Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Webber Wonders What The Hell Ferrari Think They're Playing At

Webber questions Schu role

Monday, 29, January, 2007, 12:41

Mark Webber has questioned why Ferrari is still inviting Michael Schumacher to attend test sessions this year

Even though we may soon see a quote from Todt saying 'webber should mind his own business' I must say I agree with webber's comments. i'm sure schuey can provide valuable input but it cant be nice for Kimi, who no doubt sees as himself at least just as good, if not better than Schumacher. And if Schuey has retired from the sport, why is he still hanging around at tests and the launch?? It seems that he really cant drag himself away, F1 is his whole life, must be like a drug for him!

It would be unsettling for Kimi and i agree 100% with what Webber said. I am however finding it hard to care though as i have no interest whatsoever in Kimi Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher or Ferrari.

Dosent matter what Webber says, its always said in an entertaining way :D

In that way Coulthard and Webber are very similar as they are both very good with dealing with the media and getting their point across in a way that is more entertaining than the average driver.

In that way Coulthard and Webber are very similar as they are both very good with dealing with the media and getting their point across in a way that is more entertaining than the average driver.

True, never thought of that.

I think Webber is trying to unsettle Kimi and Ferrari with some pre-season sh*t-stirring..Schumi's presence at Ferrari engagements and testing will benefit Kimi, not hinder him..

However RBR star Webber reckons this set-up is only likely to put more pressure on Raikkonen as he tries to replace Formula 1

well, before Ferrari tells webber to shut up, Il say it, though I don't actually support Ferrari, Kimi himself has gone publicly requesting Micheal for his assistance! So I don't think there is anything wrong about Micheal being present, besides that, Webber is not a member of the Ferrari team to judge their action, and there are more experienced guys out there whose words and points are more valuable. Anyways, we really have something to talk about until the season starts! :D

well, before Ferrari tells webber to shut up, Il say it, though I don't actually support Ferrari, Kimi himself has gone publicly requesting Micheal for his assistance! So I don't think there is anything wrong about Micheal being present, besides that, Webber is not a member of the Ferrari team to judge their action, and there are more experienced guys out there whose words and points are more valuable. Anyways, we really have something to talk about until the season starts! :D

webbo was probably questioned on the matter by a journalist, i doubt he'd be bothered about trying to unsettle kimi!

yes webber does provide entertaining responses, i'm starting to like him a bit more, also taking into account his big walk/cycle thing he does for charity as well

As usual, these little sound bites are blown out of contextual proportion. If Webber made a point of sounding off without being asked or prompted then i would say he should mind his own business, but it sounds to me like he was asked and he gave his honest response, can't see what's wrong with that.

Kimi has said that he welcomes Michael's help. Well, of course he would say that but he could also subtley imply that he wasn't happy if that was the case, and as far as i know, he hasn't done that. I suspect that he does put himself on an equal footing with Michael and so he should, there's nothing wrong with confidence but he will also acknowledge Michael's achievements and experience and knows that he will do well to at least try and learn something from the old man.

As for Ferrari telling Mark to keep his nose out, do me a favour! This is water off a duck's back for Maranello. If it were a comment from someone who has done anything in the sport, someone who was a rival or someone significant they might sit up and listen. As it is they will brush him aside like an infuriating little Mozza' (albeit a tall one with incredible fitness levels).

You have to be a fan of how Webber has the ability to put his point of view across and call it like it is without sugar coating everything like most of the other drivers do.

You have to be a fan of how Webber has the ability to put his point of view across and call it like it is without sugar coating everything like most of the other drivers do.

dido

Webbo should worry about his own house. Loser..............

Webbo should worry about his own house. Loser..............

No one here can call a F1 driver a loser as he is alot more successful than any of us.

No one here can call a F1 driver a loser as he is alot more successful than any of us.

Well, nobody here has won a Formula 1 race, so if you measure success like that, Webbo has alot in common with us :P

Well, nobody here has won a Formula 1 race, so if you measure success like that, Webbo has alot in common with us :P

Success can be determained in 2 ways.

1. Money that is earned per year and in this case Webber is well ahead of any of us or

2. As a racing driver he has reached the highest level possible for a racing driver which also shows success as it isnt a easy thng to do.

Success can be determained in 2 ways.

1. Money that is earned per year and in this case Webber is well ahead of any of us or

Ok, I'll give you that one.

2. As a racing driver he has reached the highest level possible for a racing driver which also shows success as it isnt a easy thng to do.

If we accept that success in Formula 1 = winning races, then he has achieved the same success we have in Formula 1; the only difference is that my butt's warming my computer chair and his warms a carbon fibre race seat.

EDIt: Jeez, even Button's won a race :D

It would be unsettling for Kimi and i agree 100% with what Webber said. I am however finding it hard to care though as i have no interest whatsoever in Kimi Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher or Ferrari.

Thats the quote of the day Ykick!!! I couldn't agree more.

I am deeply hurt. Jensons victory was 1 of the drives of the season. And he did have competition, but he overtook them all

I am deeply hurt. Jensons victory was 1 of the drives of the season. And he did have competition, but he overtook them all

Who was the competition exactly?

there were 21 other cars out there. Jenson started behind 13 of them. Yes kimi crashed, yes alonso's wheel nut fell off, but dont forget jenson stormed thru the field overtaking massa, fisi and schumacher on the way. And by the end of the race he had pulled out a 35sec lead over De La Rosa. Everyone struggled except alonso and Button who were giving the rest of the field a wet-weather driving lesson, neither made any tiny mistake at all. anyway arguing with you about anything regarding jenson is pointless, cos you have a major issue with him despite him being 1 of DC's best mates!

there were 21 other cars out there. Jenson started behind 13 of them. Yes kimi crashed, yes alonso's wheel nut fell off, but dont forget jenson stormed thru the field overtaking massa, fisi and schumacher on the way. And by the end of the race he had pulled out a 35sec lead over De La Rosa. Everyone struggled except alonso and Button who were giving the rest of the field a wet-weather driving lesson, neither made any tiny mistake at all. anyway arguing with you about anything regarding jenson is pointless, cos you have a major issue with him despite him being 1 of DC's best mates!

Pedro de la Rosa - McLaren wasnt a overally good car and Pedro isnt a very fast driver

Nick Heidfeld - BMW was a midfeild car at best

Rubens Barrichello - Team stuffed his race early on

David Coulthard - Red Bull was a extrememly slow car

Ralf Schumacher - Using Bridgestone tyre which wasnt competitive for large amount of the race

Felipe Massa - Again using Bridgestone tyres

Michael Schumacher - Bridgestone tyres

Tiago Monteiro - Extrememly slow car with bridgestone tyres

Christijan Albers - Extrememly slow car with bridgetone tyres

Scott Speed - Extrememly slow car

Jarno Trulli - Bridgestone tyres

Takuma Sato - Slowest car on the grid

Fernando Alonso - Team stuffed up.

Kimi R