Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

Hp Or Dell

buying a notebook  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better HP or Dell in terms of warrenty and quality

• HP
    • Dell

hi guys,

i am planning to buy a laptop. which should i go for?? both have similar specs at similar prices. Which is better for warrenty and quality of the notebooks?

i know it is not the bestt place to ask but still.

thanks,

AJ

PS:- I have shortlisted it down to these two so no others.

Buy the HP, Dell is going down the $hitter.

20021109.jpg

That's your answer.

:lol:

HP HP HP

Never a HELL...oops I mean Dell...

Got a Dell laptop at work. Stupid keyboard had six keys pop out and took more than a month to replace. My own laptop (Acer) 5 yrs old still going strong with no issues....yeah i cant play the latest games on it...those are for my desktop!! :-)

Oh BTW mine was not the only one that has issues at work!!

Can go wrong with HP...Goodluck!!

Thanks a lot, with a overwhelming majority going for HP i think i will go with the HP.

I am looking at the HP dv9000z. so will place the order with vista home premium and should come to me buy feb 8th.

@Autoracer5:- nice comic. that is from the red vs blue website, right.

I would say the two are equally good. The only aspect were Dell is notably better is their product support which is superb. But based on the fact that the HP equivalent of a Dell is usually substantially cheaper, you might as well go for the HP.

Im currently using a Dell but will be upgrading my laptop and probably getting an HP.

Nope.

www.ctrlaltdel-online.com

Yeah, haven't heard much of Dell lately. Hmm.

I'm using a HP computer and that does the job very nicely. Can't really say a great deal about it as I am not all that techy.

Thanks a lot, with a overwhelming majority going for HP i think i will go with the HP.

I am looking at the HP dv9000z. so will place the order with vista home premium and should come to me buy feb 8th.

You will be sorry..............................

I just had a 2-day-long fight with a friend's Dell laptop. It's not even that old, and it's seriously messed up. It was taking 7-8 minutes to boot up, when it would even boot at all. Stupid proprietary version of Win XP. It ended up having a bad sector on the hard drive, but since disk check froze up, I couldn't mark the sector as bad.

I called the local shop about a new drive, and it was $60, but since it was a Dell, the shop wouldn't guarantee that the drive would work. Apparently they've had Dells in for repair that have rejected standard non-Dell parts. A new drive from Dell is close to $200.

In the end, I installed ubuntu on it and we stuck the XP CD on the "old junk" shelf. Runs pretty good on ubuntu, but it still has that bad sector.

Get the HP. My wife's office just got her an HP, and it's as fast as greased lightning. Uses standard stuff too, afaik.

HP for sure....

I wonder if those clips of the dells that blew up are still around....

You will be sorry..............................

Why do you say that? my other specs support it. if you desire i will post the specs up for you. just ask

Der Keiser, you love HP due to their support to BmW and dislike Dell due to williams or for other reasons????

Why do you say that? my other specs support it. if you desire i will post the specs up for you. just ask

I think Pump is saying you shouldn't get any product that has to do with Bill Gates ^_^

Personally ive seen demo's of Vista, and so long as it doesn't have all the little bugs XP had when it came out, Vista should be a very good O/S.

Der Keiser, you love HP due to their support to BmW and dislike Dell due to williams or for other reasons????

It's the other way around... HP sponsored Williams & Dell sponsor Bmw Sauber.

BTW, goferrarigo... What are the specs on the Pc you looking at? Processor & Ram?

I'm saying why buy Vista now, you know it will be loaded with bugs etc. wait a couple of years..........

I'm saying why buy Vista now, you know it will be loaded with bugs etc. wait a couple of years..........

Yeah, prob a good assumption... Microsoft need some clowns to test their product while paying for it too!

I think Pump is saying you shouldn't get any product that has to do with Bill Gates ^_^

Personally ive seen demo's of Vista, and so long as it doesn't have all the little bugs XP had when it came out, Vista should be a very good O/S.

It's the other way around... HP sponsored Williams & Dell sponsor Bmw Sauber.

Hp ATM sponser BMW, look at der kieser's sig (hiefeld i believe has the HP sponsership right on the center of his suit. thus i said Hp sponsers BMW.

BTW, goferrarigo... What are the specs on the Pc you looking at? Processor & Ram?

I went a little overboard with my specs. Got pretty much max upgraged Hp dv9000t.

- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium

- Intel® Core 2 Duo T7200 (2.0GHz/4MB L2Cache)

- 17.0" WXGA+ Ultra BrightView Widescreen (1440x900)

- 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7600

- HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + Webcam

- 2048MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

- 100GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

- FREE Upgrade - LightScribe DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer

- Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network w/Bluetooth

- No TV Tuner w/remote control

- High Capacity 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

- Microsoft® Works 8.0

- System Recovery DVD w/Windows Vista Home Premium.

Windows Vista from what i have read is quite stable from quite a few websites and i needed to buy a new laptop for college so i waiteed for vista to come out and bought it. (didn't want to go through the hassels of upgrading) plus this way all the drivers will be compatable (the main problem of vista (ATM) ) so thus i went for home premium

Dell support is crap. I phoned last week and, no offence to our Indian friends, couldn't understand a word they said because the accent was so impenetrable. On the other hand I think HP are pretty dire too - I've had nothing but trouble from them. My recommendation? Acer.

Dell support is crap. I phoned last week and, no offence to our Indian friends, couldn't understand a word they said because the accent was so impenetrable.

Oh no. Empty can, worms everywhere........

I have a Dell. There, i said it. Thus far it has served me well.