Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MasterPlans

Flav Predicts A Four-horse Title Race

Quote Begins//

Last year's title race was a two-horse battle between former Renault driver Fernando Alonso and the recently retired Michael Schumacher, and was won by the former.

However, with many changes having taken place in the build-up to this year's Championship, including Alonso's swap to McLaren, Schumi's retirement and Kimi Raikkonen's move to Ferrari, Briatore is predicting a four-horse title race.

"We are set to see the most exciting Formula One season for a long time with the amount of drivers who could win the Championship," Briatore told The People.

"I can see a lot of teams ready to challenge. Renault, Ferrari with Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren with Fernando, and Jenson Button at Honda could be there.

"But you never know until the first race of the season in March how good you really are. Starting strongly is the key again to being able to mount a title challenge."

// Quote Ends

Source - http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=191168

The question is who is the Contender from Renault? Flav has picked up the number 1 driver of all his competitors. Is it going to Fisi or KOlovalakainen (I am sorry with the spelling)?

flavio is stating the obvious. i really dont think there's going to be a renault driver fighting for the championship though

Quote Begins//

Last year's title race was a two-horse battle between former Renault driver Fernando Alonso and the recently retired Michael Schumacher, and was won by the former.

However, with many changes having taken place in the build-up to this year's Championship, including Alonso's swap to McLaren, Schumi's retirement and Kimi Raikkonen's move to Ferrari, Briatore is predicting a four-horse title race.

"We are set to see the most exciting Formula One season for a long time with the amount of drivers who could win the Championship," Briatore told The People.

"I can see a lot of teams ready to challenge. Renault, Ferrari with Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren with Fernando, and Jenson Button at Honda could be there.

"But you never know until the first race of the season in March how good you really are. Starting strongly is the key again to being able to mount a title challenge."

// Quote Ends

Source - http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=191168

The question is who is the Contender from Renault? Flav has picked up the number 1 driver of all his competitors. Is it going to Fisi or KOlovalakainen (I am sorry with the spelling)?

i agree with Flav but it is to early say... i would count in Massa as a super fast pony!

:mf_tongue: KO-VA - LAI-NEN...you go(o)d damn foreigners :lol: learn to speak Finnish ;)

Um, well, yes. Fisi will do it :P

He should certainly be team leader anyway. None of that equal status rubbish. I want HK to m,ove over for him every race. lol

But yes, ststing the obvios a bit, they say it every year, but it does look quite likely.

its not our fault, you all have weird name that end with 'nen' like Juha Kankunnen, Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Litmanen (footballer), and er, Salo

i agree with Flav but it is to early say... i would count in Massa as a super fast pony!

:mf_tongue: KO-VA - LAI-NEN...you go(o)d damn foreigners :lol: learn to speak Finnish ;)

Well, I sympathise with you... you cannot be faulted for having such a :blush: UNSPELLABLE name

a lecturer at my uni's from finland and he's called Minkkinen

Damn finns and their K's and N's!

Masterplan - why is your sig nick rolling?

I reckon Heikki will outdo Fisi

its not our fault, you all have weird name that end with 'nen' like Juha Kankunnen, Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Litmanen (footballer), and er, Salo

:lol:

What does the 'nen' mean anyway? Is it like 'son' or 'dutter' in swedish?

a lecturer at my uni's from finland and he's called Minkkinen

Damn finns and their K's and N's!

Masterplan - why is your sig nick rolling?

I reckon Heikki will outdo Fisi

We ll I was searching for a Ferrari in a similar situation to present it to Kimi, this was the best i could get on the net, just wishing Kimi to live up to his name of "Flying Finn"....literally with ferrari.

even last year it was supposed to be a 4 way battle but 1 team out of the 4 didn;'t even win a race and the other one just won a race. i just see mclaren, Ferrari challenging for constructors. ocassional win :- honda or bmw

goferraigo, i would like to add renault to the list of occasional winners, bmw might not be this year to challenge for a win but definitely they will be seen on podiums more often than 2006.

goferraigo, i would like to add renault to the list of occasional winners, bmw might not be this year to challenge for a win but definitely they will be seen on podiums more often than 2006.

Reno has no drivers. Kovi(nick name) is still a rookie if KR, FA, FM, JB,RB (in that order)retire then maybe kovi or fisi come but frankly i doubt it. dont see the fire in them.

Reno has no drivers. Kovi(nick name) is still a rookie if KR, FA, FM, JB,RB (in that order)retire then maybe kovi or fisi come but frankly i doubt it. dont see the fire in them.

I see no reason why Renault cant win afew races next year.

I see no reason why Renault cant win afew races next year.

Renault has a rookie and Fisi, he has just won two races in the last two seasons albeit with one of the best cars on the grid. IMO he definitely is not a regular race winner and championship contender. Also add to the point that renault has added new race engineers it will take some time to settle down, IMHO they might end up with one or max two wins.

Well I could just about see a four way race for the title. Clearly Ferrari followed by McLaren are favourites at this stage, but Renault and Honda have outside chances I think, especially seeing as Jense was the leading points scorer of the final 7 races.

Remember at the end of 2004, who would've expected renault to suddenly jump to the top and ferrari suddenly fall? Thats what I love about F1. We have no idea who is going to be fastest at melbourne, its very likely that ferrari mclaren renault and honda will be fighting for the front rows, but we cant rule anyone out - so I'm obviously hoping Jenson dominates the weekend, no harm in being optimistic!!

I would have agreed with you if he had stayed with Renault, the situation is like Rossi moving from HRC to Yamaha as MotoGP champion and retaining the title with title with Yamaha.

Mow that Alonso has moved from Renault to McLaren, I am firmly behind the Alonso/Mc combination to take both the titles and this will be more interesting for the F1 fans all around.