Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MasterPlans

2007 Evidence Of Tyre Favouritism?

Quote Begins//

Speculation has arisen questioning sole tyre supplier Bridgestone's insistence that all teams will be treated fairly.

The Cologne based publication Express observes that while most outfits have unveiled shorter-wheelbased cars to cope with the characteristics and required weight distribution for the current-spec tyre, Ferrari's new F2007 chassis uniquely has a longer wheelbase than in 2006.

It is suggested that Bridgestone may have provided Ferrari, the Japanese company's favoured partner during the now-ended tyre war, with privileged information about the likely direction of development during the season.

Mercedes' Competition Director Norbert Haug responded: "It would be a big mistake for Bridgestone to prefer one partner over the others, so I am completely relaxed."

//Quote Ends

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/new...130110133.shtml

Any take on this???

It wouldnt suprise me at all. Bridgestone have a history of showing favouritism to Ferrari and it is one of the reasons McLaren changed to Michelin back in 2003.

Exactly, seems all too convenient for them.

But we'll see. It'll all die down as soon as Ferrari don't beat everyone in Qualifying by 2 secs.

what a surprise, the season hasnt even begun and people are accusing ferrari of getting favoritism. Whether its alleged favoritism from FIA, from stewards, from bridgestone, I'm no ferrari fan by any means but to me it just seems like a lot of people just hate seeing ferrari win and have to find ludicrous conspiracy theories to bring them down. There's obviously no evidence for this latest allegation, and if bridgestone favour ferrari then they're pretty stupid

what a surprise, the season hasnt even begun and people are accusing ferrari of getting favoritism. Whether its alleged favoritism from FIA, from stewards, from bridgestone, I'm no ferrari fan by any means but to me it just seems like a lot of people just hate seeing ferrari win and have to find ludicrous conspiracy theories to bring them down. There's obviously no evidence for this latest allegation, and if bridgestone favour ferrari then they're pretty stupid

Thanks for someone who thinks like this, everyone just wants to jump on the ferrari cheating bandwagon. ferrari chose to be more radical in their design, it can either work for them or even work againts them. I'm thankful for a team that's willing to take risk!

"It is suggested that Bridgestone may have provided Ferrari, the Japanese company's favoured partner during the now-ended tyre war, with privileged information about the likely direction of development during the season." well, that word says everything aint it....

Development? I was under the impression Bridgestone gave the teams 6 sets of tyres and said "heres your lot for the season, enjoy!"?

Damn media hippies trying to stir up a non-storey whilst its quite I reckon!

Development? I was under the impression Bridgestone gave the teams 6 sets of tyres and said "heres your lot for the season, enjoy!"?

Damn media hippies trying to stir up a non-storey whilst its quite I reckon!

I agree, and welcome to the forum. I'll wager there will be many who will happily take this opportunity to rant about how ferrari are cheaters, despite a complete lack of evidence

jemstride, I agree with you that there will be many who will rant about ferrari as cheaters without basis, but the logic of a longer wheelbase for the 2007 contender from ferrari is at odds with the rest of the teams. This itself should be construed as a good evidence.

but the Ferraris in the past have had the shortest wheelbases around, so making it longer just means that its about where everybody else is really is a non issue

what a surprise, the season hasnt even begun and people are accusing ferrari of getting favoritism. Whether its alleged favoritism from FIA, from stewards, from bridgestone, I'm no ferrari fan by any means but to me it just seems like a lot of people just hate seeing ferrari winand have to find ludicrous conspiracy theories to bring them down. There's obviously no evidence for this latest allegation, and if bridgestone favour ferrari then they're pretty stupid

Could this be a reason for your dislike of Alonso? It's easy to hate a winner? :eusa_think:

It wouldnt suprise me at all. Bridgestone have a history of showing favouritism to Ferrari and it is one of the reasons McLaren changed to Michelin back in 2003.

Yes!