average ability to perform under pressure!! In my opinion it would be much easier for Heikki to surprise everyone than it would for Fisi to win the WDC!

Heikki seems pretty confidently calm and sensible about his debut..... Im still laughing after reading Fisi's comments implying 07 will be his best chance of a title!! So...Heikki's temperament, youth, speed,and testing experience VERSUS Fisi's average consistency of results, average qualifying speed, average race-craft and average ability to perform under pressure!! In my opinion it would be much easier for Heikki to surprise everyone than it would for Fisi to win the WDC!

i would agree that this probably is Fisi's best chance of winning the title, but that doesnt mean that i think he actually will do it. The renault would have to be by far the dominant package all year. And if Fisi does become champion, then that must make Alonso the greatest driver in history, cos he's a hell of a lot better all-round than Fisi is.

Even with alonso out of the way, i dont think Fisi is able to consistently perform at his absolute best every weekend. Every now and then he shows us his true skills, but he would need to be at that level every race. However i still very much expect him to easily outscore Kovalainen

i would agree that this probably is Fisi's best chance of winning the title, but that doesnt mean that i think he actually will do it. The renault would have to be by far the dominant package all year. And if Fisi does become champion, then that must make Alonso the greatest driver in history, cos he's a hell of a lot better all-round than Fisi is.

Even with alonso out of the way, i dont think Fisi is able to consistently perform at his absolute best every weekend. Every now and then he shows us his true skills, but he would need to be at that level every race. However i still very much expect him to easily outscore Kovalainen

I agree Fisi will outscore Hekki, too.. I do believe, however, Heikki is more likely to win a GP in his 1st season than Fisi is likely to win a WDC..

I agree Fisi will outscore Hekki, too.. I do believe, however, Heikki is more likely to win a GP in his 1st season than Fisi is likely to win a WDC..

yes i would agree with that, but Heikki will have to fight off kimi, massa, alonso and jenson and maybe more to get that first win, i dont think its going to happen this year

I agree with that also. I would put money on Kovalainen winning a race before Lewis. Purely becasue I believe that McLaren has more work to do with their package than Renault at the present time.

I rate this guy...

Fissi is going to have his work cut out, and I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be his last season in the Renault team!

I rate this guy...

Fissi is going to have his work cut out, and I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be his last season in the Renault team!

I think you have it nailed down the best...but I have been wrong before

Kova= tough, hard

lainen= a very common surname ending in finnish.

I think they'll be pretty equal next season, but Heikki's gonna be faster towards the end season. Impossible to say if he can win a GP, have to see where Renault is on the grid first I guess.

title for Fisi? not in my lifetime!

i still dont understand what is Flavio playing at keeping Fisi in the team as the number 1 driver. Fisi is so full of it thinking he can win the WDC next year, even if the Renault is the best car on the grid next year he still won't win, he just doesn't have that X factor like a Alonso, Raikkonen or a MS. I think Flavio should have axed Fisi made Webber number 1 (instead of shoving him off to Red bull) at least he has some ability.

i still dont understand what is Flavio playing at keeping Fisi in the team as the number 1 driver. Fisi is so full of it thinking he can win the WDC next year, even if the Renault is the best car on the grid next year he still won't win, he just doesn't have that X factor like a Alonso, Raikkonen or a MS. I think Flavio should have axed Fisi made Webber number 1 (instead of shoving him off to Red bull) at least he has some ability.

I agree 110% with that :thbup: